Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Miserable weather again.  Cool and rainy.  On the plus side we have reached double figures today - currently 10.1 C.  feels like we have had weeks on end of NE winds

Posted
6 hours ago, Colsuth said:

Miserable weather again.  Cool and rainy.  On the plus side we have reached double figures today - currently 10.1 C.  feels like we have had weeks on end of NE winds

Same here but when I looked at 3.00pm it was 7.8c here. We needed the rain but we are needing some warmth now. Finally dry now.

• Like 1

Posted

Still cloudy/breezy here but... DRY! What a miserable week of weather it's been here. In fact, a pretty poor attempt at early summer all told. Missed out of the recent sun & warmth then stuck under never ending rain, cloud, wind & with temperatures that made if feel like Feb. 

Posted

Best day we've had since last week here. Been lovely today

Posted

Few spots of rain ahead of the main rain. Looks a miserable afternoon when rain kicks in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

No real complaints about the weather since Sunday onward. Warm and largely dry.

Posted

Got woken by a thunderstorm at 5.30am, some huge rumbles and torrential rain in Peterculter. 

Posted

It was like someone flicked a switch last Sunday and we moved directly from Spring to Summer. In reality what happened of course is that we lost the easterly influence. We hadn't got above 15c for the 15 days beforehand but since the 19th we've had highs of 18c,19c, 20c, 20c, 20c, 20c. A few showers here this week but also plenty of sunny spells. Summer has arrived in the East Neuk!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Dreich, dreich, dreich! Can hardly see anything through the murk. Temp 13.5c and light rain. Doesn't look like a huge improvement is on the way either. Ach well, a few drams should cheer me up! Slainte!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

After a pretty good day on Sunday, at least up until 4pm when it clouded over and started raining, it's back to generally 'meh' weather now.

Posted

More rain but it's so nice and fresh out there. Probably freshest it's been for quite a while

Posted

Interesting wee storm  came in from the south west  (two rumbles of thunder nearby)  this evening after a humid showery day gave us over an hour of heavy with bursts of torrential rain  Currently 13c

P6290080.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

Interesting wee storm  came in from the south west  (two rumbles of thunder nearby)  this evening after a humid showery day gave us over an hour of heavy with bursts of torrential rain  Currently 13c

P6290080.JPG

not head any thunder here but had torrential rain

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

Posted

If the fields were not full of green crop this photoP7010084.JPG could be of a winter storm at sunset over the Firth to the north. Cool, cloudy and breezy today with a few showers currently 7c. Its going to be a cold night in the mountains.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A dusting possible for the Highest summits over the weekend.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
18 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

A dusting possible for the Highest summits over the weekend.

We got a dusting here, or more like repeated hammerings, with every other shower being hail some of which is pretty big and keeping me indoors. Not Ms HC though, she's out there splitting wood. Nuts :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
14 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

We got a dusting here, or more like repeated hammerings, with every other shower being hail some of which is pretty big and keeping me indoors. Not Ms HC though, she's out there splitting wood. Nuts :laugh:

Ben Nevis yesterday saw snow showers.

Posted
16 hours ago, Harve said:

Hovering just under 13c at 13:00 here. 

It's 04 July. Please. 

Morning was OK here but late pm was cool and wet.Cattle not getting a chance to ly in the sun and need to eat all the time to keep warm but grass regrowth is slow because of the cool temperatures so its a vicious circle.Had diamond back moths on the neeps so they have had to be sprayed twice before the caterpillars ate them all.A pest from the medditeranean believe it or not .One I have never seen in such numbers in all the years I have farmed.They  however failed to bring medditeranean temperatures on their migration to here. Currently 9c

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Not been a bad Autumn so far. Temps have been around 11c for the past few days. Some sunny spells but mostly grey, damp and windy. Fairly average Autumn fayre!

However it's July and this pish can mongoose off......and the sooner the better before I end up buying a mood lamp for the house!

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Think I'll come back here for weather ramblings etc.  Too much like prep school playground elsewhere.

I went over to Buckie yesterday and surprisingly it was wettter there than at home.  Weather at home recently has been about average for early to mid summer although we've yet to have a decent warm spell.  Was it Saturday, we had a couple of the heaviest hail showers I've seen for a long time.

The sun's out this morning though, it's almost warm, and there's a big pile of wood for processing.  Better get on with it!