Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted

hi all,

My husband and I are Glamping in Glastonbury tonight just wandering how windy its going to get also I see storms or arriving in the south west could we possible see something tonight. Hope So !!:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms
38 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It's turned atrocious here, drving, convective rain- nasty road conditions!

Getting that here now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just had a moderate rain shower here. No thunder and lightning as of yet. High Rainfall Rate Today: 1.6 mm/hr at 20:42 Rainfall Last Hour: 0.4 mm Rainfall Today: 1.6 mm.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Yesterday was a very windy day with frequent gale force wind gusts at times here. High Wind Gust Yesterday: 42 mph at 17:00 High Average Wind Speed Yesterday: 22 mph at 20:23 Wind Run Yesterday: 302.1 miles.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well the wind has dropped considerably but a really cold soggy start to the week here - very heavy rain on my drive up the M5 this morning and rather nasty driving conditions. Looks like a miserable day to come with much better convective weather starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

A change from yesterday morning. Clear sky apart from a smidgen of Ci and Ac. Temp 5C and a zephyr from the ESE.

And as if by magic it is completely different here with heavy rain since about 06.45! Calm though.

The rain band developed extremely quickly, if you zoom to BA12 on the radar and view the 5 minute slides from 05.30 onwards you'll see what I mean as a finger of rain formed and pulsed SE-NW.

Similar development at the leading edge has occurred across Dorset-Somerset in the last half an hour. Anybody know what is making these fingers of torrential rain form pulsing SE-NW on the leading edge?

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I'm under the same line here in DT9, Andy!  6mm in the gauge at 07.00GMT from yesterday's heavy showers and a further 3.6mm in the last two hours...and it's still raining!  Right on the edge of it here, it comes and goes, I wish it would go permanently!

Posted

I'm on the leading edge of that  'finger'. It comes, it goes, there's a heavier pulse, there's drizzle, there's another pulse. It stops. It starts. Doesn't seem to be moving in any direction, it's just stalled for the past 6 hours over us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

9.2mm from last nights rain, a further 5.2mm this morning. The sun is out now though.

Temp: 13.4°C - Hum: 79% - Bar: 1005.79hPa - Wind: W to SW at 3mph.

Posted

26mm in Warminster from 17.00 yesterday until half an hour ago!

That takes this month's total to 48mm which is already twice as much as the entire month of April last year!!

Brightening up now with hazy sunshine but already signs of convection occurring. Interestingly given a front has slid SE-NW across the region and now cleared to the N is that the clouds are moving NW-SE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Turned in to a beaut of a day after the initial rain, tipped over the 15 mark too-  peaked at 15.3°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

A forgotten photo i was meant to share from yesterdays storm surge on the Isle of Wight, from Sea grove bay

12969318_10207821278948833_875692329_n.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Hello All.

Nice clearance in cloud to my south now not a bad evening really with light winds. 11C with 15mm of rain recorded today

Just doing some testing of my new camera that I haven't used much think its a Nikon D3200 DSLR.

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Not too bad a day yesterday, cloudy, dry, light 2-5mph winds and 13c for the middle part of the day.
After the sun night and early morning rain, sun evening and night 10mm and yesterday early morning 3.9mm

Dropped to 6c early morning, now rising slowly to 7c.
A slight fog this morning.
Looks like a few calm dry days ahead.

Edited by lettice