Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Spare a thought for those poor storm deprived folks in Telford! Even Shrewsbury has seen a storm this year lol!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

What a strike about an hour ago and very loud thunder travelling around the sky, moderate to heavy rain, and gusty but rain has died down now.

Posted

Can see those clouds over Brummieland on the horizon, beautifully sunny here. Don't mind that, it's when everywhere else gets storms or sun and we just get cloud that I can't stand.

Telford had a storm a couple of weeks ago didn't it? We got ours on May 7th, but there was rumbling in the distance on the 22nd. I would have thought Telford got that one.

Posted

I must have missed that one lol. I don't recall a storm here i am normally out in the garden at the 1st hint (like yesterday) I know Shrewsbury had a good storm a few weeks back on a Sunday because the bloke i work with said it scared the **** out of his misses lol! But yesterday my mother in law said it chucked it down in here part of Telford, was bone dry here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
35 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Capture.PNG  

Looks impressive....see that little red dot, well that's where i am, it's right on my door step......come on come to daddy :D 

I WAS LOOKING DOWN THE BARREL OF A GUN.........BOOM!!!.... INSTEAD.....:wallbash:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes the radar is full of activity around the central midlands currently.I have just had a half an hour downpour which is just starting to ease into steady rain now..No thunder or lightening yet though.It has been threatening all afternoon as the humidity increased along with the steady build up of of towering cumulus and then cumulonimbus.

Posted

Massive flash flooding around the Black Country. My drive home from Dudley to Halesowen saw many flooded roads and popped drains. Really is the deepest I've ever seen it. At least a foot deep, more in places.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

never kicked off, still no thunder/lightning yet this week, muggier now though as wind switched round to hot SE'ly from NW'ly all day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

I know we have a day or so left of the humid weather but we've enjoyed some dry and sunny weather for the past 2 and a bit weeks, so a pattern change was inevitable. I know most of the country hasn't had it great but the north Midlands has had some great weather.

Posted

Absolutely pelted down in town about 8pm, but barely a drop here 5 miles away. Incredibly there wasn't any thunder in it, how can you have such a storm without it?

Mostly clear now but still muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

14 days without measurable rainfall here now. Yesterday managed just a few spots of light rain even though there were some torrential showers just a few miles to the west and north west.

Posted

I really couldn't believe my luck yesterday, the first cells missed me jusssttttt to the west, where they headed S over Cannock, they then exploded around wolvo, headed east slightly then, started heading off NE, and as they started coming back NE, they jussstttttt missed me to the east. The storms were literally heading for me thought, no let's go south take a sharp right then head back north again.

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Lots of showers broke out around here which wasn`t forecast,but still getting away with it with only some light fizzling showers and just dampened the ground but dried up quick.

Seems like a delay to this breakdown,but it is coming.

brack1.gif Now why that chart has come up,I have no idea lol.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

feels warmer than any evening this week, not meant to drop below 17° tonight

Yes I agree, despite the cloud bubbling over this evening it felt warmer than any night previously despite todays temps being lower. It was 21C at 10pm still. Looks like the first rain could fall here tomorrow, first proper rain in 2 and a half weeks,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A heavy/ very heavy shower with a few muffled rumbles of thunder here over the last 20 minutes.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A warm muggy day so far with temp currently 21c here, A light/moderate shower just but could realy do with more rain as the ground it getting rather dry.

Edit- Yes TM heard that and more just now, Lets hope we get some 'respectfull rain over the next week. Big clap just again over you..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Telford rain/storm sheild in full operation! :wallbash:

Screenshot_20160610-152742.png

Screenshot_20160610-163620.png

Edited by Shane Wheeldon

Posted

Very muggy indeed today and clamy and cloudy 22.3c,whats with all this high level cloud,also thick fog first thing.

Then I heard thunder out to the west/SW early mid-afternoon about 6 or 7 rumbles then stopped.

About 40mins later a torrential shower,then after it eased it turned into a thunderstorm with frequent thunder,then a few CC`s and CG`s one bright to the NE.

A nice breakdown.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Deep grumbling growl of thunder just heard, sounds very angry.

Posted

Moderate sometimes heavy prolonged showers for the last 2 hours here, Temp currently 15c Feels much better/fresher.

Edited by Polar Maritime