Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat - Spring Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Heavy sleet and wet snow here between midday and 1.15 p.m. The temperature fell to 1.9c according to the Davis on the roof mast.

Posted

Small but loud little thunderstorm just now. Some hail too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

That's the 3rd thunderstorm to hit our area this week. Good start to the season! :) Never known a week with so much hail either! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)

Hail shower coming through. Lasted about 10 minutes 

Edited by Snowsie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Costa Del Fal said:

That's the 3rd thunderstorm to hit our area this week. Good start to the season! :) Never known a week with so much hail either! :)

few hail showers but no thunder, did on thursday though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
5 hours ago, STORMGUY said:

more thunder

Storm Guy

Well done and what a marvelous day for your first day of live streaming!

Didn't manage any T&L here but a bit of hail and several lively showers.

MIA

Posted

Can't believe the weekends gonna be lost to cloud and washout showers after blue skies Wed - Friday :nonono:

Short timelapse video I shot on April 30th of impressive 'roll' cloud passing over Bromsgrove followed by bands of hail highlighted by the low sunlight and cumulus clouds billowing high with a hint of a Rainbow at the end. 2-hours condensed into 1m 30 seconds :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

April certainly was an interesting month with everything weather wise.We had sparkling sun,big showers with dramatic skies giving snow,rain,sleet and hail along with a number of frosts.

Out and about i took a few photos last week along with a fax showing the last days of the northerly that persisted for quite a while.

DSC_0238.JPGDSC_0242.JPGDSC_0245.JPGDSC_0246.JPG DSC_0247.JPG fax0s.gif

One good aspect of the Arctic air was the sparkling clarity and visibility.It was good to get out and enjoy the countryside and cloudscapes that the setup brought.                                                                   

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Neil Pugh, Hats off to you..... impressive:hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Have smelled a few bbq's on my travels this evening. A very pleasant day. Even better from here on in. Think we'll be having our first bbq on Saturday too. The good times are finally here! :D

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A lovely warm Spring day here with almost clear skys and little wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

A Lovely day and the best day so far this year.....17.7c :D

Posted

A typical Wednesday, glorious blue skies and sunshine barely a cloud in the sky! now if only that could happen the weekend..big upgrades on the washouts of yesterday but still look like the most likely place to see downpours/storms..which believe it or not i'd rather avoid, much rather have a weekend in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A very pleasant day here in Bewdley today, and unsurprisingly the highest temp of the year, maxing out at 17.4 °C. I can't see that mark lasting for more than one day, though. 20 °C is probably slightly beyond us for tomorrow, but it should happen pretty soon. It's taken its time this year!

Posted

Already fast approaching 16c! Could be on for that 20c today! :D Outstanding conditions out there with just a little wispy high cloud. Very little wind so it already feels as warm as it maxed yesterday. The proper warm spell begins here! Enjoy! Could be pushing 25c on Sunday with enough sun! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Made it! We have 20.1 °C here! :D

Again, not expecting the mark to last long. The question is whether the weekend will be warm and dry throughout or whether there'll be some thundery stuff. I'll be outdoors a lot so would prefer the dry option, but I know others wouldn't!

• Like 1

Posted

Oh joys of working indoors in a factory with no windows :nonono: gorgeous evening after finally got hope though...praying for westerly corrections for this weekend aka the GEM, beyond overdue a nice weekend here, not had one with both days 20c+ and sunshine since July 2014 now.

Posted

Splendid out there even now. Still 13c or so. A night for keeping the windows open! Hello summer! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hey just a quicky guys is there a problem with the met office website? The reason I ask is because got a strange warning alert for snow valid from 2100 to 2200 hours on the 5TH May 2016 they even put amber alert for some parts lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 hours ago, syed2878 said:

Hey just a quicky guys is there a problem with the met office website? The reason I ask is because got a strange warning alert for snow valid from 2100 to 2200 hours on the 5TH May 2016 they even put amber alert for some parts lol.

came up on facebook trending thingy as error by the met office

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Much more high cloud than yesterday but warm nevertheless with a current temp' of 13.5c according to the Davis on the roof mast.

The Met Office seem very cautious about any thundery activity tomorrow and Sunday so I'm hoping the GFS is right.

Posted

Another milestone reached! Max today was 21.3 °C, which is 70.3 °F. :)

As far as tomorrow goes, potentially not looking as dry as I'd hoped. Could be the worst of all worlds, with enough rain to be a pain and sticky air, but nothing interesting storm-wise. Would much, much rather have blue skies and sun for the weekend, but oh well!