Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I can confirm the rain Daniel saw in London as there was a few light showers when I was in London, the afternoon was much better as the high cloud (Probably shower debris from the continent) cleared away leaving sunny spells and some fair weather cloud. Very hazy though.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Vile North Sea clag this morning, hopefully will burn off soon to leave sunny skies as upper air is clear. Should reach 22-23C today with any luck before it all goes pear shaped from tomorrow...

Posted

The Meh is above us but I can see glimmers of sun poking though. Trying to decipher rain risk for later as I will be outdoors all day, not easy.

Does anyone else obsessively look at long term forecast once they book their holiday?  I'm off to coastal Suffolk in 3 weeks and just obsessively looking at long term forecast, even though thinks are subject to change several times...it's daft but I can't stop myself!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Vile North Sea clag this morning, hopefully will burn off soon to leave sunny skies as upper air is clear. Should reach 22-23C today with any luck before it all goes pear shaped from tomorrow...

Similar start here though like the last couple of days the fog/low cloud has cleared very quickly and the sun is out despite being close to the coast in Rayleigh at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Similar start here though like the last couple of days the fog/low cloud has cleared very quickly and the sun is out despite being close to the coast in Rayleigh at the moment.

Still completely overcast here and feeling really cold, so annoying! The area of grot is slowly shrinking on satellite pics so am hopeful for a warm afternoon.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Still completely overcast here and feeling really cold, so annoying! The area of grot is slowly shrinking on satellite pics so am hopeful for a warm afternoon.

Think the best way to describe this morning, is vile.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, LimoPreacherman said:

radar not working for anyone else, and short term forecast, typed in Colchester and stuck on a blank screen. Checked wifi and its all fine, must be either me or the website

Had trouble with some sites including pics on this site yesterday, it was mt provider I'm sure but still don't know exactly what was going on or if it will happen again. Couldn't get a few sites up at all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Got a hazy sky, with cumulus moving in from the north east, and altocumulus moving in from the east.

Posted

There does seem to be good news for bank holiday Monday, the rain which was predicted to come in during tomorrow might be slower to arrive, in fact some models are keeping the whole of our region dry throughout with temperatures into the low twenties across southern England and London, cooler elsewhere with a stiff NE breeze.

nmmuk-0-38-0.png?29-07

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Nothing wrong with today.

Nice breeze but not a cold one, decent temps, nice day in all, much like yesterday, but yesterday had a colder wind.

Be nice if rest of summer ended up like this.

Posted

Also looks like a dry tomorrow, which is what the net where sliding towards.

In fact most of the rain forecast near us, over us over the last couple of days and including tomorrow has vanished

Posted

well now I am in GT Yarmouth, where it has been apparently overcast for days. Oh well NE winds suck here to be honest. Not a lot of hope for tomorrow here at least but hopefully everyone else will enjoy some sunny spells.

• Like 1

Posted

Loads of North Sea grot this morning again across most of the SE with a cold wind. Wales and the West Country look lovely and clear, lucky them. Hopefully this clag will clear much more quickly than yesterday.

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Loads of North Sea grot this morning again across most of the SE with a cold wind. Wales and the West Country look lovely and clear, lucky them. Hopefully this clag will clear much more quickly than yesterday.

What happened to all the rain?:cc_confused:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

It got delayed till tonight, and looking at it, it's not goona rain.. It's gonna pour some very heavy rain incoming from the east tonight and tomorrow morning 

Hopefully today some of this cloud can burn back, but looking at the sat it's pouring in from the near continent and some storms have fired over Germany so more clag from them is spilling in

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

It got delayed till tonight, and looking at it, it's not goona rain.. It's gonna pour some very heavy rain incoming from the east tonight and tomorrow morning 

Hopefully today some of this cloud can burn back, but looking at the sat it's pouring in from the near continent and some storms have fired over Germany so more clag from them is spilling in

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Grey and windy here with flecks of drizzle in the air. 12.9C. Being so near to the North Sea coast, I'm not too hopeful that the cloud will break here today. West of the Region looking more hopeful. But 2 very nice days out of a 3-day Bank Holiday - not too bad at all! :clap:

The ongoing saga with the development and track of the Low Pressure on the near Continent has been fascinating to observe. The timing and westward extent of the rain has been all over the place. What a run-around it's given the models - it's not too often that the high res models are quite so far out at such short range. So a suggested soggy BH Monday has finally (??) turned into a wet commute to work for this Region on Tuesday.

The strength of the N'ly wind will be a feature over the next 24 hours with gusts of 90km/h (55mph) along the East coast, peaking early tomorrow morning just before the rain arrives.

This afternoon 15.00 Arpege Wind Gust 30May 15.00.png Tomorrow morning 05.00 Arpege Wind Gust 31May 05.00.png

Posted
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

No idea, as Surrey says maybe will come tonight? Some storms over S Holland are moving this way...

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Grey and windy here with flecks of drizzle in the air. 12.9C. Being so near to the North Sea coast, I'm not too hopeful that the cloud will break here today. West of the Region looking more hopeful. But 2 very nice days out of a 3-day Bank Holiday - not too bad at all! :clap:

The ongoing saga with the development and track of the Low Pressure on the near Continent has been fascinating to observe. The timing and westward extent of the rain has been all over the place. What a run-around it's given the models - it's not too often that the high res models are quite so far out at such short range. So a suggested soggy BH Monday has finally (??) turned into a wet commute to work for this Region on Tuesday.

The strength of the N'ly wind will be a feature over the next 24 hours with gusts of 90km/h (55mph) along the East coast, peaking early tomorrow morning just before the rain arrives.

This afternoon 15.00 Arpege Wind Gust 30May 15.00.png Tomorrow morning 05.00 Arpege Wind Gust 31May 05.00.png

Would have interesting in the middle of Jan with ingrained cold over Europe. :)

However as we know we always say that and it never does happen. :nonono:

Oh well back to last weeks Express for my mega scorhcer bank holiday and hottest spring ever.

Oh dam its summer tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

No idea, as Surrey says maybe will come tonight? Some storms over S Holland are moving this way...

Probably be a large patch of drizzle by the time they get here, do I water my melons?:unknw:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Probably be a large patch of drizzle by the time they get here, do I water my melons?:unknw:

Ooh you don't want to overwater them in this horrid chill, they'll rot! Are you growing them outside? What variety are you trying this year? I have a cantaloupe type one in the greenhouse and one called Ogen. My neighbour on the allotment reckons there's a type you can grow outdoors now in the UK?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Ooh you don't want to overwater them in this horrid chill, they'll rot! Are you growing them outside? What variety are you trying this year? I have a cantaloupe type one in the greenhouse and one called Ogen. My neighbour on the allotment reckons there's a type you can grow outdoors now in the UK?

I'm growing water melons but the cool nights and morning are not agreeing with them. Netweather gardening thread has some interesting stuff in it btw.

• Like 1