Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Sunny Spells, feeling fairly fresh out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
4 hours ago, tinybill said:

that  wind dam  cold!!!

The wind is going to feel very unpleasant from Mon evening and lasting into Tues evening as a Low Pressure forms in the North Sea and sinks into the Low Countries. East Anglia worst affected; Norfolk and Suffolk coastal areas in particular with gusts up to 47 mph according to the NMM and Arpege models. A difference in timing between the two, with NMM going for the early hours of Tues morning for the worse spell of wind and Arpege going for late Tues pm. There will be quite a windchill for anyone out and about. Arpege saying it will feel like 2C or 3C, but because NMM period of max gusts is in the middle of the night, it's going for a windchill between -3C and -5C. Brrrr!

Arpege Max Gust Arpege Max Gust Tue26April 17.00.png Windchill Arpege Windchill Mon25April 17.00.png

NMM Max Gust   NMM Max Gust Tue26April 01.00.png Windchill NMM Windchill Tue26April 01.00.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well two days into this cold spell and already the first day of infill resulting in a mostly cloudy but dry day. Hopefully there won't be too many of these.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
10 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Just had another shower of soft hail...

If you prefer the hard stuff you have to move to America, like everything else, it's much larger there too:pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
32 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well two days into this cold spell and already the first day of infill resulting in a mostly cloudy but dry day. Hopefully there won't be too many of these.

Yes, after a beautiful couple of hours this morning, the dreaded infill has completely covered the sky once again. So frustrating as the sunshine is getting lovely and warm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, after a beautiful couple of hours this morning, the dreaded infill has completely covered the sky once again. So frustrating as the sunshine is getting lovely and warm now.

No need to worry, I sense a long, hot, windless summer coming up, with hardly any drizzle either:good::ninja:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

No need to worry, I sense a long, hot, windless summer coming up, with hardly any drizzle either:good::ninja:

Funny that, exactly what I'd like...:)

• Like 1

Posted

I'm struggling to think of a polite description that adequately sums up the coming week's weather!

Tues 20160424_195243_resized.jpg Weds 20160424_195309_resized.jpg Thurs 20160424_195341_resized.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

he's quite tasty that weatherman tho:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a day of sun cloud and showers of very soft light hail that gets blown along by the wind once landed here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Didn't feel too bad today out really . To be honest this weather suits no one at the moment perhaps the odd kite flyer. No garden work , no sun bathing but a few marathon runners would have loved it. I hope we have a long warm summer with a few hot spells and a few storms to come. And of course being a coldie a winter to follow that finally actually deliveries . 

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, Dami said:

he's quite tasty that weatherman tho:oops:

Lol.  I like John Hammond too, but not for the same reasons as you! :D I like this quote from him:

"The great thing about the weather is that every day is a brand new day. Now some might say that just brings a brand new chance to get the forecast completely wrong again. But in fact the forecast is always right - it's the weather that sometimes goes wrong."

Been wet here overnight but cloudy, dry and 6.9C at the moment. Hopefully should see some spells of sunshine later, before a cold front coming down the North Sea arrives late pm/early evening to give a spell of rain with maybe a wintry mix. Radar & satellite images show the current position of the front over N England:

Radar Mon25April 08.15.jpgCloud Mon25April 08.20.jpg

Posted

Been cloudy so far today, there's some showers in the cloud, one of which hit here during the school run.

Posted

morning all :D

After wondering what to put bubs in for school ie winter uniform or summer ( as they insist they all wear summer now) I opted for her summer dress, vest and tights. Pleasantly surprised that it felt more humid than freezing, a few degrees higher and it would've been lovely. Looking at a colder tomorrow mind.

Had some rain which thankfully stopped before we headed out, and a few spots while we waited for the school gate to open:closedeyes: but we were lucky enough to miss the heavier rain when it came, just as hubs and myself opened the front door, a school run first!

I know those snowy/sleety symbols will disappear on my forecast and jolly good thing too.

Posted

Gloomy, grey and chilly today. Enough already! More sun please.

• Like 1

Posted

just gotten quite dark and some had some hail:shok:

Posted

I *may* have to walk to bubs rainbows tonight. Bubs thinks it's elsa's magic and can't wait to go out in the hail :vava:

Edited by Dami

Posted

Been getting very light showers here all day, but I swear the last one started with snow. The big convective drop at the beginning were big white flakes, but by the time I got to the door to look properly it was just small rain drops. May be I was just seeing things, although as I didn't expect snow at all that seems unlikely. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another gloomfest here, just a couple of light rain showers. It really does feel cold today.

I promised myself and the Mrs when I am away that I wouldn't come on here but I can't resist you people!

The models are beginning to pick up on a bit of a pattern change to warmer weather in the UK

This "cold spell" and "artic blast" certainly here, has been a fart in a thunderstorm compared to the massive HYPE this forum and media gave it.. Although I am away now Mum has said it wasn't too bad today in the sun!! 

And looking at the models it is getting toned down more and more I even see the low pressure that was meant to bring blizzards and strong winds does not even look that bad.. 

Roll on summer :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Grim here with cold rain :nea: