Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well Well

If this evenings ECM verifies then get your winter coats and sledges out,a very nice run

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Could be some snow knocking about for the region at the weekend, mostly away from the coast I think so not getting excited personally.

Pretty cold westerly!

viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.ae5582c86df2d1dd1viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.a745728f0ca80712viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.18ae8ba3daaa358

sviewimage.pbx.thumb.png.b439be174e90936s2viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.c2dd75b9d943a8

Posted

Pennine tops and Peak District will be the usual suspects for anything wintry on Saturday, I think it will feel quite raw in the wind.  The winds and a squally front could catch a few out during Friday.  Already Met Office amber warnings for the very far north of the region i.e. Cumbria.  Yellow for the rest of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
22 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Zero chance of snow for anyone under 250~300 m in that set up ,way to mobile air !!!

Agreed, no chance. I'm more  interested in thunder and hail possibilities in these setups. Need 850s at -9 or lower here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
5 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Zero chance of snow for anyone under 250~300 m in that set up ,way to mobile air !!!

5 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Agreed, no chance. I'm more  interested in thunder and hail possibilities in these setups. Need 850s at -9 or lower here. 

6 hours ago, Minus 10 said:

Could be some snow knocking about for the region at the weekend, mostly away from the coast I think so not getting excited personally.

Pretty cold westerly!

viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.ae5582c86df2d1dd1viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.a745728f0ca80712viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.18ae8ba3daaa358

sviewimage.pbx.thumb.png.b439be174e90936s2viewimage.pbx.thumb.png.c2dd75b9d943a8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Another vile night on the cards.

hammering it down, roads like rivers and that's before the severe gales set in later.

never mind, at least it's a mild so no chance of snow:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It would have have to be damn rough to stop me going for a pub meal and a couple of pints but

that said though, I'm glad I had something in for my tea tonight.

fine at the moment, must be in between deluges but it is getting a bit breezy now

• Like 1

Posted

Not fine here blowing a gale defo not going anywhere wouldn't want to spoil the mrs hair lol

Posted
29 minutes ago, iand61 said:

It would have have to be damn rough to stop me going for a pub meal and a couple of pints but

that said though, I'm glad I had something in for my tea tonight.

fine at the moment, must be in between deluges but it is getting a bit breezy now

Yes I would usually agree but noooo no way not tonight xX

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a lengthy clearance across the region now looking at the radar so hopefully a dry few hours coming up before the next band arrives.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh how time flies.

it doesn't seem long since I said a few dry hours coming up but now it's raining again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Rain returned after short let up this evening! Got soaked on the dog walk... Going downhill overnight as more rain and very strong winds develop with gales for northern parts of the region at least. 9.3c atm but it'll get colder tomorrow afternoon as the cold front moves through and maybe even some wintry showers into the weekend! But it won't last long... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

If you get some showers on Saturday don't be surprised to see snow falling to low levels, though don't expect to see lying snow away from elevation. will feel very cold in the wind. 

gfs280.thumb.png.270d82446a6efbca10ddce5

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Could be an interesting night, with the potential for quite strong Foehn winds tonight on the lee of high ground... could be some anomalously high overnight temperatures being recorded

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Have to be honest don't have any faith in the GFS PPN Charts,despite them showing a very wintry Day on Saturday with

snow showers becoming prolonged and falling to quite low levels.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Winds defo picking up here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I think on Saturday the whole region will be dry apart from the far north of Cumbria, seen it happen a few times where you'd think because it's a westerly flow there'd be a few showers about but never happens, ireland just kills them all.