Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Weather discussion 16/01/16 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Latest GFS ppn charts (for what they are worth) has the light to moderate snow lasting from now, and the heaviest stuff over our region come 9pm, with the ppn clearing between 3am and 6am.

Posted
1 minute ago, Tim Brawn said:

some people are never happy , how can it be game over when it wasn't forecast until 1500 ,  Irish sea is full of moisture .

I hope your right, but looking at the radar compared to the forecast they dont match, so when it was forecast for is sort of irelivant now

Posted

Snow sticking and falling fairly steadily. Not a breath of wind so flakes coming down vertically. Pretty good cover for 45 mins snow.

IMG_20160116_160041.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, chris78 said:

I hope your right, but looking at the radar compared to the forecast they dont match, so when it was forecast for is sort of irelivant now

Latest GFS has adjusted the extend of the ppn to roughly where it is now, and it still goes for the heaviest stuff over NW come around 9pm, the Irish sea ppn is pepping up as we speak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Sticking here and flakes getting bigger, feeling happy :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
5 minutes ago, *Sub*Zero* said:

Quite a bit further east when compared to the NetWx-SR.

netw6.thumb.png.65ed476208a91700a788cb21rad1.thumb.PNG.a3a38a8ff1efe073936b502a7

We were originally forecast to have none, yet now the Met website has us down to have heavy snow from 7pm i.e. the main bulk. Good for West & South Yorkshire, probably not good for Cheshire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Front becoming more and more fragmented with time hope it peps up! 

rAD2.thumb.PNG.2e343607a9290abd63bf5a238

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Let the front pep up where it's giving snow...where it's rain....LET IT DIE!!!!!!!!! Don't need or want any more rain.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Bit disappointed after a good start. Too low down too warm. Just snizzle/sleet. 

Rivington Pike it is then :)

Edited by Spah1

Posted

I'm quite resigned to the fact that we could miss out, but I'm just confused that if the Met O saw the change of position of the band they didn't shift their graphics east when they updated it at 3pm? Maybe they still think it will swing back west slightly?

Posted

My outside thermometre is registering -0.8 now after some snow, very light now but I expect this to occur in waves of more moderate to heavy snow (particularly later on). A light dusting on all surfaces here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

I'm quite resigned to the fact that we could miss out, but I'm just confused that if the Met O saw the change of position of the band they didn't shift their graphics east when they updated it at 3pm? Maybe they still think it will swing back west slightly?

Tbh the rot started with the 0z models. This lot won't suddenly shift back West unfortunately. The way this is progressing, it won't be long until it turns to rain in most places.

Posted
Just now, CreweCold said:

Tbh the rot started with the 0z models. This lot won't suddenly shift back West unfortunately. The way this is progressing, it won't be long until it turns to rain in most places.

i agree, I don't expect it to but just wondering why they didn't change their area of the warning?  Unless they have other models etc hinting otherwise.  Awaiting the NMM and ARPEGE with interest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Proper snow here again!!

Thick flakes coming down.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

0.5c now, still snowing and managing to keep hold of the sporadic dusting with no melt. 

Posted
27 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

The MetO have literally just updated their Warnings and East Cheshire is still in the middle of it, maybe they expect the precipitation that is coming from Scotland to still hit us?

https://t.co/TmvTfmDfrK

Interesting, most of Liverpool is in this warning, wasn't this morning. Liverpool Airport is 1c cooler than it's been forecast today. Don't know how anyone is saying game over. Fronts always have light scattered ppn ahead of them, the main front isn't even near us and is not expected until after 6pm at the earliest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Snowing here for about 90 minutes but not overly heavy.

its stuck since the begining though and we already have a couple of cm's so looking like a decent event if the snow doesn't fizzle out.

interestingly the temperature has fallen back slightly since it started, now -0.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Well what a complete and utter letdown once again! Rain rain rain

• Like 1