Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter

Just been looking at Earth wind site, and the flow today could bring some precipitation further West, certainly seems to be showing further West on Net Radar. How would that affect Mondays transition?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not only is the depth of frost a lot less than first thought, so is the chance of snow. Grr! If we're not going to get snow, let's keep it dry and frosty please. It's already gone cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
12 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Does seem to be having troubles getting to Far East which is causing a lot of the precip to be further south perhaps. 

image.jpeg

I think we are clutching at straws. Looks on track to be honest. I can't see our region getting anything now from this next Few days. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just cos you've had minus 100 or whatever in Scandi doesn't mean you have to drag the rest of us down with your pessimism, Mully :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, kumquat said:

Just cos you've had minus 100 or whatever in Scandi doesn't mean you have to drag the rest of us down with your pessimism, Mully :rofl:

Not the same as seeing snow in UK.. UK snow prospects drives me crazy. 

I don't see this ending well for us though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.
11 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Not only is the depth of frost a lot less than first thought, so is the chance of snow. Grr! If we're not going to get snow, let's keep it dry and frosty please. It's already gone cloudy.

I know what happened to the cold frosty weekend. Its nowhere near as cold as it was forcasted a couple of days ago. Its not even cold enougth on dartmoor for snow now.

Cant believe how wrong the models have been! I just hope that  they get it wrong again and we tap in to more of the cold air to our east.

Edited by BM4PM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, the last batch of model outputs (overnight and this morning) is very poor for snow prospects for everyone in the region, bar the highest parts of the cotswolds.....the pretty much showing cold rain all the way from tonight and into monday's frontal assault........lets hope the the models and indeed the weather itself look for favourably for our region when we reach T0 and we get the snow that we all DESERVE! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

Is the snow line already further west than anticipated? BBC have rain for Wales today and tonight:

sat8.jpg.b7518c5d1ae24487ac9a2f2e53f7e6f

But according to this, it's snowing in Central Wales:

image.png.210df4e8a6f7b73f3869598823f973

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
Just now, MidnightSnow said:

Is the snow line already further west than anticipated? BBC have rain for Wales today and tonight:

Radar shows it is but It's not. I think the correct term for it is anomalous propagation (Anaprop) 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

It looks like about the right track just slightly different time?

Maybe the ppn will turn more to rain as afternoon progresses.

Posted

Well, all this feature looks like doing here is removing the hard frost that was forecast for tonight at less than a days notice, while it's just dull, damp and average or perhaps a little chilly thereafter. 

At least I took the opportunity to go up to Dartmoor yesterday, up to 3 inches in places such as around Princetown. 

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Well, all this feature looks like doing here is removing the hard frost that was forecast for tonight at less than a days notice, while it's just dull, damp and average or perhaps a little chilly thereafter. 

At least I took the opportunity to go up to Dartmoor yesterday, up to 3 inches in places such as around Princetown. 

Yes might be only snow west country sees this winter, going to take a break now until the 12z rolls out and if that shows a rain fest for us all bar Cotswolds I might just have a break down :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
14 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

It's all gone a bit people crazy up the Moor. Luckily I snuck away from the crowds and had a couple of hours pacing the Moor with the dog

20160116_090759.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just to prove a point about forecasts, it is supposed to be blue skies here, yet it is completely cloudy.

Screenshot_2016-01-16-12-15-29.thumb.png Screenshot_2016-01-16-12-19-34.thumb.png

Only got down to -0.3°C this morning. Very underwhelming!

Current observation:

Temp: 5.0°C - Hum: 73% - Dew: 0.8°C - Bar: 1033.75hPa - Wind: Calm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Certainly does appear to be further west than original prognosis, however the band up over Scotland currently is the one that will probably progress through the Midlands  into central south eastern England giving them snow .

image.png

image.png

image.png

Posted
4 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Yes might be only snow west country sees this winter, going to take a break now until the 12z rolls out and if that shows a rain fest for us all bar Cotswolds I might just have a break down :angry:

Yes that could be the case.. Just have to see if the hints of colder weather in February or even March materialise. Fergie's great updates/tweets sound promising for that, though of course it's not a guarantee and would be nice to have something proper in the reliable timeframe, whatever that is.

2 minutes ago, festivalking said:

It's all gone a bit people crazy up the Moor. Luckily I snuck away from the crowds and had a couple of hours pacing the Moor with the dog

20160116_090759.jpg

Looks very nice, lucky I was able to go up yesterday before the Weekend I guess. I suspect the Spotlight report on it yesterday didn't help with the crowds

Posted
39 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Don't quote me but I believe that band of snow over scotland is the evening snow expected to move southeastwards, unrelated to Welsh precip, the 'warmth' and instability of flow is causing Irish Sea to bubble up some showers.

Edited by Earnest Easterly*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Being a Dorset exile this sums things up nicely.FB_IMG_1452948643247.thumb.jpg.9291c87c4

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Liking that last post festivalking!  Sums it up perfectly.

Managed -1.1°C overnight, lovely sunny and crisp start, now clouded over and tomorrow not looking as I had hoped it might.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Looking at the radar our friend Henry the Welsh mountain hoover may be taking some of the life out that lot 

Edited by fromey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
31 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Being a Dorset exile this sums things up nicely.FB_IMG_1452948643247.thumb.jpg.9291c87c4

Yup that's about right fk 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Well, another day with no snow down here. At least I've seen some falling and lying though!

Posted

Think I know where your cold went. The frosty hollows of SC England!!Overnight temperatures got down to -4.7C here. Beautiful(if lethal) crisp frost. Unfortunately it was still dark when I went out so I didn't get pictures. Temperature just about 1C now.