Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
4 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Enjoy, we've not got time to get out anywhere unfortunately. My garden must be a microclimate as there's no snow left but next door there is!

Most frustratingly this should be the first morning since we moved here over 3 years ago with a properly snowy Cley Hill to view and, drum roll, the mist is too thick so cannot see that far!

Hi Andy.

Yes I noticed Cleyhill and Longleat completely shrouded in mist and fog and even with my camera I couldn't pick them up at all.  Bit the bullet and at 7:30 decided to take a drive up there .  Had we gone earlier they probably would've been more snow at 6 AM but we made the most of what we saw out there which was not too bad .  What was astonishing was the rapid thaw time between us arriving and leaving one hour 50 minutes later .  See photos one and four for this .

Despite the lack of deep snow this still did not stop us having a wealth of fun . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
33 minutes ago, dec10snow said:

:shok::shok:

Bloody Italians! lol

Today is the anniversary of the world record fall..

On March 5, 2015, the amount of snow fallen in Italian Capracotta was measured to be 256cm (100.8in), currently the world record for most snow in 24-hour period.

• Like 3

Posted

Here's my video from yesterday: 

Possibly a bit of an over-reaction (especially compared to that video from Italy lol) but that's what you get when unexpectedly heavy snow meets us snow starved Devonians!

• Like 5

Posted
32 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

Here's my video from yesterday: 

Possibly a bit of an over-reaction (especially compared to that video from Italy lol) but that's what you get when unexpectedly heavy snow meets us snow starved Devonians!

Nice video :) 

thank you for reminding me what snow is and the beauty of watching it fall...you think Devonians have it bad try being a Londoner with the god forsaken UHI effect :p 

The only s

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Was that ppn predicted that has just blown up over the past 2 hours over M6 between Birmingham & Manchester and along M62?

Posted

We had a nice frost here but just had a shower of.. rain which melted the frost :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Daniel* said:

thank you for reminding me what snow is and the beauty of watching it fall...you think Devonians have it bad try being a Londoner with the god forsaken UHI effect :p 

The only s

Thanks, and haha I feel your pain, we only saw this settling thanks to hills reaching 250m.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

A hard frost here this morning and bird bath is frozen, not sure I've seen that for some while.
0.9c at 5:15am

2.7c now NW and light winds, 1008 hPa
Blue skies and cotton wool this morning;

2016-03-06 08.30.jpg

Edited by lettice
  • Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Was that ppn predicted that has just blown up over the past 2 hours over M6 between Birmingham & Manchester and along M62?

Not sure if it was. I just clipped us and we now have a very very light dusting of snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Good Morning all, what a stunning day yesterday turn into.

Had a trip through the Forest of Dean

25430687302_54b249264a_b.jpgMM-8 by Richie C, on Flickr

• Like 2

Posted

Anyone seen the met office forcast for tonight and tomorrow. Has the chief forcaster been on the sherry.

Screenshot_2016-03-06-09-41-34.png

Edited by minus 9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
37 minutes ago, minus 9 said:

Anyone seen the met office forcast for tonight and tomorrow. Has the chief forcaster been on the sherry.

Screenshot_2016-03-06-09-41-34.png

Is That for Scotland lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Is That for Scotland lol

However it does say snow on bbc website for hills this evening and overnight? :D

• Like 1

Posted

Not a bad day! It got down to -0.2°C but there was no frost.

Temp: 8.3°C - Hum: 55% - Dew: -0.2°C - Chill: 5°C - Bar: 1008.01hPa - Wind: NNW @ 10mph, gusting to 19mph.

http://www.warehamwx.com/cu/gauges.htm

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

0.7c. At 05:26 lowest.... Now 6.6c.  Wind Chill 5.5c.  Average 3.4c.  Apparent 3.2c. .....:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So I've spent most of Mother's Day arguing with the kids and now one of them has thrown (accidentally) a ball at my weather station, knocking it off the wall and it's now broken :sorry: fabulous.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Can anyone on Dartmoor confirm that there's very light snow falling?

Posted

I wonder how feasible this is?

viewimage.thumb.png.e8b1abc14aa6c84bbb50

I had rather an important outdoor job to do this week, a bit of rain is ok, but a deluge could cause a few problems with the work involved.
I wonder if @fergieweather may be so kind as to shed any light on it?! :)

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I wonder how feasible this is?

viewimage.thumb.png.e8b1abc14aa6c84bbb50

I had rather an important outdoor job to do this week, a bit of rain is ok, but a deluge could cause a few problems with the work involved.
I wonder if @fergieweather may be so kind as to shed any light on it?! :)

The GFS prognosis of 60+mm is considered low probability. However, 15-30mm in the period Tues eve/night to early Weds has good ensemble support. Equally, there's a clear risk of gales or even severe gales on Weds. We expect the rain to become an issue tail-end Tues, rather than earlier in the day.

Further ahead, little faith can be given beyond 20/21st in any model ensembles, given potential for increased blocking from SSW and expected lag response before this is correctly synthesised tropospherically. However, whether this eventually yields colder than average conditions remains in the balance, but is clearly possible. The MJO, meanwhile, will run into weaker territory across cooler waters of E Africa and thus not be of predictive value further ahead this month. So, the SSW outcome looks to be the sole decider for later March-early April, but the threat of any *significant* cold outcome still looks low in UKMO modelling....but with caveat that we can't yet be too clever re how it unfolds (as with any SSW).

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
On 3/5/2016 at 9:10 PM, Daniel* said:

The only s

Don't forget my video!

Posted
1 hour ago, fergieweather said:

The GFS prognosis of 60+mm is considered low probability. However, 15-30mm in the period Tues eve/night to early Weds has good ensemble support. Equally, there's a clear risk of gales or even severe gales on Weds. We expect the rain to become an issue tail-end Tues, rather than earlier in the day.

Further ahead, little faith can be given beyond 20/21st in any model ensembles, given potential for increased blocking from SSW and expected lag response before this is correctly synthesised tropospherically. However, whether this eventually yields colder than average conditions remains in the balance, but is clearly possible. The MJO, meanwhile, will run into weaker territory across cooler waters of E Africa and thus not be of predictive value further ahead this month. So, the SSW outcome looks to be the sole decider for later March-early April, but the threat of any *significant* cold outcome still looks low in UKMO modelling....but with caveat that we can't yet be too clever re how it unfolds (as with any SSW).

It's looking a tad damp then?! It'll give my new rain gauge something to do anyway..  yes3.gif

I appreciate that, Ian. Thank you!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

A lovely frosty morning with currently a light snow shower here.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, currently:

Temp -0.2°C

DP -2.6°C

RH 84%

1006.2 mb Rising Slowly

Wind NNW @ 3.4mph

Conditions: Ground frost and partly cloudy.