Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
1 hour ago, kumquat said:

Has any of that ppn just North of Bristol been snow? Anyone?

Rain/Sleet mix so far current temp 4.4oC DP 1.2oC. Had a few snow/hale showers earlier but humidity has gone up quite a bit now as well as DPs.

Posted
1 hour ago, kumquat said:

Has any of that ppn just North of Bristol been snow? Anyone?

Rain/Sleet mix so far current temp 4.4oC DP 1.2oC. Had a few snow/hale showers earlier but humidity has gone up quite a bit now as well as DPs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Sat in the office looking West (Bristol) its looking very dark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
19 minutes ago, Nights King said:

We have the darkness on our side... :D

Winter 2016.....the season which created droves of Devil worshippers?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Sleet falling in Aztec West, predominantly light rain but the odd flake in there too. Don't think it'll take much for it to be more snow i.e. heavier intensity.

Posted

The radar says it's snowing up around Painswick/Cirencester area - anyone here who can confirm this?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
4 minutes ago, jethro said:

The radar says it's snowing up around Painswick/Cirencester area - anyone here who can confirm this?

Chippenham here and just cloudy and dry. Just about to run for the hills though so hope to see my first real of snow maybe later. :diablo:

Posted
2 minutes ago, jethro said:

There is a bit of snow mixed up in it now here so I recon further up could be snow. I've just texted my mate in Painswick to ask.

Posted
2 minutes ago, bellanite said:

There is a bit of snow mixed up in it now here so I recon further up could be snow. I've just texted my mate in Painswick to ask.

Thank you. Radar says I'm about 10 minutes away from whatever is incoming, it also shows as snowy pink, guess I'll find out soon.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

At home in SG - light rain. Nowt else.

Sleety mix now

Posted

The radar...it lies! The blob has reached here, it's definitely wet, not white :sorry:I knew I should have kept singing la la la, I've only got myself to blame for being sucked in again.  Poo.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I think it will mainly be snow on the plain and rain or sleet for everyone else as opposed to rain on the plain, lol. The intensity and timing of the precipitation are paramount. Those in more central parts might fare best as most of the wintriness is expected to die a death by early morning tomorrow when it reaches the far Southeast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

Two separate batches of actual snow here today, both obviously very marginal. First around lunchtime, started as graupel before turning to big wet snowflakes, shower lasted approximately fifteen minutes. The second one passed through not long ago, heavier in intensity and bigger than earlier, lasting for a similar length of time . Very nice. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Anything good heading this way? All i've seen all day, is fallstreak from dark clouds towards Poole and Bournemouth. I've been busy with my station and website to look at anything!

I'm not sure where the MO have gotten their forecast from, it shows E/ENE winds for here, it's the opposite-  W/WNW

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heavy Wet Snow falling in West Oxford. Ground drenched from Heavy Rain/Sleet/ Snow mix this afternoon! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the radar says snow, the reality is rain...even 150m of elevation is all for nowt.....ho hum

• Like 1

Posted

Very light sleet here currently, will be interesting if we get heavier ppn as temperature drops off.

Posted
1 hour ago, jethro said:

The radar...it lies! The blob has reached here, it's definitely wet, not white :sorry:I knew I should have kept singing la la la, I've only got myself to blame for being sucked in again.  Poo.

I just looked back at the heavy snow shower in Williams video and my Pics, and the radar thinks that was all rain.. lol! :laugh:

Shows its estimates should not really be taken too literally

• Like 1

Posted

Well Im watching the radar and all the moderate ppn is slowly pivoting round either side of my location so im stuck with drizzley sleet. :angry:

Posted
24 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

I just looked back at the heavy snow shower in Williams video and my Pics, and the radar thinks that was all rain.. lol! :laugh:

Shows its estimates should not really be taken too literally

Errors like that, I can handle, the other way round is just rubbing salt into wounds.

Had to go out so missed Fergie's forecast - anyone see it? I've just watched the late ITV one, chap on there said rain/sleet/snow about tonight, most likely falling as snow on hills, particularly Exmoor and Mendips. Hmmmmmm :cc_confused:

• Like 1