Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow on the Scottish Mountains.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Glencoe looking stunning again this morning with fresh snowfall overnight :D

Posted

Same goes for Nevis Range, Lovely Alpine conditions today. About as good as it gets..!

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Love the comment beside that Nevis photo....

Mark Goodwin You sick b**tards, I am stuck in a design office in Glasgow. I am sueing you for compensation and mental cruelty, however I will be prepared to drop my case for a lift pass for me and the missus do we have a deal?

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2

Posted

Just look at the size of them cornices!

• Like 4

Posted

• Like 2

Posted

Back Corries Nevis Range..

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Posted

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Looks like the Snows back just in time for the weekend, With some heavy falls forecast :)

a.jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Summit temp -3.5 °C winds WSW 10 mph and dry. Plenty of snow fell last night with temps falling away rapidly with snow to low levels.

a.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

3-4 inches of fresh fell at Glencoe last night with some drifting on the upper mountain, cleared to showers, now bluebird. Stunning mid April conditions! 

mainbasin-2016.04.09.10.30.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Nevis Range today..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

With respect to the last few posts, sometimes I wish I lived on the opposite coast of Scotland. Sigh.

Then again, it usually rains when I visit Ft.Bill and although I love the area I'm not sure I could live with that day in day out.

• Like 2

Posted

Posted

Very good spring snow conditions look set to stick, with fresh snowfall expected in the days ahead with the freezing level quite low by the weekend around the 500-600 metre mark.

After a very slow start to the season, its not been too bad for winter mountaineering this year, nothing special but some decent conditions at times, most notably late Feb and mid March.

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy Snow showers falling across most parts of the Highlands just now above 200m, Down to carpark level in Glencoe just in time for the weekend again ☺ 

Posted

A truly outstanding video of the Bidean nam Bian massif from a few days ago. Huge amounts of snow present. 

https://vimeo.com/163868179

Posted

Beautiful day in the Cairngorms on Sunday 24th April.......lots of snow up Ben Macdui on the Saturday with blizzard conditions at times, but  unfortunately couldn't see much. Sunday however and we headed up Braeriach in fabulous weather with views down to Aonach Mor and across to Glen Shiel. Even got myself a sun tan!

Lots of snow about and seems that lots more will be falling up there this week.

DSCN4050.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

Belting it down at Loch Morlich earlier and that's around 1050ft. Going to be some cracking snowsports at Glencoe and CairnGorm for the May Day holiday weekend! 

morlich-2016.04.26.18.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Geat conditions there Kiwi.

Posted

• Like 1

Posted

Caingorm is looking rather 'bob-on' this morning! Light winds, Fresh snow, -3c Bluebird..

a.jpeg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1