Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Afternoon all, what a glorious day today, blue skies and white on the trees! Lovely!

temps went from -6.9 this morning to 5 now back down to 0.8 so dropping quickly!

your posts with the charts are interesting, just trying to understand it a bit!

have no motivation, must peel the spuds for the chips and get dinner on! 

Posted

the rollercoaster continues and will do. this in my eyes is no ordinary winter we are in

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Hopefully a winter of two different halves for cold weather, we are1-0 down at half time hopefully we can go out 2nd half and score two goals :)

chicken, leek & bacon in a creamy sauce for dinner, dunno if to do potatoes or pasta yet :-/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
19 minutes ago, Surrey said:

15.6 pound lighter in 2 1/2 weeks, not been easy but not hard.. 

Onto the weather and this is our last night of hard frost to come! (for now)  BOOOOO!! 

We must pray and light all our fires to draw in that easterly! 

Ah, the Incredible Shrinking Man. Keep it up, Luke.:friends:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
51 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Hopefully a winter of two different halves for cold weather, we are1-0 down at half time hopefully we can go out 2nd half and score two goals :)

chicken, leek & bacon in a creamy sauce for dinner, dunno if to do potatoes or pasta yet :-/

I'd do mash potatoes, soak up all the lovely sauce! 

Weather- lovely clear crisp  & cold, playing a netball match outside 830pm start :cold:, bonkers or what!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Another cold night tonight already some frosted cars about, and looks like a fog is trying to form, I wonder if it makes it this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A dull morning with no frost to start, a lovely afternoon when the cloud cleared. There was a frost on my car when I picked it up from the garage in St Neots and that was at half 4.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Dinner sounds great, I'd love potatoes with it! But pasta sounds good too! 

Posted

But if a mix for dinner, not felt great today, just a nasty cough! So chips, chorizo in wine, chipolatas in sticky chilli sauce and onion frittata

Temps down to -2.2 

Posted

It's been very nice to see some sharp frosts over the last couple of days, I'm now expecting mild temps back for the next few days, I am hoping that models will show a easterly blast in the next few days for early feb! I think this will be the best chance for snow here! Have the feeling we will get snow in Feb! Really hope I am not let down and have a 3rd winter with out a snow fall!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Why can't we have a permanent forecaster like fergieweather on the bbc for the London region ( I know he is southwest )   as they show no passion for us as a region it all seems very generic. The hand over tonight to Tomasz was shocking .  Who replaced Peter ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

wow the temp just shot up here from just below 0 to 2.8, didn't expect that, sky still clear.

Posted

Last day of the cold however it'll get milder as the day goes on ahead of heavy rain tomorrow AM.

Then back end of the weekend and early next week double digits look likely to see us through till the start of Feb.....Watch this space!

Posted

Did somebody say wet and windy weather again........ Bugger it I am leaving England for the cold somewhere.

BTW what a beautiful morning with the sunrise and frost shame I couldn't get any pictures as I fear that was it for the cold weather.......:cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Odd night, last night. I took the dog out about 7, and cars were frosting over. At 9, I had really thick fog. I couldn't see the houses  across the road, no more than 50 yards. Then I woke up to find the hardest frost of the winter. 

Posted

You can bet your bottom dollar that by late April will we see this Easterly we hope for in Winter, April through till July you just know it's on the cards frequently.

Just got to read Gibby's latest take on things and it does look like we will be going into Feb before our next chance of any meaningful cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, TheMoonman said:

Odd night, last night. I took the dog out about 7, and cars were frosting over. At 9, I had really thick fog. I couldn't see the houses  across the road, no more than 50 yards. Then I woke up to find the hardest frost of the winter. 

Ditto here in Suffolk Moonman. The fog, coupled with an overnight low of -3.2C, left everything coated. It's clouded over now so grey and cold - just crept above 0C.

There's been much talk about nature getting confused as a result of December pretending to be Spring. Well my hollyhock was completely taken in and stormed ahead. But it's not looking too clever this morning! Methinks it's a goner! :laugh:

Hollyhock.thumb.jpg.572551a684952c358d86

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Ugh, back to the vile grey skies after a beautiful few days of winter sun. Roll on Spring!!

ps. Sun out now with plenty of blue skies, yay. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Edited by stainesbloke