3 minutes ago, Surrey said:

People please calm we are good... We are chill

I'm glad your here!! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
8 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

ITV's Weather forecast (done in conjuction with Met Office) take on tonight:

18.00 20160116_182721_resized.thumb.jpg.5b6b03  22.00 20160116_182729_resized.thumb.jpg.6cfbca  Midnight 20160116_182730_resized.thumb.jpg.3e6804

I'll take this :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
49 minutes ago, RJM said:

Not sure how up to date, or even if I've got the relevance of this right, but the 850 upper wind direction for midnight shows maybe why there appears to be more of a shunt east than was first thought

Screenshot_2016-01-16-17-51-21.png

If that's right it should come all the way over to here . now that would be a surprise, I expect it to be rain here though, sea temps and all that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
2 hours ago, pegg24 said:

I have my fingers crossed always think northamptonshire strange place we can miss out a lot. But we can also get some good dumping s of snow when others dont

true.  we have had some good snow in the past years apart from the last 3 winters so hopefully we might get lucky again this winter?  it seems we either get a good snowfall or miss it altogether unless there is a north easterly or easterly event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

From around 8:30-9:30 pm eyes on the Northamptonshire down around east Oxfordshire. .in regards to front edge pepping..and also crucial alignment for those further eastern counties. .given that the main functional band is set for the region later.....However would like to see the anitial pep up' on leading/mid band edge around times above. .for any purposeful ground accumulation! 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

The panic in here at 6:30pm is quite amusing! 

Both MET & BBC show the main bulk of ppn over us at midnight - nearly 6 hours away! 

If nothing's happening then - Panic away 

I remember the met forecasting heavy snow one Sunday evening when I was a kid (within 12 hours) so I decided not to do my homework. Woke up and it was raining and ended the day with detention. That is why I'm always sceptical lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

pink over me, but nothing falling, can even see the moon, be it though thin cloud :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
5 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

I remember the met forecasting heavy snow one Sunday evening when I was a kid (within 12 hours) so I decided not to do my homework. Woke up and it was raining and ended the day with detention. That is why I'm always sceptical lol 

Oh I'm totally with you. I'm always sceptical when snow is forecast. 

Just feel is still to early in the evening for everyone throwing toys worrying about ppn. Midnight looks good for our area. 5 hours away. 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Ben Lewis said:

Oh I'm totally with you. I'm always sceptical when snow is forecast. 

Just feel is still to early in the evening for everyone throwing toys worrying about ppn. Midnight looks good for our area. 5 hours away. 

Fingers crossed you never know. Just a snowflake settling would be something 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
12 minutes ago, fluid dynamic said:

Hey

I have been hibernating but have been lurking in the MOD thread for ages, having nothing useful to say whatsoever... :D

Sounds like me! Have been lurking and learning for 4 years and have only today started posting just in time for you to come out of hibernation! Hope you had a nice sleep? I'm sure you are doing yourself a diservice and have plenty to say, therefore, go for it! Everyone seems very friendly here?! I'm still not confident enough to post on the MOD thread yet, therefore, this thread is a good start to figure out how it all works? ☺

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Stars have disappeared here, which I didn't expect this early. MetO radar still showing heavier precip over me around 2300-0000, but it's a lottery whether it falls as rain or snow or even reaches the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters
20 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

ITV's Weather forecast (done in conjuction with Met Office) take on tonight:

18.00 20160116_182721_resized.thumb.jpg.5b6b03  22.00 20160116_182729_resized.thumb.jpg.6cfbca  Midnight 20160116_182730_resized.thumb.jpg.3e6804

My line graph looking good.

26f71021ff615a43883f74f5d15a2c5e.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Lets see how accurate this is! fingers crossed everyone typical that i have work in SE London at 7am sicky?;-)

Screenshot_2016-01-16-18-55-45.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
3 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Fingers crossed you never know. Just a snowflake settling would be something 

Absolutely, the fact it's freezing outside and we are talking about a possible snowfall later pleases me. Even if it is just a snowflake!

What a difference to the onslaught of the mild wet Atlantic we've endured since the end of October 

• Like 1

Posted

I don't ever get excited down here anymore. Even if snow is forecast here, it usually rains anyway. As you can see from those screenshots of the weather forecast, slither of rain where I am, snow all around. Not getting my hopes up at all. Good luck everyone else. 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Greenland1080 said:

Cooked home made Spanish chicken, herbs spices fresh veg.....Now ready for a jack Daniels an ice!

mmmm making me hungry

• Like 1

Posted

Need an easterly or northeasterly in our region to see proper snowfall. Frontal snow is best but a nice streamer setting up off the English Channel, down the Thames or off the North Sea is good too, preference for which one dependant on your location of course. Like in February 2010! That was awesome.

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, Hammer said:

Earnest here is how I see it. I think Oxford good location.

image.thumb.jpeg.a55cfac00abb4b518c87d02

I think if it makes it east of Peterborough a good indicator of eastern shift. Still don't think it will tbh. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
18 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Love this little anecdote!!! However it can also go the other way too - I remember forecasts say Xcm overnight and the next morning would have loads deeper!!x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All extreme weather especially ice and snow.
29 minutes ago, Downpour said:

That's great – thanks. Whereabouts in Chingford are you? Ideally I'd find a station within the Forest itself. It is bizarre that there doesn't seem to be one! 

North Chingford. And yourself?

I'm attempting to load the NetAtMo WeatherMap but ironically the weather might be having an effect on load speed. I do know that there is a NetAtMo owner in The Avenue, Highams Park where Epping Forest is just over the road, but thats as close as I have been able to find. The Met Police Air Support Unit at the top of Lippitts Hill must have a weather station but that's due to close soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
21 minutes ago, tight isobar said:

From around 8:30-9:30 pm eyes on the Northamptonshire down around east Oxfordshire. .in regards to front edge pepping..and also crucial alignment for those further eastern counties. .given that the main functional band is set for the region later.....However would like to see the anitial pep up' on leading/mid band edge around times above. .for any purposeful ground accumulation! 

I will keep you informed I am in northamptonshire also gone on midlands forum as well due to our location. People  said it's now snowing heavy in Derbyshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Wwith such marginality' which sadly is the usual (uk

Precipitation is at times massively under or indeed over modeled...