Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
23 minutes ago, Frosty. said:

Yeah I was really looking forward to winter but it's now late Jan and I'm still waiting for it to start! Nobody can say to me that lame excuse for a cold spell has made any difference to my view that this winter is an absolute bloody joke and the outlook is mild again...as you say, roll on spring!!:D

Dry cold is most often the type of cold we get in the UK, it was unfortunate no snow reached where I am, but we had some nice frosts instead. It is also a shame that some of the warm fronts that came through during this spell only produced sleet or cold rain for some, but that is nearly always the way when you get a warm front mixing with the cold air, and the uppers are not all that chilly. It just one of those things I guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
13 hours ago, 78/79 said:

I must admit I've enjoyed the past couple of days , a good sharp frost,and bright sunny days, makes you feel better in yourself.

How anyone can say that they prefer Atlantic driven mild crap is totally beyond me. It's about as much use to anyone as a marzipan crowbar

All I can say is good job we've had this chilly frosty period, if we didn't have this spell of the last week the winter would have been a total write off. Some way still to go and I know this obvious but another 10 days of January still to roll, saying that have to say the signs are not good.

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

what another dismal and disappointing winter.  I really thought this winter might be different but it has been even worse than I could have imagined.  Can't wait to get rid of it now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

We had around 5 frosty mornings...more than last year, but it appears that according to most weather forums winter is now over?....funny I don't see any sun outside and the beach certainly isn't busy where I am....

• Like 2

Posted

Posted 16 hours ago · Report post

Coming up for one week of  one inch frozen snow cover tomorrow plus two ice days and ground frozen to about four inches in places so at least we feel we have had some winter. Currently 0c

2 people like this

Edit

Options  

South Side Of Moray Firth North East Scotland

Posted above in the Scottish thread we live in a part of the world where the weather can change dramatically on an almost hour by hour basis so what is shown on the models today can look very different in twenty four hours. Seen some very cold frosty  Februarys   over the last five decades or so and I know I am fortunate to live so far north but March can be a true  winter month up here .

• Like 1

Posted

Im thinking of going back into hibernation. One of the reasons I was late posting this year is because of the dreadful synoptics we have been experiencing.

I know some are still hopeful  for Feb with regards to the strat and teleconnections. However as I said many days ago these promising signs mean sod all if this isn't apparent in the model output. Also these predictions always seem to be delayed!!

Sometimes you just look at the weather pattens and think to yourself this isn't going to be our year and this seems to be the case this winter. I could be wrong and Feb does finally see winter will arrive, However I will not be getting excited whatever I read in the strat thread or any forecast based on teleconnections. Stick with the model output is my advice because a supercomputer will always have an advantage to the human brain!

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, ChrisWSM said:

We had around 5 frosty mornings...more than last year, but it appears that according to most weather forums winter is now over?....funny I don't see any sun outside and the beach certainly isn't busy where I am....

That's the trouble with Autumn in afraid. . . . 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The OFI (October Fog Index) has been accurate as ever so far. Had one pathetic excuse for fog in October only and that translated into one pathetic snow fall last week, which just about covered cars. So that is that this winter with snow IMBY.:angry::reindeer-emoji::drunk-emoji::cray:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Winter here so far:

Frost: About 2!

Ice days: None

Hail/Sleet: 1

Snow: A BIG FAT ZERO!!

Wind and Rain: A stupid amount!!!

Winter 2015/2016: Is it???

• Like 3

Posted
45 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Im thinking of going back into hibernation. One of the reasons I was late posting this year is because of the dreadful synoptics we have been experiencing.

I know some are still hopeful  for Feb with regards to the strat and teleconnections. However as I said many days ago these promising signs mean sod all if this isn't apparent in the model output. Also these predictions always seem to be delayed!!

Sometimes you just look at the weather pattens and think to yourself this isn't going to be our year and this seems to be the case this winter. I could be wrong and Feb does finally see winter will arrive, However I will not be getting excited whatever I read in the strat thread or any forecast based on teleconnections. Stick with the model output is my advice because a supercomputer will always have an advantage to the human brain!

Well I hope your with us again nxt year teits,albeit late Oct onwards lol.

I'm just waiting for the sun to die a death in a few more years and NAO to flip ;)

Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Have had snow in march before and alot of it. there is hope!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
2 hours ago, ChrisWSM said:

omg 5 frosty mornings... and in the northern hemisphere too....who would have thought such things were possible.lol

• Like 3

Posted

Quite an exceptional Autumn this.

I've never known one that's had 3 Christmases in it before.

I seem to have gained a few birthdays this season too.

I wonder if we can sneak another Easter into it?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

February 1978 delivered a good blizzard down here around about the 16th if I remember correctly. I may be wrong , but I don't recall Dec 77 or  January being that cold, so stranger things have happened.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

No light at the end of the tunnel for lowland cold and snow lovers on the 12z.:nonono:

GFS & GEM @ T240.

gfsnh-0-240.png

gem-0-240.png

Posted
2 hours ago, knocker said:

Now if it's cold you want may I suggest a little trip to Moscow

gfs_t2min_c_moscow_65.thumb.png.6aae6f56

Did you waterdown your red crayon with water for that one? 

I believe you chaps in the South West are tighter than us Jocks. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Very envious...:angry:

North America & Canada going into the freezer too!

gfsna-1-150.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
1 hour ago, 78/79 said:

February 1978 delivered a good blizzard down here around about the 16th if I remember correctly. I may be wrong , but I don't recall Dec 77 or  January being that cold, so stranger things have happened.

we had a chilly week mid feb 78, no snow, no ice days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

For all those of you despairing of this winter, especially those who think it's too late now, winter's almost over, take a look at this site. Scroll through and see just how many cold, snowy Februarys there have been, often huge amounts of snow.

http://www.neforum2.co.uk/ferryhillweather/bonacina.html

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

IMBY moan post klaxon!

I see all the talk on the model thread is of Feb being dominated by NW winds. That wind direction is an utter waste of time over in this corner of the country, might as well have Southerlies for all the snow chances a NW wind brings here! Only a E or NE flow is any good, otherwise it might as well not bother :wallbash:

Coming out of whine mode, I hope that those who do benefit from PM / NW air get some decent snowfall :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

i shall forget about uk weather for a bit, time to get jealous, and watch this winter storm unfold in the USA

Blizzard to unload immobilizing snow from DC to Philadelphia, NYC

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-storm-travel-disruptions-aim-for-nyc-dc-boston-philadelphia-friday-saturday/54870622

Can we get them to shovel some snow over to us, we should be able to enjoy it for an hour before the 13c temps melt it !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
11 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

i shall forget about uk weather for a bit, time to get jealous, and watch this winter storm unfold in the USA

Blizzard to unload immobilizing snow from DC to Philadelphia, NYC

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/snow-storm-travel-disruptions-aim-for-nyc-dc-boston-philadelphia-friday-saturday/54870622

Can we get them to shovel some snow over to us, we should be able to enjoy it for an hour before the 13c temps melt it !!

Crazy, really. Wasn't it something like 23C around Christmas in Washington DC?