Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
31 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Looks like a decent streamer coming in. 

Anyone in the firing line could get a decent period of snow  (away from coasts)

Away from the coast the key line MS. Only sleet here all night and this morning.

Posted

Just had a extremely heavy snow shower here in Antrim. Almost white out for a time. Gave a covering again, even on roads that are clear and wet.  Would love a few of those showers again

Posted

I've trawled through all the high Res charts I can find, and it looks bone dry for us snow starved east coasters. While I'm enjoying the cold while its here, the Dublin snow shield that the mildies installed in 2011 has been very effective!!! F3ck3rs! Pressure and general conditions will be not right tomorrow for any precip here and Sunday's event looks to be a cold rain event. Maybe a window of opportunity to get my fix on Sunday morning in the Wicklow mountains, but I haven't heard any good reports from up there either!

Edited by Rocheydub
  • Like 1

Posted

Aaaaaghhh! Go away rain. Don't wash all my snow away! Good while it lasted. Wonder when we will see next snow. But proper heavy prolonged stuff!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A toasty 5.2C here now! Blue skies and snow only remaining in the shade.

Going to pick up a cheap drone with a 720p camera I ordered a few weeks ago. Might take it up the Galtees later today or tomorrow if I have a good handle of the controls.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Going to pick up a cheap drone with a 720p camera I ordered a few weeks ago. Might take it up the Galtees later today or tomorrow if I have a good handle of the controls.

Cool. Love me gadgets! Slightly off topic, but would love one of those... May I ask how much it was?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Only rain here today acording to the wife the little slow there was was gone in no time. 

Only a dusting of snow during the morning, it thawed and the rain came to make sure it's gone. Let's hope the MetOffice make a mistake (not uncommon) about the possible weather front that will certainly give snow for Scotland but will it give snow for us ?

Posted
51 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

Cool. Love me gadgets! Slightly off topic, but would love one of those... May I ask how much it was?

It cost €50 including delivery from Singapore. Took 2 weeks to arrive, but then I got caught in customs and I had to pay an extra €19. You can get it in Ireland with next day delivery for about €100. It's called the Syma X5C-1. For a HD camera and a very good flyer it's an amazingly cheap drone. My plan is to get good at flying with this, then upgrade to something costing €1-2,000 later in the year.

Below is the drone, hand for scale!

g2xxuZo.jpg

Edited by BornFromTheVoid
  • Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Soo jealous, I want one a real gadget geek me, anyway looking at a rapid cool down this evening and early frost

Posted

It will be a frustrating week next week as we get mild temperatures whilst parts of Britain get frontal snowfall. 

Another 200 miles further West would have been great.

• Like 3

Posted

First test flight, fun, but not a success. I got into going around the garden a bit, but was much quicker and more responsive than I thought. I took it up to about 40ft, then the wind began to carry it away and I lost control, so just landed it. After 10 minutes of searching I found it about 100m away in the garden of a local community center.

Must find a more open spot away from the estate for the next test flight!

• Like 2

Posted

A nice clean break would be better for us instead of what looks to be a messy breakdown over a series of days which we will be on the wrong side off from Saturday on-wards,  i just want to reset so we can look for are next cold spell not unless the models can pull a rabbit out of the hat so to speak soon.:)

Posted

Freezing hard in Antrim. Still snow left, what has melted is rock solid now. Some roads really bad here.  Hope there is 200 mile shift west and we get a good load of snow on Monday.

This is a road that's still flooded from Dec. Completely frozen this afternoon

Snapchat-7910296941585448870.thumb.jpg.a

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

My wife got me a drone for a wedding present in April (around the same price range). I can't recommend strongly enough to not fly it in windy conditions. Takes a good while to get hang of it and I managed to lose mine at the Gortin lakes above Omagh in the Sperrins in July just when I thought I got the hang of it. Below is a shot I got of my adopted home village of Loughmacrory. You can see the local GAA pitch in the background alongside the chapel we got married in.

Screenshot_2016-01-15-18-19-07.png

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

My wife got me a drone for a wedding present in April (around the same price range). I can't recommend strongly enough to not fly it in windy conditions. Takes a good while to get hang of it and I managed to lose mine at the Gortin lakes above Omagh in the Sperrins in July just when I thought I got the hang of it. Below is a shot I got of my adopted home village of Loughmacrory. You can see the local GAA pitch in the background alongside the chapel we got married in.

Screenshot_2016-01-15-18-19-07.png

Nice one! Seems like tomorrow could be the last calm day for a while, so hopefully I can get in a bit of practice then. Flown it around inside a bit just getting the hang of the controls. Not sure if I'll risk taking it up the Galtees tomorrow though!

Posted

Honestly i don,t know what the hell is going on with the Models ECM have us in the coldish uppers to Wednesday now with chances of breakdown snow anything can happen in these situations we will learn so much from this atmospheric period or will we.:wallbash:

Flip a coin weather it is.