Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

We did have a layer of hail earlier but all melted. sleet and hail falling now.  The hills will be doing well and also inland areas. 

Screenshot_2016-01-14-23-19-10.png

Edited by ronan

Posted
8 hours ago, booferking said:

Met ie weather below for tomorrow and fax chart showing what could be a nice spell of snow if the conditions are right so we have two chances tonight and tomorrow.:)

Tomorrow Friday, will be a cold and breezy day with sunny spells and scattered showers. The showers over Ulster will merge to longer spells of rain or sleet and snow later in the day, with some heavy falls at times. Afternoon temperatures of 4 to 6 degrees but feeling colder due to wind chill from blustery northwesterly winds.

fax36s.gif

Funny enough Booferking this has now been removed from met eireann for tomorrow. I have no idea what they were looking at to state that earlier!! Was a crazy comment. Must have been on the Guinness! 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Funny enough Booferking this has now been removed from met eireann for tomorrow. I have no idea what they were looking at to state that earlier!! Was a crazy comment. Must have been on the Guinness! 

Yea seen that earlier, last radar image starting to look good for you big orange blob should make it to you with a nice stream of showers behind.:)

RADAR1.png

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Yea seen that earlier, last radar image starting to look good for you big orange blob should make it to you with a nice stream of showers behind.:)

RADAR1.png

Hope so. That would be ironic because in the last 30 mins Northern Ireland weather have amended there warning and removed most of the east from it!!! Which is what I thought the met warning should look like when first issued! But I live in hope. I really hate NW airflow for here! 

Posted
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

I was going to hit the sack but will wait to see whether the blob hits.

They might just be updating the warnings Neiller. 

Yep give this one last go as well MS then off to bed too. Hopefully end jan we get lucky. Looks like milder Tuesday /weds again for a bit. You can be sure the east coast get stained glass windowing rain ok then!! 

Posted

Blob petering out! Away to bed. Will be astounded if I wake up to anything more than a skiff! Ah well it's the only the weather. Onwards and upwards. Hope everyone else fairs better than the snow shield in the east! 

Posted

1.3c here. Just had a touch of a very light hail shower, Ground dry otherwise. Clouds look very thin.  

Im off to bed.  If I wake in the morning to a white scene it will be a real blessing.... If not I will keep on hoping. 

Night all. Hope you sleep well.

Posted

My my how did it all go wrong streamer running from Derry to Cookstown thought i was in for a treat but it has raised the temperatures heavy snow has turned to sleety rain, above 150m or so will do well i am gutted lol of to bed.:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Ground is wet outside and all I've seen lately is rain not looking good for me tonight.  

Posted

Can't believe I waited up for lamp post nothingness! Argh!

2010 is like a lifetime away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Wee skiff of snow out there this morning I'm hoping for more but the showers are very light and infrequent. 

Posted

Nice covering this morning and still lightly snowing in the breeze.

Not a lot but it will do.

Also,  the models extend the cold spell towards the end of next week but further snow is limited. 

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Nice covering this morning and still lightly snowing in the breeze.

Not a lot but it will do.

Also,  the models extend the cold spell towards the end of next week but further snow is limited. 

The models are performing terribly,  the Rte forecast seemed to have us back to milder Temps and rain last night,  I guess Alex is really messing the whole thing about!!! 

Posted
30 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Ballygawley A5 to Omagh Road is closed due to snow 

Did you get much snow last night pom turned to sleet here at 12am was really strange heavy think snow then the wind picked up out of no where the cover could have been so much better only for that, snowing again now tho.

Edited by booferking
  • Like 1

What a load of old super dupere thrown at us by the MetOffice, like a wise man said, snow to the hills infront of me,  to the farmlands to the left and bugger all right here. All we got was a bit of frozen hail.

ATM We are getting rain

Edited by Guest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Nice wee covering here, although surprised to hear the a5 has been closed.

IMAG2009.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

We had about 2 inches overnight, made the drive into work interesting as it was frozen underneath.

Tonight looks to be very cold, especially if snow cover lasts throughout the day.

P.s. if the showers keep coming today could be getting a top up

Edited by Weegaz
  • Like 2