Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

Well u were right then MS. U got your snow. U get shovel out yet. Does they merit a warning ! Ha ha. What's your take for the east rest of eve? I'm just not convinced one little bit. I think this is classic met office covering their ass again!! What has got me worried is that Northern Ireland weather on Facebook have no warning out and they throw them out willy nilly at any opportunity !! Unless they have issued one in last hr! Very poor effort so far. 

Any luck yet Neiller were you located.

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Any luck yet Neiller were you located.

Had a skiff about 7.30 so was nice to see. Lasted bout 5 mins! Hoping for some good showers in a couple of hrs. Just not sure they can keep their intensity until they reach me though.  I'm up in the castlereagh hills. How u getting on. What's your take on things later?

Posted
7 minutes ago, Neiller22 said:

Had a skiff about 7.30 so was nice to see. Lasted bout 5 mins! Hoping for some good showers in a couple of hrs. Just not sure they can keep their intensity until they reach me though.  I'm up in the castlereagh hills. How u getting on. What's your take on things later?

Good to hear you got some yea the showers are starting to feed in a bit better now,  On the ppn charts the precipitation peeps up in the east later but you just never know in these events but hopefully we all get are fill.

Posted

Looking at the radar, there will be little or no precipitation getting this far tonight. Disappointing. It's freezing out now on the roads, and no gritting being done. Madness. I saw snow/sleet rain mix about 6 today. Looked nice, but none stuck so the wet roads and freezing temps will cause havoc later!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Radar looks good for next while anyway!

Screenshot_2016-01-14-21-24-55.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Just looked outside it's the lightest of light skiffs out the barely even white but it's a start. My colleague is sitting beside the window I'm not pleased lol.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Neiller22 said:

I just moved from castlereagh hills (I remember I was a few streets from you back a few years ago when I first joined here)

living in Mallusk now and there's a light dusting of snow on the grounds. Very icy   

Hoping for some more tonight. It started snowing very lightly there about 10 mins ago when I was arriving home. Will see what happens overnight. 

Posted

Showers keep breaking up before they get to us MS. I do hope your right that st some point they reach us but I'm still not convinced one bit. It's always the same for us In a NW flow. ! 

Posted

Aye,  looking similar to last year Neiller. 

The BBC graphics look decent overnight and into the morning. 

I will be disappointed if I wake up to nothing. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Aye,  looking similar to last year Neiller. 

The BBC graphics look decent overnight and into the morning. 

I will be disappointed if I wake up to nothing. 

Yeah this is the third year in a row the east as missed out!  Hopefully things change soon and GP and Tamaras predictions come true. We always do great in a NE/E flow.  So maybe just a couple of weeks to wait. But like you hope I wake up to something! 

Posted
11 minutes ago, snowydog said:

I just moved from castlereagh hills (I remember I was a few streets from you back a few years ago when I first joined here)

living in Mallusk now and there's a light dusting of snow on the grounds. Very icy   

Hoping for some more tonight. It started snowing very lightly there about 10 mins ago when I was arriving home. Will see what happens overnight. 

Aye Castlereagh hills normally do quite well if we could get the showers!!! Hope u get lucky later mate 

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Neiller22 said:

Yeah this is the third year in a row the east as missed out!  Hopefully things change soon and GP and Tamaras predictions come true. We always do great in a NE/E flow.  So maybe just a couple of weeks to wait. But like you hope I wake up to something! 

We haven't had a decent snowfall since March 2013 have we? 

Posted

Nope that's the last time that I can remember but I have a sneaky feeling end Jan/ start feb could be good for us for once!! Any onto the next episode of Game of thrones! 

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Last snow shower was great moderate/Heavy going for 40mins still going nice cover starting to build.:D

Hope we all get are share tonight.

Good man. Sweet f.a here and none heading our way yet.