Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A clear and cold night here,current temp 0.3c.

I wonder could some parts get some low level snow tomorrow,be probably just sleet at best for my location.

Posted

Been reading the strat thread, don't know why I find it so interesting when I don't understand it properly but an SSW event looking more and more likely on the cards, end of January into February still looking very interesting and we still have this cold spell/snap/whatever to get through first.  Oh and BBC news NI weather mentioned potential for covering of snow for Friday morning 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Just had the same, light, shower pass through. This band of ppn will be moving east through the morning, hopefully conditions stay cold enough for it to stay as snow. I have to commute from home to Castlederg, over scraghey to Enniskillen and back today. Could be hairy enough if it stays as snow!

Edited by Sperrin
  • Like 2

Posted

I think I should walk to work this morning, the pushbike is being sneered at by my inner health and safety mind! Very icy looking...

Great overnight ECM UKMO runs too... Long may these last!

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely frost this morning.

Cecilia was much more snow friendly than boring Barra last night.

Graphics showed a wintry mixture today with a more defined area of snow in NE areas on Thursday into Friday.

Whilst mainly dry it will cold until at least this time next week. Central parts of mid Ireland could see some pretty low nighttime minima. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

last night was the coldest ive recorded so far this winter,-1.2c,my 4th air frost of the winter ,5th if including nov.

Currently partly cloudy,1.0c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

ECM and UKMO looking very interesting once more, with the GFS somewhat on it's own.

Coldest night of the winter here too, -1.7C.

Sleet shower early this morning too. With the temp now climbing above 2C, I doubt there will be much chance of snow here until this evening.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Nice frost this morning currently 1.4 degrees and overcast fingers crossed for snow. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

That's a strange one,  is there a front coming in on Saturday that hasn't made it into other forecasts yet??

I cant figure this one out to but then again its the reliable GFS it has been so poor during this blocking process.

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, booferking said:

I cant figure this one out to but then again its the reliable GFS it has been so poor during this blocking process.

Itso gone on the 06z anyway. Lol. 

Posted

I expect the Met Office to issue a yellow warning for snow later today or first thing tomorrow. They do mention in their ice warning that as the air mass gets colder then showers from the North West MAY turn to sleet and snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

3.4C and sleeting here. C'mon, just a bit colder!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
11 minutes ago, Pomeroysnow said:

It's the Meto,  they tend to give one when's it too late or to early and it doesn't happen!!!

Come on, peeps; the current situation is extremely marginal? Imagine what would happen had the MetO issued umpteen red warnings for heavy snowfalls, only for most low-lying locations to experience the usual marginal mixture of rain, sleet or wet snow? Netweather Forum Meltdown?

IMO, ice is the only certainty?

Edited by Ed Stone