Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

ECM looking good so far! Talk of that low to the NW sliding under the high SE. Cound be quite good for us if that comes off. Also current BBC forecast looks decent for us tomorrow evening. I expect lying snow by Thursday.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, ronan said:

ECM looking good so far! Talk of that low to the NW sliding under the high SE. Cound be quite good for us if that comes off. Also current BBC forecast looks decent for us tomorrow evening. I expect lying snow by Thursday.

Missed the BBC forecast did it look good for us.

Posted
4 minutes ago, booferking said:

Missed the BBC forecast did it look good for us.

Didn't go in to much detail but I would say there will be a few surprises. 

Edited by ronan

Posted

Just watched Barra's forecast.. My good god its awful.   Hes rubbish.

• Like 2

Posted

looks good for England and scotland but still poor for us. Just sleety rain but with each little upgrade we could get a miracle of turnarounds! I don't watch newsline weather anymore. It's utterly pathetic. 

Posted

Going by radar, showers turning to sleet and snow so some could get a skiff overnight. Cold night ahead to.

looks like it will remain cold into and over weekend with it maybe getting colder early next week. I think snow will still require now casting

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, ronan said:

You beat me to it Boofer. I did mention it earlier but this could be good for us! Way to early to know but. 

Haha but to be honest it might not reach us either if the trend continues to push it back.:)

• Like 1

Posted

Was training at Mary Peters Track early this evening.  It was like a skating rink with ice, it was cold but didn't expect ice at 6.30pm

Tell me, from this evenings charts it's looking a bit more favourable for us?

Posted

If the trend is to keep pushing it's West that's good, too much to the East we're mild again. Get the cold locked in. Anyway imo completely pointless to even bother wondering where it will stall in six days time. I've often seen amber warnings for locations under such set ups only for them to be dropped and pushed further West the day before. 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

If the trend is to keep pushing it's West that's good, too much to the East we're mild again. Get the cold locked in. Anyway imo completely pointless to even bother wondering where it will stall in six days time. I've often seen amber warnings for locations under such set ups only for them to be dropped and pushed further West the day before. 

Yea i never in a million years thought it would stall on us just saying what the GFS shows on pub run, as i have said all week the UKMO is the model to following not because it shows the coldest charts but because it has been rock solid up to now.:):cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Freezing here too, down to -0.2C. Lots of marginal situations coming up it seems, with minor differences the resulting in cold rain or snow. Better than the last 2 months at least!