Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Dear oh dear,  when will we ever pay attention to what our more knowledgeable posters are saying, we have been told that there will be swings back and forward and that we need to give it a few days before we can be sure, but no I have wasted 10mins of my life reading the model thread debating sorry moaning the lack of 50 ft snow drifts and why we are affected by the gulf stream zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted
Just now, Pomeroysnow said:

Dear oh dear,  when will we ever pay attention to what our more knowledgeable posters are saying, we have been told that there will be swings back and forward and that we need to give it a few days before we can be sure, but no I have wasted 10mins of my life reading the model thread debating sorry moaning the lack of 50 ft snow drifts and why we are affected by the gulf stream zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Haha was pulling my hair out going through the tread.:wallbash::wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

Exactly pom. Utter kids. It's the model thread and all I read is Oh why can't/aren't we as cold as N.America. Anyway back in the real world the latest ECM op was on the milder side of the ensembles so that's good.  

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, -Bomber- said:

Exactly pom. Utter kids. It's the model thread and all I read is Oh why can't/aren't we as cold as N.America. Anyway back in the real world the latest ECM op was on the milder side of the ensembles so that's good.  

Yea and ECM op has been on the mild side for the last couple of days the Arctic high is causing the models chaos will be a day or two before they settle on the outcome hopefully on favour..

• Like 1

Posted

I'd imagine, looking through the ensembles and what i can see of the EPS, this may well be a 3/4 day event. I could be wrong, I hope not. I haven't had any snow here since 2010 and I'm starved of it. If it lasts 4 days, I'll be glad to see most of the north or NW or NE winds, as the uppers could be potent. Alas, we won't know that until closer to the time. Fingers crossed.

My hunch on Mr. Murr is that he had a punt on a Scandi HP cell, and it didn't materialise. He craves the old Scandi HP, and that he was bitterly disappointed. Now Stewart has come up with his theory, that makes a lot of sense to me anyway, and he tried to pluck holes in it. 

As always, time will tell.

• Like 3

Posted
26 minutes ago, Rocheydub said:

I'd imagine, looking through the ensembles and what i can see of the EPS, this may well be a 3/4 day event. I could be wrong, I hope not. I haven't had any snow here since 2010 and I'm starved of it. If it lasts 4 days, I'll be glad to see most of the north or NW or NE winds, as the uppers could be potent. Alas, we won't know that until closer to the time. Fingers crossed.

My hunch on Mr. Murr is that he had a punt on a Scandi HP cell, and it didn't materialise. He craves the old Scandi HP, and that he was bitterly disappointed. Now Stewart has come up with his theory, that makes a lot of sense to me anyway, and he tried to pluck holes in it. 

As always, time will tell.

Yup my thoughts exactly, re S Murr, surprised by his reaction thought his derision spoke volumes which didn't sit right with me. Strange really, anyway moving on is it safe to go back into the model thread... 

• Like 1

Posted

Https://nwf.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/uploads/monthly_2016_01/a.png.f890cb36451fc541daf88483a044542a.png

Not sure I'm posting this correctly but this looks very good for us!

• Like 1

Posted

God mr murr has had another go at GP tonight! Oooo the venom of a snake comes to mind. Ever since mr murr's bold prediction a couple of days ago that failed he's turned a bit tetchy/combative with all his posts. Quite bizzare really! 

Posted
5 hours ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Have you not learnt by now you only need to read last page....you'll still get general gist I.e. If you need to seek the razor for a bit of wrist slitting or buy in the bulk tesco proscesso.  I'm finding the bickering as entertaining than the models.

so for fun, laying my bets that's there's white stuff in Belfast NI next week.  I say there's a reasonable 50% chance. 

• Like 2

Posted

Actually saddo that I am I decided to read the Model thread, this could be a fun day!!  Anyway reading the meto forecast we are really starting to cool down from tomorrow with showers turning more wintry from tomorrow onwards even sleet to you low landers by the weekend, keep it going keep it going.... 

Screenshot_2016-01-06-06-21-15.png

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted

Snow symbols starting to appear on the automated forecasts. I'm not expecting a white out by any means but next week will see proper Winter arrive.

• Like 1

Posted

Big turn of events this Morning Ukmo sticks to its guns for the last 3 days and the rest seem to be catching up we could even have snow by the weekend going by it, but next week looks really interesting we could see snow for all and ice days to boot.:D

• Like 1

Posted

Yup guys, this weekend and next week should show some snow, depths might not be the talking point but the fact snow is falling should make some happy.

Snow symbols starting to show already on MetO forecast as mountain shadow says.

The GFS charts to the end of the month showing some more opportunities as we progress through the month, it is starting to feel like proper winter weather on the horizon

P.s. When the MOD thread has 7 pages approaching 8 in 11 hrs overnight you know something is brewing :snowman-emoji::cold:

Edited by Weegaz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Big upgrade this morning. Hopefully there's no backlash in the models later today! 

Anyway, how about this for a bit of eye candy!

ecms15.png.4e4fc45966e77cc20e57345f34bde15a.png

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Big upgrade this morning. Hopefully there's no backlash in the models later today! 

Anyway, how about this for a bit of eye candy!

ecms15.png.4e4fc45966e77cc20e57345f34bde15a.png

Seen a lot of these charts would like to see one of them verify,  anyway who wouldn't want 4 inches....