Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Muggy and wet. Not my favourite type of day. I'm obviously very interested in next Saturday's weather over Dublin 3! Looking cool and lots of showers maybe some more organised bands of rain too... Way too far away to say, but not too promising so far!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Nice autmnal feel to the weather today after the return of summer yesterday. Max temp yesterday 21.8c,today 15.5c. Cool weekend ahead with perhaps some frost for some,then a scandi high takes control next week giving above average daytime temps especially away from the east. The Atlantic is fairly quiet ATM hopefully it often will stay that way this coming winter.

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: continental climate

Absolutely stunning morning in West Wicklow,first ground frost of autumn,fog in the valley near Blessington lake

WP_20161002_08_52_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20161002_09_26_22_Pro.jpg

Edited by jules216
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

lovely autumn morning,clear and crisp. overnight low 3.7c,easily the coldest so far of the season.

• Like 1

Posted

I've had a permanent fog in my head since Saturday evening...

Anyway, looking forward to my permanent weather fix season now!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Had a nosey at the model thread for the first time in many months. Looks like some interesting weather ahead. 

Did any of you get the fantastic sunrise earlier this week? I caught a lovely shot of it from my phone. UK weather forecast shared it on their Facebook page and it garnered over 1000 likes, my finest Facebook achievement.

After that dreadful summer here's hoping for a winter with plenty of snow.

You'll miss all that mountain snow, Pomeroy, when you head down the hill. You staying in Tyrone?

• Like 1

Posted

Hello Sperrin I took a photo of that sunrise myself must get it loaded up!! Aye I am staying in Tyrone moving outside Omagh on the Beragh /Sixmilecross Road direction. Going to miss all the potential snow :( I take it BFTV moved to England?  By the way Rochey enjoy your result we will be knocking on your door next year ;)

Posted

Don't know why but it's not letting me add pics at the minute. Is there a file size limit?

Funnily enough I'm taking my wee lad to Cooley castles this afternoon for a bday party on that road. That's a fair drop in height down there. I'mean the opposite in that I'm an omagh man moved to the lough so I got to increase my snow chances with my move!

Posted

Good man Pomeroy, that did the trick!

20161007_151154.png

• Like 2

Posted

And to add fuel to a winter's fire. The ECM seasonal is just out. It's predicting + height anom to the NW and Greenland HP + anoms with - pressure anoms to the SE and SW....

Interesting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hey folks! Hope all is well :D. Getting back into my favourite time of year now. It's been chilly enough up here the past few days, even when the sun has been out. Sunny though and no rain.

Posted

Awoken this morning by a loud rumble of thunder about 5.20am, which got louder for the next hour or so, some good lighting to and heavy rain.

Looking forward to the cold crisp mornings now.

Posted

Hi all its that time of the year again and my prospects for this winter are getting ramped up for lots of northern blocking with a southerly rumning jet coupled with a dysfunctional weakened polar vortex, charts like the one below are pleasing to the eyes so early on.

Along with the updated ecm seasonal model showing lots of northern blocking right through winter which is well explained in a video by gavin p in the winter thoughts & hope thread.

I might be jumping the gun a bit here but it looks alot better than the last few years only time will tell.

ECM1-240.gif

• Like 3