Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Hows things folks. Some great weather recently but all good things come to an end with some wet and windy weather due this week especially Saturday. What's everyones thoughts on media reports about a heat wave on the way towards the end of the month. I see the BBC week ahead is picking up on a big area of high pressure coming in next week. Fingers crossed for a good summer this year.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Today here certainly didnt feel like only a week away from the start of summer. Dull and cloudy with a max temp of just 12.5c,cool for late May. Felt more like Autumn then late spring.

Edited by sundog

Posted

Dreadful couple of days, wet and miserable and not what was forecast. Struggling to lose this low cloud too.

Given the proximity of the high pressure to the North West I was expecting better than this.

Posted

Postcard perfect evening here, warm and sunny. Looking forward to a sunny bank holiday weekend:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Blue skies and over 20C for the 3rd time this year.

Posted

Max of 21.2C yesterdays with mostly blue skies and a few claps of thunder in the evening.

Hopefully we can top 22C today, but 22.7C is required for the highest daily mean of the year.

Posted

Recorded my highest temp of the yr so far today,max of 21.2c,only the 3rd day of this month ive recorded temps in the 20s. 

Posted

22.5C again yesterday, equaling the highest temp and daily mean of the year. A good chance of setting the highest temp of the year. today, but after a min of 7.2C, and record high daily mean looks unlikely.

Posted

Just stunning weather here on the east coast the last few days... Glorious! The sad part about it is that it usually signifies a really crap rest of summer!!!

Sorry I haven't been in touch here much lately, my life just went into overdrive a few months back, but we're coming out the far side now!!! Great to be back!

• Like 1

Posted

23.2C yesterday, warmest temperature of the year so far. Perfectly blue skies again this morning, so another warm day on offer.

To me, this has been perfect summer weather. Warm enough for shorts and t-shirts but not so warm that light physical activity becomes a sweaty mess. The main problem is I'm trying to lose a little weight, but the weather is perfect for a few cold beers in the evening!

Posted

A bit of cloud and a slightly cooler max today, just 21.0C. However, that's enough to make it the warmest daily average of the year at 16.5C.

Looks like another 5-6 days of this before the breakdown arrives at the weekend.

Nice and warm today, forecasted rain hasn't came yet. All I see are faint towering clouds but none came my way yet. Gonna have to water the plants later on in the evening if the rain doesn't come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

I saw multiple flashes in the sky around 30 mins ago on my way home for my break. I don't know what the temp is outside but its 25,5c in the house :( too warm for me!

Just heard some rumbles too... and there is a few rain drops on my window.

Edit - Home from work. The flashes kept happening for quite a while and had been ongoing from earlier in the night according to some customers. We also had since really heavy rain later but it has now dried up. It is cloudy at the moment.

Edited by cue_killar

Posted

Yes Cue, that was a fantastic lightning storm last night. It was so so muggy with a massive headache to boot.

Looks like we will pay for this warm spell with a prolonged and cooler spell kicking in from the weekend for the whole island.

Posted

Very muggy last night, min of 13.0C, which is the highest of the year if it doesn't drop much this evening.

This could well be my last summer in Ireland. I've accepted and PhD studentship position in Northumbria University in Newcastle, so I'll be off there in September. Much better winter snow opportunities out there!

• Like 2

Posted

Njoy btbv! My other half is a Geordie lass and went to that uni. Brilliant city and great people. Good nightlife too I may add and your guaranteed snow there! Been there many a time in the winter. ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Nasty thunderstorm here in Limavady had a quite a lot of rumbles and 3 instant flashes and rumbles which I haven't heard in a long time. Extremely heavy rain roo heaviest I've seen either in a long time or ever in NI. Im getting a series of constant rumbles just there now but the storm is still close but away from me now. 

I was sleeping for nightshift when aloud rumble woke me I had to run down the stairs and let the poor dog in who was soaked and terrified for some reason she decided not to shelter in her kennel. She ended up running circles crying I don't think she likes the thunder much.

• Like 1

Posted

I knew we were going to pay for that fantastic end to May and start of June. The rest of June and first half of July currently looking Westerly driven, so above average rainfall and average temperatures.

Posted

Today was the coolest day ive recorded for a while,a cloudy dull day,cool for mid junemax temp of 14.3c.

Posted

Days getting shorter now! Pleasant enough today, max about 18C and a good deal of sunshine.