Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Recorded my 10th airfrost of the winter last night,last winter i had twice as many. 

Last nights low -2.4c,my lowest so far this winter,which at this stage might be the lowest overall anyway.

Posted

Looks like a cold March ahead

11 minutes ago, fergieweather said:

Effectively all of March in latest EC Monthly is signalled as chilly under northerly-sourced flow, with pronounced +ve MSLP anomalies growing widely to N (esp NW) after mid-month. All in all, it looks like we will see disappointingly depressed temperatures for the start of Spring, with protracted risk of frost. 

• Like 1

Posted

:rofl::rofl::oops:

Hairy Celt

Posted 7 minutes ago (edited) · Report post

15 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Let me guess you do? Wear gloves 

I fkn hate smartarse comments like that.  FYI, yes I wear gloves, and a helmet and boots an the rest, and I'm one of those guys in yellow that keeps your electricity coming.

Edited 3 minutes ago by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Light to moderate rain, turning sleety at times. Temp between 2.5 and 4.3C over the last 12 hours. If it was just a little cooler...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 9:34 PM, Aliaalu said:

A friend of mine is in Tenerife and it's snowing! He would have had better weather back here.... Isn't that saying something.  Was speaking with a Polish gent today and he was telling me how much their winters and summers have changed in recent years too.

Im still keeping the faith that winter will arrive.... The dice will eventually go our way.

Well Tenerife does have the highest peak in Spain, I'd say your friend took a lovely trip up Mount Teide.

5.9c currently in Waterford, just 5mm of rain so far. Probably not even cool enough for the Comeraghs to get a dusting.

Edited by FreezingFog

Posted

So Wednesday and Friday this coming week see chances of some snow. Won't hold me breath but. Going by how quiet it is in here i think most  just want to see the back of this winter.

Posted

Woke up to find it snowing heavy in Donegal. Surprise snow,seems to happen most if not every year. Ground white

Met.ie update for Ulster at 6pm did mention it but no warning-

Tonight

It will be dry this evening and for much of the night with some frost in eastern areas. However cloud will build to bring outbreaks of rain to the west later tonight, falling as sleet or snow at first. Lows of 1 to 3 degrees in freshening southerly winds.

Castlederg 4c at 3am down to 0 at 5am. Temperatures were supposed to increase as the night progressed

Edited by Abyss
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Wasn't even aware there was a chance of snow this morning!

IMAG2107.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

just a wintry mix here atm with sleety rain and wet snow flakes,temp 2.3c

Posted

really surprise snowfall this morn! over an inch here but easing off now. some contrast between yesterday and this morn. had the bbq on yest and now its covered in snow.lol

Posted

Hard to know what to make of this weeks setup. Is it just to marginal to call. Wednesday looks to be the best chance for snow but who knows.

On a separate note I just saw the 9:30 weather on RTE 1....where did they get that new presenter from....bad lookin to say the least. 

Posted

Charts still showing a good pasting for some less than 24 hours out, tonight into tomorrow could give some good accumulations throughout the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

10cm+ forecast for areas over 100m. Interesting to see if it comes to pass. Pity it wasn't mid January so it stood a chance of hanging around for a decent spell.