Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

Is it just me or is the heavier precipitation a bit further further north than anticipated? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

im shocked allready here with the snow. i would say its only been snowing for about 10 minutes and its already lying as i type bigger flakes are now falling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Just started to turn to snow here now 

Posted

Very heavy now and lying with ease

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

This is going to be a disappointment for a lot of people I think. That thick band of precipitation went to the north of here and rapidly reduced in size. The showers out to the west that did look heavy are already showing signs of breaking down before reaching Glasgow. There may have been a shower here between 8 and 10 when I had football training but except for that it's been dry here since about 5 or 6 and looks like staying that way 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
6 hours ago, peborant said:

On a shorter term note, I am looking forward to the 4th morning of the year (not 'the winter'...) with a fresh snow covering. Remember those good days when we managed two in a row? Seeing the Metoffice winter weather stats I can't help but feel that Scotland has most definitely been an independent country in temperature terms during the last three months, it would have been awful to be in the NW of England, let alone the SE! 

So glad to have found a wee corner of the Forth valley where at least we have managed a few snow coverings and frosts despite the relentless zonal pattern!

Well I can vouch for how lacking in snow the SE of the UK has been, especially this year! Virtually nothing for anyone in the South, so some of us (especially the homesick) are resorting to looking at the Scottish forum for positive reports of ACTUAL lying snow, rather than constant downgrades and despondency! :D

Let's hope you all get a good dumping... There are chances that there could be some extensive snow over the coming days, even down South!! (So do us a favour, send a wee bit down this way for us please!).

It's times like this I really wish I was back home... You get all the fun weather!! ;)

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 1

Posted

Just up with one of the kids. Looking like yet another epic FAIL for here at least LOL 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Just woke up....... rushed excitedly to window.....peered out through curtains anticipating snowy wonderland and sneaky "sorry can't get car out" day off work........oh bum, not a spot of the white stuff here :-(

Posted

After this latest no show snow nonsense winter can do one! Go on bugger off! Let's see if Spring can be less off a tease....

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,

A little high cloud around, -0.1c with an overnight low of -0.5c. No snow here, needless to say.

Looks like the forecast for a widespread 2-5cm snowfall has not verified. I wonder what went wrong?

Edit: looking at the radar and updated Met Office warnings it looks as if the system bringing the snow tracked further south than forecast - currently affecting Lancashire and the north of Wales.

Edited by Hawesy

Posted

Hairy Celt has a dusting to sea level the Black Isle is a bit white20160302.thumb.jpg.6d1a999b95a43177215cd

Ben Wyvis Emerging from a shower56d69b8333e46_20160302(2).thumb.jpg.442b

Lots of  fresh snow on all the hills surrounding the Firth a very wintry looking morning currently 0c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
21 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Hairy Celt has a dusting to sea level the Black Isle is a bit white

That's not allowed, it'll upset the mongooses/mongeese. 

Temp of -0.7C here at 8am and it might have got as low as - 4.4C but I can't remember if I reset the weather station so not sure on that. Doesn't look very frosty. Broken cloud with sunny spells currently. 

• Like 1

Posted

#dusting 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Aye, there appears to be quite a lot of disappointment around the regions?      The lowest achieved overnight here was 0.8c.   Currently 1.6c and dry as a stick.

Posted

The snow expected didn't happen at all last night.. I think the reason why is the strong winds died down early rather than continue through the night.. If the strong winds had continued some of us would have got these heavy snow showers..  Argyll and Highlands seen some very heavy showers some with Thunder even at 2am the showers were still hitting them..

Posted

Clouded  over this morning and we have light snow falling just now currently 1.5c.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Snowing lightly here just now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Checking the rain radar I decided to log into my webcam at home to see if it'd had started raining there, and I got a surprise...

56d6f40a8f4bc_snowMar16.thumb.jpg.5dd1f3

Now also snowing in Dyce, but not lying here. Didn't expect it to be anywhere near cold enough for snow today, forecast 4C for Kemnay & Dyce at this point. Not sure of actual temps as feeds for the site I normally use, Weathercast, seems to have gone down around 11am.

Edit: Massive flakes in Dyce now. Welcome to Spring, lol.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted

Yeah as quite a few have posted. Last night's apparent deluge of snaw for the lowlands.....................didn't happen and it's been rain showers today (was a bit of sleet earlier this morning so my sister said but didn't see anything) the mountain's don't even have anything on them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Still snowing heavily in Dyce and it has covered everything now! I was surprised it started snowing instead of raining but looking at my weather station in Westhill, the temperature quickly dropped from 5C at 2 to 0.3C currently. Dew point is -1.6C.