Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Still nae snaw, still cauld but sky now clearing. Temp currently 3.7c. Mild coming back by the end of the week by the looks of things. Yuck!!! Hate, hate , hate mild and claggy/rainy/dreich stuff!

• Like 2

Posted

What a miserable day! I swear I could have put my foot through the TV earlier when the forecaster gleefully announced "getting milder"! No one, absolutely no one, needs more wind and rain. No one! Not a single one!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

I know 101 -Winter is winter not autumn. Most folk I have spoken to thought the calm snowy weather was fantastic. It does my head in when they say double digits with a smile.

However METO are hinting at a Scandi High next week or potential for a reload anyway.

• Like 4

Posted

Dull and cold frost digging in deeper every night currently 0c. Its been a few years since we had a sustained frosty spell in January very seasonal!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sun got out here and therefore feels decent enough out with the light winds and around 3C. Some compensation for missing out in any snow I suppose, not now being stuck under cold drizzle.

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

What a miserable day! I swear I could have put my foot through the TV earlier when the forecaster gleefully announced "getting milder"! No one, absolutely no one, needs more wind and rain. No one! Not a single one!

People in my work saying hope it gets washed away soon or glad we never got any snow! What do people like muck mild wet fests that much? Probably because most people are "inconvenienced" by a little snow as most people haven't a clue how to walk or drive in snow or ice, or "the kids" will be off school, throwing a spanner into the works.

1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Posted

Was a couple of little snow showers last night and was graupel this morning, inevitably leading to rain this afternoon!

It's been drizzly rain all day here, even at 300m+ up the hill when we took the dogs out for a walk. However, we sensibly took time to find some massive snowdrifts off the normal track and spent half an hour jumping about in them. There's something very magic about being thigh deep in snow. The dogs kept jumping in and almost completely disappearing except their tails. The snow drifts made up for the drizzle and the prospect of this cold spell fizzling out before it really came to much. If Carlserg did cold spells they'd be far better than this effort! 

Posted

Thing is if it had just stayed clear with the temps as they are. We would have lost little snow cover before the breakdown on Friday. This freezing rain is just pointless.

• Like 1

Just now, November13 said:

Thing is if it had just stayed clear with the temps as they are. We would have lost little snow cover before the breakdown on Friday. This freezing rain is just pointless.

You're spot on if there's not much snow, having said that the snow up the hill behind me will last a while now as it's soaked and going to freeze up nicely. I started rolling a snowball today and within 30 seconds it was so big and heavy I couldn't move it. Snowcrete in the making :) 

Posted

Heavy rain has turned a bit sleety but I feel it may be too late to turn to snow before it clears away. I've managed to keep a fair bit of snow despite rain off and on all day. Temperature 1.1c/0.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Today has been such a disappointment.   Really wasn't expecting rain of all things!   Would have been nice to have had some more snow and for it to freeze before the milder stuff came in at the weekend.   Caught the 5.30pm BBC24 and that was uninspiring to say the least!   Chilly only it seems,  and it certainly looked to me that there wouldn't be any day time temps below 3c up to the weekend.   Just have to go searching for the next cold (?) spell now then.  1.4c/1.1c/S.

Posted

Well noticed a few  light showers out in the Firth before dusk heading my way.They fell as rain/sleet onto frozen surfaces in the last hour with an air temperature of -0.9c obviously everything is now covered in glazed ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Snowing again just now nice surprise after a couple of inches of wet snow this morning with temperatures below 0c until about lunchtime then a little wintry mix and a max temp of 1.1c currently -0.4c and only going one way now .

I agree about the smug weather presenters saying it's going to be mild it is the met office and bbc  default setting and only at the very last minute (or sometimes not at all) they will mention cold and snow . you won't see the sportscene guys looking as smug when Celtic win the premiership when  they stuck their neck on the line and predicted it.  sorry for the rant I  ficking hate the mild super duperty weather

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
45 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Well noticed a few  light showers out in the Firth before dusk heading my way.They fell as rain/sleet onto frozen surfaces in the last hour with an air temperature of -0.9c obviously everything is now covered in glazed ice.

Didn't get the ppn, just a mostly clear sky and an air temp of around 0C.  The ground is like iron, I took my spade out to prod at next year's potato patch, just to see what it's like.  Needn't have bothered... DING!  Kinda wondering where the cats are 'going' - I spose there'll be unfrozen bits under bushes, not that these two usually bother with much digging... Just a quick 'crap and run' job.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/14212579.Greenock_girls_build_10ft_tall_snowman/?ref=rss

Yawn. Can you imagine what his neighbours are saying...  Jeez, you seen the size of Fraser's prick? No wonder his wife's done a runner!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted

Opened back door can hear the snow evaporating!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hmmm........multiple orgasms AGAIN...... (not me) ...The MOD!.....Meanwhile, back on planet earth,  all my snow's  gone!    

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

After a savage day of rain (ableit not very warm rain)  the snow is only left in patches. It's a shame but if the upper temperatures we're better we could well have been buried by now maybe but it is as it is I guess

• Like 2

Posted

Some agreement that we could be in a continental easterly by this time next week! It will be dry but anything that does falls will be snow. So a pishy ,windy mushy weekend and then back in the fridge hopefully. Probably won't be nailed on until Saturday though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Cold morning here at -6.7'C with clear skies, -2'C with freezing fog at Dalcross but clear over the city itself. Some pretty low temps showing up in the area, noticing that it's -10'C at Loch Glascarnoch but a local weather station at Kinbrace is reading -13'C though not sure how accurate.

Chilly chilly!

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 1