Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Sigh...

...can we just get these stupid weather systems through and get on with some Spring instead please?

Had enough of it to be honest. The whole will it or won't it and every single time over the past month or two it's been a big fat "NO!"

Onwards and upwards out of this muck ridden hole that's called winter. Good riddance to it.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Started raining just north of Derby but there is definitely sleet mixed in as I watch if fall past the street light!!.Could be interesting later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 minutes ago, Gord said:

Sigh...

...can we just get these stupid weather systems through and get on with some Spring instead please?

Had enough of it to be honest. The whole will it or won't it and every single time over the past month or two it's been a big fat "NO!"

Onwards and upwards out of this muck ridden hole that's called winter. Good riddance to it.

yes, back to FI on models now to look for Spring , in model thread and whiners thread, charts been posted, absolutely miles ahead but chance of Spring arriving Sat 12th March, but of course expect this do downgrade to wet crappy windy autumnal stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECM1-216.GIF?03-0gfs-0-216.png?12

deepest FI also on ECM, hinting at decent weather,  GFS on right ,now not a fan of FI charts though, cos they never happen , unless they are showing low pressure, wind and rain

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Posted

The Shropshire Weather Song

Hey ho here she goes, either a little too high or a little too low, the forecast says it's gonna snow, it always rains in Shrewsbury!

Hey ho here she goes, either a little too south or a little too west, hurricane blizzards for all the rest, it always rains in Shrewsbury!

Ring a ring o roses,  Staffordshire's the closest, that's ever seen snow since the wars of the roses. We always are the victim, of every weather system, a foot of snow in Buxton, rain in Shrewsbury, f*** 'em. 

Liberate your sledge and snowplough, the snow is nigh, but in Shrewsbury there's water. As you win, it'll snow in Hollywood love, but here's no good, what does it do this for, now tell me.....

(Apologies to Robbie Williams but he's from Stoke and wouldn't understand...)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy sleet here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
8 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

Heavy sleet here.

Same here, P.M. Temperature is 2.6c and has fallen 1.2c in the last 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Oh would you look at that. What a surprise, main bulk of PPN clearing the Midlands already and it's not even midnight yet. Colder air doesn't arrive till 3-6am. You arrived too early!!:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms
7 hours ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

Well it was 9c about half hour ago, according to a temperature display on the side of a building round here, so I can't imagine snow and especially settling snow showing up round here anytime soon. I know it'll probably drop but it'll have to drop a long way for ideal snow conditions. Looks like yesterday was it for us round here at least. Still if the Peak District gets a pasting i'm hoping to convince my friend to take me up there for a walk over the weekend, preferably Saturday to see it at its freshest and to avoid possible thaw (remember going up there on the Sunday after the snow they had back in November and was greeted by sod all).

Sadly i would agree. Winter has been a bust for our area. Just out of interest, is the temperature display on a building near Barons Court Hotel? (I'm from Brownhills originally, small world considering you're from Walsall Wood, also seen someone from Pelsall on here too.)

Edited by matt_in_dudley
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, andy_leics22 said:

Oh would you look at that. What a surprise, main bulk of PPN clearing the Midlands already and it's not even midnight yet. Colder air doesn't arrive till 3-6am. You arrived too early!!:wallbash:

Always the way. When it's cold enough the precipitation almost always is no where to be seen! 

Still at least many of us saw something yesterday. Really liking the look of some of the early spring charts on offer. Hope they hold. Just cannot beat that truly first proper pleasant/warm spell of the year. :)

Posted
37 minutes ago, matt_in_dudley said:

Sadly i would agree. Winter has been a bust for our area. Just out of interest, is the temperature display on a building near Barons Court Hotel? (I'm from Brownhills originally, small world considering you're from Walsall Wood, also seen someone from Pelsall on here too.)

Yes it's on the opposite side of the road to Barons Court. It used to be Brownhills Glass (despite been in Walsall Wood) but it's some other company now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Anybody else surprised by how mild the temps are? Birmingham currently 5c and dew 5c. Oxford 6c wirh 5c dew. Even Nottingham is 5c with 4c dew.

Not even close to being sleet let alone snow! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

yes, back to FI on models now to look for Spring , in model thread and whiners thread, charts been posted, absolutely miles ahead but chance of Spring arriving Sat 12th March, but of course expect this do downgrade to wet crappy windy autumnal stuff. I don't know if spring will arrive soon this is the mets 16-30day out look.

UK Outlook for Friday 18 Mar 2016 to Friday 1 Apr 2016:

Initially is it likely that more changeable conditions will dominate, with rain and strong winds mixed with periods of bright and generally settled, but occasionally showery weather. There are likely to be some localised outbreaks of sleet or snow, either from bands of rain pushing into colder air, or from showers in colder spells from the northwest. The snow risk will the highest in the northern areas, with a risk of gales in the far northwest. Towards the end of March, a more sustained period of settled weather could become established. Temperatures are expected to be around average, with a low chance of temperatures falling just below average towards the end of the month.

Updated at: 1447 on Thu 3 Mar 2016. Hopefully we will get the settle weather though like they forecasting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Met have me down for a sleet fest tonight and into Saturday. The PPN is meant to pivot later that's our best chance as the cold under cuts it for anything wintery. A few hours ago it showed all rain now it shows all sleet from 17.00 so even now they are still unsure.:wallbash:

Posted
17 hours ago, andy_leics22 said:

Heavy snow atm.... 2-3cm patio grass, roof, cars covered in 4-5cm..... 

Flash has a few inches....http://www.flashbarstores.co.uk

snake pass closed 

pelting it down..... 0c dew -1c.....

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

snake pass closed 

same here will, at last :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
44 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

snake pass closed 

Yes it is looking rather wintry up in the Peaks according to the webcams. A number of roads now closed in and around Buxton.

http://www.buxtonweather.co.uk

Just rain on and off in Derby but never really expected anything so not overly disappointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Light snow in Denby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Clear and very cold in Malvern! Just 1.8oC. No sign of any white stuff, very envious of you further north. :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
10 minutes ago, Barbmac said:

Clear and very cold in Malvern! Just 1.8oC. No sign of any white stuff, very envious of you further north. :cold:

I noticed that this morning car needed a clear. Earlier on in the night rain if we had the rain now sure would be snow I sound like madden but it's true. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Reports of snow in coastal areas in lancs. it seams to be turning readily as it pivots defo more than forecast 

nothing here yet tho :-( 

Edited by klippieboo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

It's seems it will pivot back over us. I suppose that's good news for snow later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

I will be glad when this winter is over. One of the worst in terms of lack of snow. Not 1 day of snow! I would say most of the midlands has seen snow this winter. Just that area called Shropshire keeps missing out! Oh well got summer to look forward to and cloud cover untill 7pm at night yay!!!