Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

I see our good friends in the south east thread are still holding onto hope for snow later tonight.

Good luck to them.

It's been yet another miserable day here in the Black Country. Looking forward to a drier day tomorrow.

Having said that, we have just come off the back of a run of sunny days. Now if we can get a run like that in April/May with temperatures peaking around 21C...that would be alright by me.

Posted

This wouldn't be so bad if there hadn't have been so much promise beforehand. Then again it was always meant to be marginal anyway, so in future if that is what is forecast it would be best to expect nothing as  9 times out of 10 that's all we'll get in these situations. Those in the Peak District can always be more hopeful in these situations but it looks like one of those times even they've been unlucky. It's been a terrible Winter for us snow fans and I suppose I should count myself as one of the lucky ones been as I had a bit of snow in January but it's been little better than Winter 2013/14 and only because of the little bit of short lived lying snow we had last month, whereas 2 years ago we only had a brief shower of falling snow. I'm still holding out some hope for the end of the month and March but not much as come the time anything that shows up beforehand will be downgraded to more cold rain or miss us altogether knowing our luck. Still you've got to keep a bit of optimism haven't you!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzards, Hoarfrost, Frost and Extremes

Just tipping it down with rain here. Had a feeling it would amount to anything :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Evening, in the last 30 minutes my temps have dropped from 4.9c >>> 3.3c...Dp's also dropping Currently at 3.0c.

Not expecting, just hoping :whistling:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
6 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Evening, in the last 30 minutes my temps have dropped from 4.9c >>> 3.3c...Dp's also dropping Currently at 3.0c.

Not expecting, just hoping :whistling:

Dancer give up the ghost it ain't going to happen. By the time the temps drop the front will have gone. We have yet again been on the wrong side of marginal.

Posted

The rain will have cleared before long, unless it's due to get pushed back somewhat? Is that due?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, The Wolf said:

Rain clearing through now. Game over.

for what? surely you didn't expect snow? feel sorry though for high up members, really thought they would see some, they will Sunday night, then Monday looks a wet one for all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Is it just me or did anyone else expect this band to be hanging around longer than it is? According to the models, it shouldn't be clearing the West midlands until between 12am and 3am but it is already clearing away from the West Midlands!! 6 hours early. Pretty much killed any hope of seeing any back edge snow for anywhere in Central England. Cold air won't arrive till the early hours and at this rate it'll be gone by midnight even from Oxfordshire!

Posted
10 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

Dancer give up the ghost it ain't going to happen. By the time the temps drop the front will have gone. We have yet again been on the wrong side of marginal.

Ha Ha,,,,Me give up the ghost, NEVER!!!  anyway "wrong side of marginal"!!! Dp's at 3.0c it was never even marginal.

I did state yesterday evening... that i couldn't see much more than a wet mix at best for us lower level folk.

NEXT!!!!!

102-574UK_mau5.thumb.GIF.c9432b483d5072d

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

I`m slap bang in the middle now, might just hold this packet of straws for another few hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

for what? surely you didn't expect snow? feel sorry though for high up members, really thought they would see some, they will Sunday night, then Monday looks a wet one for all

I think a few so called "experts" raise hopes to an extent where people start believing that it's bound to happen. UKMETO has played it wrong amplifying again:oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'm not quite sure why there's so much despondency. Other than ill-placed ramps by some, this has never looked like being a snow event.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Nick L said:

I'm not quite sure why there's so much despondency. Other than ill-placed ramps by some, this has never looked like being a snow event.

agree there, I was just disappointed that this thing is completely timed for the day, 6am to 6pm, why not the night

but I was a bit mistaken, I expected snow for peak district only

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
38 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Ha Ha,,,,Me give up the ghost, NEVER!!!  anyway "wrong side of marginal"!!! Dp's at 3.0c it was never even marginal.

I did state yesterday evening... that i couldn't see much more than a wet mix at best for us lower level folk.

NEXT!!!!!

Not fooling for it. Got sucked in again this week lol. Shef still gives hope for the East mids gd luck guys

Edited by snowangel32

Posted

A few on here know i love a good ramp but this was never happening,

-8 uppers and lower you can't go wrong...Emmmm this winter...let me think,,,,Nah!

• Like 1

Posted

To be honest would it have been that good if it snowed anyway? After all with at least Sunday looking mild in the southern half of the UK it's not like it would have lasted to long and with the fact we were always bound to get rain at first it would have had to have come down very heavily to have accumulated to any appreciable degree. But I suppose we're the beggars who can't be choosers and I've heard some members were just  hoping to see some falling snowflakes. Not that I'm impartial to seeing some falling snowflakes, but whenever that happens it does feel like a waste of snow (even though ultimately any precipitation serves the same purpose) and at least with it only being of the liquid variety I have avoided the frustration of seeing frozen water droplets instantly melt upon impact.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Heat

East coast will get battered during next week, what that means for us?.... another named storm???

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/cold-air-snow-storm-potential-may-return-to-eastern-us-next-week/55464260

Posted
13 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Agreed Nick but the local Weather forecast just said a bit of sleet and snow here later! 1-2cm possible she said but i ain't buying it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well the MetO now has me down for a flake of sleet at 11pm.

#PatheticallyGratefull

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Met office has northants down in yellow warning for 2 to 5cm can't see it myself got heavy rain till 12 pm lol. Massive change from yesterday forecast between 7pm to 9am thursdsy morning for snow what a joke.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

What a let down again I think it's time I thru in the towel for this bullsuper duper of a winter. not 1 proper snow event here since march 2013. all cold rain here can't waight for spring wich I've no dout will be cold and mizrable.

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Well the MetO now has me down for a flake of sleet at 11pm.

#PatheticallyGratefull

Been a rubbish Winter hasn't it fizzychops. Recurring theme for the last few years now really.

• Like 1