Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
6 minutes ago, chillyblast said:

I feel similar to you except I am comparing Northants to North Yorkshire, I'm Yorkshire born and bred but the job market here is far superior to up there however the weather is not depending on your preference, if you prefer weeks of nice warm weather its great but I don't I miss the small mountain ranges and the harsh weather that comes with it, therefore I follow your pain a little, however after cycling in the Alps in September and one day feeling the warmth of 37c in the "valley" and in the same day climbing up to 1800m and it being 1c with ice rain?? I would love to live in the Alps.

Yorkshire to Northants...? You must be mad. Why anyone would choose to live in the Midlands is beyond me (I was born here, and never put my escape plan into action quick enough!)

Well, it's pootling on with a bit more wet slushy snow, but it's not going to do anything more than that for sure. Back to waiting for another day...

Edited by fizz511

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Surprised after this afternoons soggy start, that we have had several hours of sleet then snow and have about 3cm maybe. Third snowfall this week. Any reports from the Staffs Moorlands?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Snowing here now which is a pleasant surprise as it was pure rain earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
12 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

To add insult to injury I can see the orange hue to the clouds to my East, indicative of snow. Never doing one of those long analysis posts I did last night again. Clearly not rewarded for my efforts! Lol!

Mega disappointment especially as this is displacing the cold air meaning the mild air can win out even easier this coming week. 

Lets hope Feb brings us all some hope and your former name says it all....:) Currently Light snow here, Good Night All.

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Went to the cinema this evening in Walsall to see 'The Revenant' (very good film and there's plenty of snow in that). Was nothing but drizzle when I went in and nothing but drizzle when I came out. However when I started heading back home the precipitation became heavier and turned to snow which was very fitting for the film I just saw. It's created a dusting despite being wet but unfortunately is now quite light which will add nothing. Don't know if it will get heavier again but would love a substantial cover. Hope there's more to come but not getting my hopes up as  haven't had that since March 2013 which feels a long time ago now. But surely we're overdue one. Still we didn't get a decent cover here between December/January 2001/2002 and February 2007 (Maybe January 2004 but even that felt like a bit of a let down for me at the time for some reason even though that would be better than this).

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Awful. Light rain with maybe one or two flakes of snow... To be honest I expected better, and my expectations were low...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Is anyone else surprised at how far East this has ended up? The 06z and 12z model runs showed the band of PPN slap bang over the Centre of England. Instead the main bulk of it is over Cambridge and heading towards East Anglia. How can the models get the positioning of the band so wrong 6-12 hours before?! It's a good 100 miles out for goodness sake.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking in the NW thread it's snowing in places like Runcorn- that's sea level! North, south, east of here all snow, we get rain and drizzle. 

What do we have to do to get just one decent snowfall round here?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, andy_leics22 said:

Is anyone else surprised at how far East this has ended up? The 06z and 12z model runs showed the band of PPN slap bang over the Centre of England. Instead the main bulk of it is over Cambridge and heading towards East Anglia. How can the models get the positioning of the band so wrong 6-12 hours before?! It's a good 100 miles out for goodness sake.

The east always finds a way of managing to join in on interesting events and we lose out at the last minute. Always happens.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
9 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

Looking in the NW thread it's snowing in places like Runcorn- that's sea level! North, south, east of here all snow, we get rain and drizzle. 

What do we have to do to get just one decent snowfall round here?

The northwest quadrant of the Midlands always got the raw deal with snowfall, no idea why. We always looked on in envy at the East Midlands!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

Staffs moorlands

Have been on nights this week, so my sleep pattern is totally up the swany ,fully awake now.

It's been a funny week weather wise but snow has not been lacking, plenty of rain showers coming in through the Cheshire gap  and  quickly turning to snow as it hits the higher ground. Low of -4 Friday night so got to try out my new hat.

Snow finished here at 3,30 but all looking stunning outside.

5cm at my place temp holding at 0 currently.

Will travel down to Stoke this afternoon for the big match looks like it's going to be a cold one so may add something warming to my drink

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

A few showers coming through currently, we have a covering here (3rd of spell).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 minutes ago, Gustywind said:

A few showers coming through currently, we have a covering here (3rd of spell).

yeah cheshire gap, but not keen on 11° for Friday, but not been too bad cold spell now, although still had rain at times since thursday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Morning Folks nice covering of snow to wake up to and it's still snowing litely here in aston. I hope most of you got a covering of snow here in the mids because we may haf to waight a wile for another cold snap.

Posted

Telford, Stafford, Stoke, it's drizzly, damp and not even that cold here. This is an impressive miss-everything even for Shrewsbury. If I live to 100 I'll never fathom the cause of this town missing everything (I'm sure it still will, though I really hope I've found a reason to move by then :D)

Posted

Some light snow falling here, left a little dusting. Slight consolation.