Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
4 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Well Saturday night into Sunday suddenly looks very interesting if Euro 4 is to be believed....

Heavy snow here rapidly giving a covering even on roads. 

Couldnt delete big snow quote

Edited by snowangel32
  • Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, bigsnow said:

The met has gone snow crazy :D

Screenshot_2016-01-15-04-33-04.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-01-15-04-34-05.thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
21 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

The met has gone snow crazy :D

Screenshot_2016-01-15-04-33-04.thumb.pngScreenshot_2016-01-15-04-34-05.thumb.png

Too good to be true I reckon though GFS 00z this morning gets a step closer to the 18z euro 4. :) 

Posted
41 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Too good to be true I reckon though GFS 00z this morning gets a step closer to the 18z euro 4. :) 

I expected to wake up and see it gone but to see it upgraded was something i never expected and forecast to start tomorrow at 20.00 so its now in a very reliable timeframe. If it came true then there would be widespread disruption and over 24 hours of snow. But i know how the models even the euro 4 can switch at an instant so until its falling from the sky i wont belive it. But like you said gfs took a big step towards it surely Alex has to be playing its part here. Truly highly addictive model watching at present. 

Edited by snowangel32

Posted

Disappointingly seems never had anything else overnight in the end though flurries started up again now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Unsurprisingly not one flake here. Hard frost though. Currently 1.2oC, coldest night this winter.

Posted

What a surprise nothing at all, not even an air frost... That was a perfect set up for us, low uppers and Cheshire Gap showers and somehow it failed and gave further east everything instead while we got rain and sleet. If that can't deliver these days, what can?

If it couldn't snow a frost would have been nice at least......

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

smattering of snow! similar to 3 mornings last Jan, clear as a bell now, expect snow to thaw today, not bad effort though for the christmas pudding, mid Jan arctic air, hardly got below 0, rain and sleet thrown in, oo I miss the 90's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nothing here last night... very cold with a hard frost... tomorrow night looking interesting for the Midlands... Fingers crossed for a good snow fall for all of us..

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

smattering of snow! similar to 3 mornings last Jan, clear as a bell now, expect snow to thaw today, not bad effort though for the christmas pudding, mid Jan arctic air, hardly got below 0, rain and sleet thrown in, oo I miss the 90's

Virtually the same altitude and I got sleet and rain.. Such is Shropshire it seems. Though looking at the Wales thread it seems like 200m was about the cut off there too, Staffs/Brum obviously has different rules.

#whenwillitsnowagain :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
6 hours ago, bigsnow said:

No idea whats going on with these quotes.... seems Net Weather is just as confused as the Model Output at the moment....

press control then top left of quote

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Woke up expecting to see a couple of cm of snow. Looks like someone had spilt icing sugar over the paths and car. Really poor showing for Telford/shropshire again!! Apart from the 10 minutes yesterday evening it looks like nothing else fell! Yawn... can't  wait to move from this crappy town! 

Edited by Shane Wheeldon
spelling

Posted
15 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Nothing here last night... very cold with a hard frost... tomorrow night looking interesting for the Midlands... Fingers crossed for a good snow fall for all of us..

Have you got a link to the charts that show that, I can't see any snow getting anywhere near until Monday's annoying 'event' (snow to rain events are rubbish, and should not be allowed! :D)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cold clear night with little wind and a frost forming, Temp -0.7c.

Dp -2.1c

WC -0.8c

Wind N/W Avg 2mph

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, had a good look and it shows the entire region is dry as a bone until Monday, where either all hell breaks loose with snow, or it's just a rain even and the Atlantic breaks through, or it doesn't push in at all and we remain dry and somewhat cold and frosty.   I think I'll go with the last one. 

I think this region is doomed to snowlessness for eternity!  (I'd gladly have anyone quote me on that and throw it back at me 'should' there be a snow event:D)

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Have you got a link to the charts that show that, I can't see any snow getting anywhere near until Monday's annoying 'event' (snow to rain events are rubbish, and should not be allowed! :D)

Cant find link but Nick L was on last night saying Euro 4 had suddenly got heavy snow moving down from Scotland Sat night into Sunday   and this morning the Meto have got Snow for Midlands Sat night into Sunday.... so it will probably all end up in Ireland and Wales....lol  im still not Sold on this break down event the models seem to be so out of sinc at the moment... today a big day in the MOD i feel...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Your on about this . This is midnight sat night the last chart it goes to . It's moving south , but not sure it will reach hear , it's all speculation at the min and given the volatility of the models I wouldn't put my eggs in the basket , especially after last nights epic fail yet again . 

I'm not even gutted anymore I'm just use to it in this country , excactly why me and the Mrs is moving the hell out of this country . Find somewhere with hot summers , snowy winters , it's only this country that fails in the most basic of seasons .

image.gif

• Like 3

Posted
14 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

Your on about this . This is midnight sat night the last chart it goes to . It's moving south , but not sure it will reach hear , it's all speculation at the min and given the volatility of the models I wouldn't put my eggs in the basket , especially after last nights epic fail yet again . 

I'm not even gutted anymore I'm just use to it in this country , excactly why me and the Mrs is moving the hell out of this country . Find somewhere with hot summers , snowy winters , it's only this country that fails in the most basic of seasons .

image.gif

Yes thats the one.... im not putting any eggs in any basket... and as for the move i wish you all the best with that and when you do finally find such a place please pop back and tell us so we can all come and join you... Im so despondent with it all that yesterday i took Mrs Bigsnow to the travel agents and booked 4nights in Lapland for Christmas 2016 fly out 22nd and come home 26th.... so defo a white Christmas for me the wife and the kids....

Edited by bigsnow

Posted

It will get colder at night bbc saying severe frosts which is very surprising.

Got the first covering of snow and a min of -0.5c

More showers heading in.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
15 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

image.gif

There is no such place ICY, stay put this is the best country in the world you will get your snow you have Mr Morgan's word :D:cold:

Posted
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Extreme Weather
  • Location: Home: Oakworth, West Yorkshire, UK (250m ASL) / Work: Bradford, West Yorkshire (110m ASL)
43 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

Here is the link to the Euro4 model if anyone is still after it

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=201312180000&VAR=prty&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly possible bigsnow, A very cold night Saturday with temps dropping to a bone chilling -16c over the spine of the UK.

a.pngb.png

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
27 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

image.gif

Shaun you should of moved to Birmingham!!  Nar we had couple of cms then a slight thaw then a bit more snow and now it's all froze solid

Posted

Good Morning,

No snow whatsoever in Coventry. Very crisp & frosty, with clear skies. In a north westerly air drift, Coventry benefits from the ridge of higher ground to the west, causing an "Evesham effect", any comments on that please.