Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What are your weather likes and dislikes at this time of year?

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

As May /June is my least fav time of year im rather ambivalent about what the weather does at this time of year,once its not a washout. Yes days like today can be very nice but im just not too pushed about what the weather does at this time of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

May/June is my favourite time of year, so I always like to see plenty of sunny warm weather but mixed with some useful rain to keep things looking fresh, preferably in the form of thunderstorms. Yes, those things we used to get plenty of years ago?! Really dislike cold, gloom and wind any time of year but especially at this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

At this time of year, what I hate most is dry, cold, cloudy rubbish (a lazy wind); however, today's damp, cloudy rubbish is not so bad, as the humidity takes the chill out of the wind?? But, having lived in the NW Highlands for twenty-plus years, I may have (certainly have) become acclimatized to cool, damp weather...35C is okay, so long as it's closely followed by the mother of all thunderstorms!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

May/June is my favourite time of year, so I always like to see plenty of sunny warm weather but mixed with some useful rain to keep things looking fresh, preferably in the form of thunderstorms. Yes, those things we used to get plenty of years ago?! Really dislike cold, gloom and wind any time of year but especially at this time.

Rain was very useful today:good:

• Like 2

Posted

This is the best time of year in my book on many fronts. The weather of the past few days being just what I like, warm, but not too warm and uncomfortable, just right for outdoor stuff, humidity levels are bearable and we don't have the heat haze often associated with July and August. Everything fresh and bursting into full growth. I do like a good very warm spell in July, but there is something special about this time of year with the promise of summer just ahead. Late May/early June in the Lake District can't be beaten (when the weather plays ball as it is now..)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Don't like humidity which tends to kick in come June, in London, last summer there were 2 months of pretty relentless high humidity, the temperature at midnight in July was 24.9c with high humidity levels.:bad:

I hate humidity and heat with a passion, so I know how you feel mate.  The problem is that humidity and ridiculous mildness is now lasting all year with even November and December producing countless humid mild wet days with double digit minima!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, Lettucing Gutted said:

I hate humidity and heat with a passion, so I know how you feel mate.  The problem is that humidity and ridiculous mildness is now lasting all year with even November and December producing countless humid mild wet days with double digit minima!

Last December is a good example of this, temperatures at night were often in double figures, it reached 16c on four nights in the run up to Christmas.:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
23 minutes ago, Lettucing Gutted said:

Should be noted though that such readings last December were highly unusual. A number of nights were way milder than one would expect during the day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
2 hours ago, Lettucing Gutted said:

Not a new thing, the record high CET minimum for November was set in 1947 (13.5C).  That year broke records all over the place.

That sort of thing is certainly a dislike though! Disgusting stuff!

At this time of year, I like cool, dry, sunny days best. The beginning of June 2013 was fantastic; sunny, bright and dry, with the CET running below average.

I also enjoy depressions at this time of year. The first day of June last year was amazing, with the wind howling and the clouds rolling over, and a daily CET of just 9.3C!

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 2