Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 1 September 2015 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like a plain old wet afternoon for many IMO. Rain unlikely to reach North west Devon when it was forecast too. So the storm Risk will be further SE. Even had some limited sunny spells here. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

That thing (supercell?) in France is insane, over 600 strikes per minute just a second ago!!

Back at home, this rainband may not even make it to me at this rate - looks like it's starting to pivot!

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Well, it looks like the rain has pretty much grind to a halt over me, just lightly raining here at the moment though I feel heavier rain may just squeeze in from the east shortly. I feel that the south easterners may be once again; unimpressed.

EDIT: I confirm, the rain band has officially stopped moving NW.

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

That thing (supercell?) in France is insane, over 600 strikes per minute just a second ago!!

The cluster of storms (if that's what it is)is a very long chain - about 300km - it's this that's impressive!

Posted

The cluster of storms (if that's what it is)is a very long chain - about 300km - it's this that's impressive!

All of it is impressive! I zoomed in on a much smaller part and that was still giving out strike rates of over 300 per minute... The thing is crazy!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

The heavy rain is so damn close but probably will miss it, though the sky is very impreesive.

Posted

Well, it looks like the rain has pretty much grind to a halt over me, just lightly raining here at the moment though I feel heavier rain may just squeeze in from the east shortly. I feel that the south easterners may be once again; unimpressed.

EDIT: I confirm, the rain band has officially stopped moving NW.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80888-the-no-storms-club-july-2014-onwards/

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I cannot recall any forecasts showing a storm risk outside of the south-eastern third of the UK so not sure why the disappointment from people outside of this area. For those in this area I think the risk is still there, although I would be inclined now to think that the main risk will be to the SE of London, more especially the likes of Kent, East Sussex and possibly Essex. Still the chance of a surprise further north-west but less likely IMO.

I wonder if there will be any thunder in Derby  :D

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

I cannot recall any forecasts showing a storm risk outside of the south-eastern third of the UK so not sure why the disappointment from people outside of this area. For those in this area I think the risk is still there, although I would be inclined now to think that the main risk will be to the SE of London, more especially the likes of Kent, East Sussex and possibly Essex. Still the chance of a surprise further north-west but less likely IMO.

I wonder if there will be any thunder in Derby  :D

Wishful thinking eh!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Pivoting just west of Bournemouth... some areas there may see some massive rainfall totals for the afternoon period. 

There's some kind of miniature squall line developing to the south of it too. In fact The Channel from the IOW west has suddenly decided to start looking interesting again, with rain rates topping 50 mm per hour in a few (small) spots. I suspect the pivot point represents the western extent of the warmer, muggier air with its associated thunderstorm potential. In which case I'm right on the limits. To be honest persistent heavy rain looks to be the bigger issue here.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Weather forecast seems to be spot on to Carol Kirkwoods forecast on Radio 2 this morning for the SE. The expected band of rain formed and moved northwards, and now showery bursts are forming in the warm and moist air in its wake. Will they turn thundery? Quite possibly because they are over N France. Still time for a bang!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A perfect day to describe as MEH!

Awful!

As regards storm risk...I could not even begin to postulate about what may or may not happen. Sky is a perfectly sweeping grey with not even the slightest bobble visible...it's like someone's thrown a purply/grey watercolour mix and brushed it in neatly (how Dan Corbett, lol)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well one for the learning curve this today. Matt Hugo and Paul Hudson have now tweeted saying what a big error its been, the models were off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Well no rain or thunder here. In fact I'm actually quite happy, because these are the skies that I have had for most of this afternoon:

post-21671-0-91255300-1442417261_thumb.j

:)

• Like 1