Sign in to follow this  
A.J

European Storm & Convective Discussion

Decent thunderstorm in Dugi otok,  Croatia right now. ☺

28 minutes ago, karyo said:

Decent thunderstorm in Dugi otok,  Croatia right now. ☺

Pleased for you mate, I managed to catch a couple of flashes on a Bozava web cam on Dugi Otok earlier, not a brilliant cam though. I'll be tracking those storms that have fired up around Istria and appear to be moving south. Good luck for later.

The rain was going right to left a minute ago,now it's going left to right.^

Also.is there something on fire in the distance,that orange glow seems to be growing,now there are two glows when there was one earlier,was there a lightning strike there?

53 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Also.is there something on fire in the distance,that orange glow seems to be growing,now there are two glows when there was one earlier,was there a lightning strike there?

Sorry Allseasons I didn't notice an orange glow.  All firing up over Pag now,  there's a few whatsup cams for here.

Hi guys, after I posted here yesterday, the thunderstorm moved easy southeast into the mainland.  I observed the lightning for a while and went to bed around midnight as it didn't look like there was anything else to west of me.  What a mistake! I woke up just before 3am with the sound of loud thunder and heavy rain.  The rain stopped quickly and I went out to observe. Half the sky was covered by cloud (the southern half) and the rest was clear, I could see the stars clearly.  There was no wind at all and the lightning was very frequent. I could even see the outline of the rain curtain to the south of me. It seems the storm was back building. I stayed up for another hour and then went to bed but there was still lightning on the horizon to the southeast. This morning it is calm and sunny.  Nothing else is expected for the rest of the week here but I am more than happy with what i saw 🙂

@Rush2112, Bozava is on the northern edge of Dugi otok. I am in Zaglav to the southeast of the island.  I really think some more webcams are needed in the Dalmatian islands. They get great storms here.  I come almost every September since 2012 and I can say the area is very reliable for thunderstorms every few days during this time of year.

For the people who missed the storm over Mount Vesuvius.

Great lightning activity on Hvar you tube live cam at the moment, with sound.

Posted (edited)

Spectacular storm over lake Garda now.

1755951414_lakegarda.thumb.png.1612799bbd7361dd2d4efc0520b174f7.png477104811_garda1.thumb.png.78a163428f25be266dfbe5eed01af1eb.png

Edited by Allseasons-si

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 19:51, Zak M said:

For the people who missed the storm over Mount Vesuvius.

Thanks for Posting that Zak M. my Italian Mother was born about 25 Miles North of Vesuvius, in a town called Caserta.

I've seen some real "humdingers" on visits to the area, at this time of Year. Cooler air starts to encroach the Mediterranean Basin, during the transition from the long Mediterranean Summer into Autumn.

When I was around 7, I actually experienced an Earth Tremor whilst visiting my Uncle at Castellammare di Stabia, which is around 15 Miles South of Mt.Vesuvius. My Uncle took myself, Mother and Sister up onto the local Mountain, fearing a Tsunami as Castellammare has a Coastal location.

When we returned back down to Castellammare, a violent t/storm (unrelated I know) broke over the town and turned the local Roads, into Rivers.

Regards,

Tom.    

:hi:

I'm going to Palma next week on Saturday 19th for a week. Certainly wouldn't mind this on the first day 😍

palma.thumb.png.4b8ac03456ddecb8fcafba40f8bbcfda.pngpalma0.thumb.png.b20ac9833d47bdcf4a24e6b78a4cbf9c.pngpalma1.thumb.png.727ed4fa0b65bf22a58ad07ac6495b20.png

Hello Everybody!

My best storm experience was on airplane over Milan, Italy on 07. 08. 2019.  We really enjoyef this view. :))

Thought there would have been a sneaky flash or 2 of lightning out of this drive by shower here in Ayrshire but no such luck. Just a lashing of rain for about 10 minutes 👎

20191012_182319.jpg

Edited by Trouty2u4sure
Typo

We had some great storms yesterday morning here in Creuse, round about 07h30! We decided to camp for what will probably be our last weekend of the season. Excellent choice as after the storms cleared it was nearly 30c yesterday and Friday was similar. Just the very strong winds that are a bit annoying. Looks like more flashes and bangs this afternoon to round things off..