Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Reports: Tuesday 03rd August 2004

PB22

Posted

Storms over Midlands/north now, as well as the storm over the Channel Islands.

Posted

:D :lol: :p8):D:D:p8):D8):p8):D:):p8)

WOW WOW WOW WOW :!: :!: :!: :!:

Awoken at 0400 by thunder and treated to a natural fireworks display for over an hour :D Goodness knows how many strikes :shock: :shock: :shock: Pink and purple sheet lightning and cloud-cloud that beggars belief 8):D I mean 4 streaks right across the sky with one flash as background :shock: :!:

Right overhead at 0415 like a bomb going off :shock: :shock: then main acyivity centred approx 5-10 miles west with a core of lightning and occasional flashes elsewhere 8) . At one point constant rumbling for 15 mins :shock: :p

Torrential rain for 10 mins then light rain for half hour before another development slightly east gave 2 flashes and then heavy rain that is still falling now. Still occasional flashes and rumbles.

Not a breath of wind throughout.

Can so easily be seen on met ofice radar how there is a dry line that I was near before the new development had happened by 0500 but still with a dry line between the storms.

I think the main storm that went overhead then to the west had 2 or 3 cells :!:

Just ventured out and temp is 17c.

THANK YOU :p

So it moved straight north and Paul Sherman - what are the lottery numbers for this week as you predicted right at about 2330 last night :) :?:

Posted

Hi Andy - that storm is now over the Cotwolds. I'm on the edge of it but over past hour we've had some heavy rain and near constant thunder, though no particularly spectacular lightning as yet.

Looks to be moving very slowly NNE so affecting Midland for the rush hour.

Posted

Who needs an alarm clock when there's a thunder storm!

Was woken up at 6am with a storm which lasted around 40 mins, plenty of lightning and some deafening thunder.

Posted

Yes Andy I had a similar morning it started around 3:30 am with some distant rumbles and by 4:30 am the display was overhead moving slowly in land, some great IC and CG and some real deafening thunder.

Posted

Morning...

The rain started here at about 8.20am, lightly at first. Now (8.55am) continuous moderate rain with some heavier pulses here and there. .....and just a couple of mins ago (which made me decide to post) was a long deep rumble of thunder.

Sidebar : Seen 5 flashes of Lightning last night at about 2.20am in Congleton, Cheshire (work) 2 of them fork lightning which was quite entertaining, although i suspect not for the low flying plane which i could see in that general direction. Those showers i believe moved north-east through the rest of the morning.

Posted

Got the edge of the storm here, It started at about 5:40 when I got woke up by thunder and went on for about 30 mins

Posted

First visible lightning at about 7.20am too murky for any real lightning show,more like thundery rain than a good thunderstorm but what the hell it was better than nowt' and the garden is looking better for it :wink:

Posted

hi all back in the seat for another Luton Observation. 8.30 to 9.30 light rain showers 100% cloud cover very humid and no wind what so ever,nature view is a lot of excitment from the bird population mass gatherings on my lawn as the insect population takes a hammering.10.30 100% cloud cover started to rain and gathered pace in a matter of a few mins turned torrental and is still comming down still little wind still ver humid feels good today for a storm, but will the hills keep them away well i dont know. every thing looks right for a storm but who knows well for now ill sign off back later for an update this afternoon. :shock:

Posted
Guys can we keep this to just storm reports. Thanks.

Had a pretty big storm ahere about an hour ago, lots of Cg and really cool microburst type rain 8)

I think we should keep it just to thunderstorm reports. Anything else in storms and extreme weather.

Posted

We have had heavy rain for the last 30mins and now the thunder has started. No Flashes but the rain has certainly harder. The Sky looks a bit darker - will have to wait and see what happens

Posted

Torrential rain started at 1315 and from 1400 there has been thunder to my SE and to my NW with constant rumbling for 20 mins of that time. No lightning visible due to daylight and low cloud.

I have yet to check sferics and radar but this is very exciting AGAIN.

Sorry for my monopolising on the activity again

Hey Lizzie I can hear the same thunder as you-you're about 10 miles away I think.

Posted

Thunder to report from a huge cb developing se of me also another storm going up to the nw of me prob gonna hit london.

Hope they converge over me 8)

Posted

Getting constant cg here in se london this one is nasty and getting very very dark could be day darkness coming in 8)

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

oh me's goodness me's thunder is reacheds! The me is legging its right nows!!! byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

JUST HAD A HUGE STORM, SKY IS ALLWAYS STRIKING!!!!!!

MASSIVE

Posted

Hi all we have a moderate storm hitting Luton at this point in time about 6 stikes a min still a way off at this time but moving towords me just starting to rain lightly the smell of whats to come is in the air lots of sound very deep in voice started 4.00

4.50 after a 10 min lull in activity we have another small storm moving NE awy from us and looking across Luton looks like we have some more to come its still raining although its not heavy still have noise and the odd flash