Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 16/07/15 onwards

Posted

Cheers for the welcome. Unfortunately the only view I have is facing North but its a good one. (Saw elevated storms as far as Reading/Northampton at night last year)

Will try and grab photos/vids if possible  

• Like 1

Posted

Welcome mate, good to see a fellow Sotonian on here. Radar looking quite promising for us atm.  :)

HI! I'm based in Hedge End so more to the eastern side.

Looking at the radar its good news, tends to drift east towards Pompey quite often though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

AcCas now visible over SW London, chase or have a beer, chase or have a beer?

Do both. Or rather, chase if things are promising and sit and watch with an ice cold can of ale. You know you want to. Have no fear - the cops can't knick you for one quick beer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi guys and girls, look sorry if you can help, it's just I have a child with down syndrome and as some of you know I need to be on top of storms as it really affects him.

just a question if anyone can help...am I looking at storms 6 miles west of High Wycombe???

the temp has dramatically dropped over the last hour and the wind is picking up but would appreciate any heads up.

Thank you in advance for any help

Prepare him for the worst of Mother Nature and hope for the best while the rest of us are hoping and praying for the exact opposite. :D  I wish you luck either way, it is truly a game of chance predicting whether your neighbourhood sees a storm or not.  :bomb:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

HI! I'm based in Hedge End so more to the eastern side.

Looking at the radar its good news, tends to drift east towards Pompey quite often though.

Don't it just!

I'm in the city centre and have the benefit of a fourth floor apartment with a south facing view, which is handy in plume events particularly when it gets dark.

Posted

Thanks for your help guys and girls. I will prepare him. I'm logging off now so if anyone else replies I'm not being rude just sorting him out so thank you in advance. Your all great people x stay safe everyone

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Do both. Or rather, chase if things are promising and sit and watch with an ice cold can of ale. You know you want to. Have no fear - the cops can't knick you for one quick beer. 

Better still buy a energy drink as the stormshields need that extra energy boost to blow them away. Is that a Monster coming over the hill or is it just Relentess rain bearing stratus, no more Red Bull from me until my next post.  :nonono:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes a BIG welcome James, Hope you enjoy the Roller :) Coaster!

Yes a BIG welcome James, Hope you enjoy the Roller :) Coaster!

Welcome from the Leicester sub branch! Every day is a school day on here, very weathercational!!!!

Posted

looking forward to the next 2/3 hours here, the chase of the storms, will it, wont it, lol.   i have done all i can to encourage a storm here, metal gazebo frames up, watered the lawn, veg and flowers etc and the camera primmed and ready, good luck to all that would love a good atorm tonight, stay safe all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

CB's looking SE in channel 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That blob just leaving Swindon looks promising and looks to be on a B-Line to Leicester!!!!

There was a blob leaving Basildon earlier, it was my wife going to bingo  :shok:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Cells in the channel.. watch out people might start saying "is that it" within the next 10 mins  :rofl:

Erm, is that it? 

• Like 3

Posted

CB's looking SE in channel

Looking SE?? Nowt on radar, nor sferics.

Wouldn't be surprised if you were looking SW from your vantage point as I'm sure you'd see at least the tops of that line of cells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

looking forward to the next 2/3 hours here, the chase of the storms, will it, wont it, lol.   i have done all i can to encourage a storm here, metal gazebo frames up, watered the lawn, veg and flowers etc and the camera primmed and ready, good luck to all that would love a good atorm tonight, stay safe all.

Noticing some more low level scud advecting NW with the elevated stuff moving NNE. Humidity is going up too.

The track of that IOW cell looks bang on to hit here and Spalding/Holbeach area too.

Promising signs :)

Posted

First rumble of thunder here...

And, as the white crosshair on blitzortung would corroborate :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Cells in the channel.. watch out people might start saying "is that it" within the next 10 mins  :rofl:

How come the storms always miss us!! :crazy:

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

It's all over.

A night of radar watching coming up for a while me thinks. Whats the latest forecast as I haven't seen one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Although im not expecting anything this far west, im hoping mother nature can surprise me!

• Like 1