Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Snow potentially for the hills in the south and relatively low levels in the north by the end of next week after a wet start with further risks of flooding

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/34820837

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

Richard, you live too close to the coast! I'm not that much further inland, but we've already had several air frosts this year. Nothing extreme I'll admit, and probably less than I'd expect, but I've had to scrape the car windscreen more than once.

I'll admit, the weather in general the last week or two has been pretty uninspiring. We've not had the high temps 'the south' have been getting, instead we've been getting low teens under grey, and very often quite misty, skies. I wouldn't say we've had it that bad rain wise though, not compared to those further West anyway.

Cheer up, the sun's out this morning. A bright, cool, breezy Autumn day (for now at least).

My local weather station (Lyneham Wilts.) has recorded 12 hours of sun so far this month - 18% of the average. Many spots in the south east haven't managed 10 hours of sun yet Yeah it has been mild but very cloudy. I see an Aberdeen station has 31 hours, 50% in the bank. It's not very often I'm jealous of the Aberdeen weather!

Posted

My local weather station (Lyneham Wilts.) has recorded 12 hours of sun so far this month - 18% of the average. Many spots in the south east haven't managed 10 hours of sun yet Yeah it has been mild but very cloudy. I see an Aberdeen station has 31 hours, 50% in the bank. It's not very often I'm jealous of the Aberdeen weather!

It has been a cloudy November here

Posted

Given the outlook for things to turn notably colder with frost, low temps and possibly some snow, Autumn 2015 is likely to end up a very varied season, a cool often dry and sunny September, an average October and a very mild wet stormy November but perhaps with quite a wintry latter part.

We have seen many a November with a wintry episode at some stage in the second part of the month, 1978, 1985, 1988, 1993, 1996, 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012 all produced preety chilly wintry conditions in the second half. Interestingly the winters thereafter apart from 1988 were certainly not atlantic mild dominated affairs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

With September and October although cool were very pleasant with lots of sunshine  but November being quite the opposite being windy and wet particularly early last week and today which twice brought the Calder within inches of breaking its banks near here .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

November looks like it's going to be by far the most interesting month of the autumn - an exceptionally mild first half with the November record being broken on the 1st, a very wet spell in the middle, and potentially a cold spell as we move into the last third.

September on the other hand was total borefest, if I'm honest. The only interesting statistic is that it was the coolest since 1993, but that was really just because of the chilly nights. The actual weather it produced was boring. October was also pretty boring for the most part, apart from the first couple days and the last week.

For me who happens to work outside when I can September and October were far better than November,havnt been able to do anything this weekend due to wind and rain,not like sept and oct where I found myself down to t shirt at times !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

For me who happens to work outside when I can September and October were far better than November,havnt been able to do anything this weekend due to wind and rain,not like sept and oct where I found myself down to t shirt at times !

Indeed.

The only two interesting days so far have been the 01st which was beautiful, possibly the nicest November day I've ever recorded, and the 13th for its exciting sunshine and kitchen sink showers along with a blustery wind. It was also nice to have some fog on the 02nd and 03rd. Other than that, it's been trash for most of the month so for, of which a few more days to come. Maybe this upcoming cold spell will be added to the interest list.

October was probably as equally arduous as November but at least the boring weather was dry and usable and quite sunny at times. Same goes for September, though I enjoyed the unsettled spell from the 12th-18th.

Posted

Anyone else get ever so slightly annoyed when BBC weather reporters refer to maxima as if it's the average temperature?

"The temperature so far this November has been around 15C".

Actually, it hasn't. The average is around 4C colder than that.

Anyone else think it promotes ignorance, in a way?

Or is it just me?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Warm November on course to equal record in England

Early provisional statistics* (1- 25 November) show November has been notable for its mild weather. Overall, temperatures for the UK have been 2.2°C above the November average, with this month on course in England to equal the previous warmest November in 1994 (9.5°C).

The other UK nations have been similarly warm

• the mean temperature of 9.2°C in Wales currently the second warmest November on record here – behind 1996 (9.4°C)
  • the mean temperature of 6.6°C is currently joint third warmest in Scotland – behind 7.7°C in 2011 and 7.5°C in 1994
  • the mean temperature of 8.0°C in Northern Ireland is currently the fourth warmest on record – behind 8.8°C in 1994, 8.7°C in 2011 and 8.1°C in 2007

Sunshine has been well below normal with just 33 hours of sunshine up to the 25th across the UK. This means November 2015 is heading toward being the dullest on records going back to 1929 – the dullest currently being 1962 with 39 hours.

http://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2015/11/27/warm-november-on-course-to-equal-record-in-england/

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

It's been a lovely November, for me. The only dampener was last weekend, but it was only a small price to pay, for what has otherwise been a fantastically mild month. :D

I have thoroughly enjoyed this month too. Just a pity all these mega positive daily anomalies never occurred during Summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It's been a lovely November, for me. The only dampener was last weekend, but it was only a small price to pay, for what has otherwise been a fantastically mild month. :D

Ay, because you don't like sunshine

Posted

Not really no, though it's better than snow. :)

lucky you! living in the UK low ish level then, although I usually expect you to see more snow than me,

Posted

Sunshine has been well below normal with just 33 hours of sunshine up to the 25th across the UK. This means November 2015 is heading toward being the dullest on records going back to 1929 – the dullest currently being 1962 with 39 hours.

http://blog.metoffice.gov.uk/2015/11/27/warm-november-on-course-to-equal-record-in-england/

Not really surprised there, the sooner this Euro high sods off the better (though of course it seems to have become omnipresent feature). Don't really mind if it's mostly mild this time of year (though variety is nice) but the lack of sunshine and also interesting weather down here is a bit depressing. 

Posted

Absolutely horrendous again. Swear-worthy weather today and in truth over most of November. Knew it was coming after that dry October.

The weather can't change soon enough for me, and I honestly don't care about temperatures, mild or cold is fine, I just want to see the back of this b*****d rain. Give us a few days off, please.

Rant over.

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely horrendous again. Swear-worthy weather today and in truth over most of November. Knew it was coming after that dry October.

The weather can't change soon enough for me, and I honestly don't care about temperatures, mild or cold is fine, I just want to see the back of this b*****d rain. Give us a few days off, please.

Rant over.

even worse the GFS ditched the HP for next week, I know was always looking unlikely, watch 12Z ECM be unsettled now after 192

Posted

Autumn 2015 finishes off on a very wet note...

Want no more moaning Scott, youve had your fair share of rain! hopefully dry weather fan's turn soon, but damn to GFS