Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Autumn 2015

Posted

Many thanks....and mad house is a very apt term me thinks! But enjoyable mad house!

Welcome to the forum could you please go to your settings and provide your location just to avoid queries on snow reports ect. At this time of year the MOD thread is quite sane - see again in December and it's all change. Enjoy the journey as a member of Netweather it took me a few years to sign up glad I did. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Thanks for the welcome,changed my settings now. Looking forward to the banter along the way on the journey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Since we get ridiculed commenting in the summer thread,i have moved into this thread.

After a clear start some mist in the valleys and cloud most of the morning but once again giving a lovely SUMMERS afternoon,once again September has done what summer has struggled to do,calm and sunny for 2 days in a row!

Much cooler than what July would give with the same setup, definately feeling autumnal now and mornings/evenings noticeably cooler, all in all very nice indeed without summers excesses, nice autumnal charts on offer too. :)

Edited by Eugene
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Overnight min here was 10C.  Sunny first thing but the Sc infill developed before lunch, but fortunately it dissipated from about 2pm to give a warm, sunny afternoon. I was just in T-shirt, the past few days needed a fleecy hoodie.  Currently clear and 13C @ 9:15pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Lovely so called Autumn day :) sunny all the way with temps at 19c not bad at all for the 07.09 smiley-sunglasses.gif

Posted

Stunning early autumn/late summers day, a chilly start with heavy dew and mist in river and lake valleys, Windermere had a veil of misty cloud over it this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Stunning early autumn/late summers day, a chilly start with heavy dew and mist in river and lake valleys, Windermere had a veil of misty cloud over it this morning.

Sounds picturesque! Here in London it was a classic autumn morning too. A chilly start , with smog lingering over the council estate in the distance and a heavy dew had formed over the sewage stream that was pouring out of the blocked drains. The plague of rats were still foraging for food and the distant cries of people being robbed by Chavs carried in the early morning, cool breeze, followed by a myriad of police sirens. *sigh* I just love this time of year. :D

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I love Autumn it's my most favourite time of year, I love the smell in the air and the changing colour of the leaves, what I don't like however, is the monster size spiders that keep coming into my house!!

• Like 4

Posted

Sounds picturesque! Here in London it was a classic autumn morning too. A chilly start , with smog lingering over the council estate in the distance and a heavy dew had formed over the sewage stream that was pouring out of the blocked drains. The plague of rats were still foraging for food and the distant cries of people being robbed by Chavs carried in the early morning, cool breeze, followed by a myriad of police sirens. *sigh* I just love this time of year. :D

Haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I love Autumn it's my most favourite time of year, I love the smell in the air and the changing colour of the leaves, what I don't like however, is the monster size spiders that keep coming into my house!!

I don't normally mind spiders but those things are straight out of the window for me!

Today was the only day which actually resembled the typical Derry Summer, blue-sky and 19C, I believe it was because of the Jet-Stream, letting the Azores High settle us.

Posted
Vile day again after the only two decent days this month. Murky and sunless with drizzle. Max of only 11.7C. Can't get any sort of dry spell nowadays as every single synoptic set up brings rain. Even a 1030mb high slap bang over us. It's shocking. Not been a proper dry spell for 2 years now. September 2013 was the last time there was one.

This gloom day in day out is just intolerable and insufferable especially following last years horror show autumn - dullest since 1968. This just seems exactly like last year, and so many recent autumns, with horrendous amounts of gloomy stratus and mild nights. Not dropped below 8C yet this month which is ridiculous - even Sept 2006 went below 6C during the first third - and coupled with low maxima is just excruciatingly tedious. Just looks like more of the same for the foreseeable so likely yet another dismal autumn with poor tree colour.

Spring is really the only season nowadays that isn't the worst it's ever been :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

Vile day again after the only two decent days this month. Murky and sunless with drizzle. Max of only 11.7C. Can't get any sort of dry spell nowadays as every single synoptic set up brings rain. Even a 1030mb high slap bang over us. It's shocking. Not been a proper dry spell for 2 years now. September 2013 was the last time there was one.

This gloom day in day out is just intolerable and insufferable especially following last years horror show autumn - dullest since 1968. This just seems exactly like last year, and so many recent autumns, with horrendous amounts of gloomy stratus and mild nights. Not dropped below 8C yet this month which is ridiculous - even Sept 2006 went below 6C during the first third - and coupled with low maxima is just excruciatingly tedious. Just looks like more of the same for the foreseeable so likely yet another dismal autumn with poor tree colour.

Spring is really the only season nowadays that isn't the worst it's ever been :wallbash:

We're only 8 days into the month and Autumn, plus didn't Aberdeen Dyce just have 130% of normal sunshine in August? The gloom can't be that endless if that's the case!

Edited by reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well you aren't going to be any happier this morning are you? Under a uniform sheet of grey cloud again. Any good Autumnal storms on the horizon, cos at least that'd be less boring than this.

I wouldn't say I quite share Richards level of doom and gloom, but it has been a real non-event of a summer in this corner of the country.

Posted

What I do not think many people realise in the British Isles, especially its North and West fringes, is that you are not supposed to have a summer in the sense that they do in the continent. This is a trend that you even can observe if you have a look at the glaciation ice sheets: even back then the BI were chillier in summer months in contrast to other areas located at similar latitudes, which allowed for said sheets to become perennial, probably more due to summers that would fail to provide any sustained warmth, just like nowadays, at another completely different level, that is.  

Therefore, complaining for a lack of warm days in the parallel 57N, when you are surrounded by a -colder than average- ocean, makes as little sense to me as it does to complain about why in Barcelona we do not get as much snow as they do in New York. But hey, you get other things in Aberdeen, such as freak foam storms and a possibility for snow in over six months out of every year. Enjoy what you got :) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

As requested by Yarmy here is the video I posted in the 'Cooler Atlantic' thread, which suggests a warming in the North Atlantic. How will this influence our Autumn weather, not as stormy as expected and colder than expected? http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

As requested by Yarmy here is the video I posted in the 'Cooler Atlantic' thread, which suggests a warming in the North Atlantic. How will this influence our Autumn weather, not as stormy as expected and colder than expected? http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the big storm predictions get toned down. The cold pool is subject to quite rapid change it seems. I certainly underestimated it. Unlikely the area where the cold pool is will become above average (or noticeably so) before winter though I would say.

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A lovely, warm and mainly sunny day here, reaching 22C despite the howling wind that has marred much of this year. Shame it won't last, back to the usual Atlantic crap come the weekend and then well into FI by the looks of the GFS this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Yet another day that is as good as any of the 4 best days summer 2015 could manage sun all the way from late morning,warm and 18 deg! Yet again September is giving what summer failed to do all be it a few days!

Edited by hillbilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Off on holiday to Woolacombe, Devon tomorrow, just as the settled spell ends. Cant win 'em all I suppose. Just hope I win Saturday's Lottery instead!

Edited by Costa Del Fal