Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Around 10mm of rain has fallen here in the last two hours, slightly wetter than I thought, heavy at times too. It's been pretty dry in this neck of the woods so far this Autumn..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Yuk some of that misty 'wet' rain this morning on a stiff breeze.

Its beginning to feel like Forest Gump where he describes the rain in Vietnam, there's wet rain, fat rain, thin rain, stinging rain and upside down rain.

Posted

Mild, cloudy and windy. 12.3mm of rain fell yesterday.

Temp: 14°C - Hum: 90% - Bar: 1020.21hPa - Wind: SW/WSW 12mph.

Screenshot_2015-12-16-11-16-44.thumb.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
33 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Mild, cloudy and windy. 12.3mm of rain fell yesterday.

Temp: 14°C - Hum: 90% - Bar: 1020.21hPa - Wind: SW/WSW 12mph.

Screenshot_2015-12-16-11-16-44.thumb.png

Mapantz,

Any truth in the rumour that you've just been posting the same photo for the last week? :reindeer-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, jtay said:

Mapantz,

Any truth in the rumour that you've just been posting the same photo for the last week? :reindeer-emoji:

haha - It may as well be! I should've thought about it really, if it has been sunny, it would've been a revelation!

Posted

My December record temperature has been achieved again, that is the 4th time this month! 14.2c at the moment after a brighter hour although generally Stratocumulus dominated with drizzle in the air.

Posted

Whereas here several hundred miles East of the rain it's a crystal clear and starry morning for the first time in 9 days. For this time of year you would expect it to be at least dewy if not frosty. Nope, nothing of that ilk, 11.6c and bone dry surfaces including grass.

I truly wish this spell of weather had occurred at the height of summer with these continuous Southerly feeds of air, nit just to see just how hot it could have been but it would have been very thundery too with the frequent fronts ; elevated storms on the warm fronts like the weak one which ran North last night and surface based storms on the cold fronts as well as within the warm sectors. I said this to somebody yesterday but they said it would have been just as dull, well it wouldn't because the sun would burn off the low cloud by mid AM.

As it is we are in this continuing Spring like period, the flowers are loving it and, well, daffodils are so Autumn, we have tulips coming up!

Posted

It's actually kind of annoying that it's up to a few degrees cooler here than nearby, some stations e.g Dawlish, Teignmouth reached a remarkable 16C in the early hours. Here however the top was 13.8C. Must be the topography with them being sheltered and even getting a slight foehn effect.

Even a station less than a mile west of me and higher up got a degree higher! and it's windy so no cold air setting in the valleys.

Yet further east around Lyme Bay stations are back to 14/15C again after the cluster of cooler stations here.. no idea what is causing this then. Just a little annoying I guess, if we can't even get a record out of all this mild when nearby stations can.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
40 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

It's actually kind of annoying that it's up to a few degrees cooler here than nearby, some stations e.g Dawlish, Teignmouth reached a remarkable 16C in the early hours. Here however the top was 13.8C. Must be the topography with them being sheltered and even getting a slight foehn effect.

Even a station less than a mile west of me and higher up got a degree higher! and it's windy so no cold air setting in the valleys.

Yet further east around Lyme Bay stations are back to 14/15C again after the cluster of cooler stations here.. no idea what is causing this then. Just a little annoying I guess, if we can't even get a record out of all this mild when nearby stations can.

It's already been a record breaker! :D

Posted

It was half decent out there just after 7:30ish. Normal service was resumed however, by the time I started walking home. Currently 13.7C and cloudy.

IMGP0062.thumb.JPG.d7edd4dc8e1fc75ef296c

IMGP0060.thumb.JPG.8d610cade4a417ca0d4e5

Posted

Hate to sound like a broken record, but broken records is what it's all about!

My December record has gone AGAIN for the 5th time in 17 days, 14.6c max today and just beginning to drop as the rain begins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Scraped 14C before the rain started, now dropping and back to 12.9C. Just shows how hard it is to get the record temperatures when there's rain about. Had the sun come out however....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Miserable day, but wonderful sunset this evening.

Posted

5 hours ago, William Grimsley said:

It's already been a record breaker! :D

Not ere, had 15.4C in 2007! :D Highest for me so far is 14.2C yesterday.

However the consistency of it is remarkable.. here's some stats from my weather station, The mean temperature so far (11.4C) is higher than October (11.1C), and the same as for May.

The mean minimum (24hr midnight-midnight clock) so far is 8.9C, higher than all months this year apart from July and August! 

Just had a really nice sunset (but in the eastern sky not western) from the frontal clearance with the cloud turning orange and then pink, including some small mammatus or mammatus-type clouds. It was clear overhead so the moon to the SSE combined with it nicely. Odd to be in such a post-cold front situation in December with it still being 13C outside!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

14.6°C max here today, highest so far this month.  Average to date is 12.7°C

This was to the west at sunset with the clearance still to come.

P1000167 (800x600).jpg

Posted

Right, I'm waiting to see if Mapantz posts the same photo again today, because to be honest right now, it looks like it did on the day before, the day before, the day before. So a bit samey really.

Anywayz, currently:

11.8°C

DP  10.5°C

RH 92%

Wind 9.2mph

1015.1 mb  STEADY

Conditions: Overcast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Bright. Broken Cloud. 11.1c. Humidity 895rh. Pressure 1020.7hpa. Dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

thought i would pop in ,spent several months now nursing my 93 yr old mother in law but now things are easier i can now spend a bit more time on my weatjher hobby .

Still today seeing more bumble bees and birds not even bothering with bird table etc .

we had a humming bird hawk moth the other day feeding on my late larks spur plants ,and frogs still moving about in this crazy weather ,some signs today in the charts of something cooler in the far outlook ,but as usual all subject to change ,lets hope we can get some nice wintry weather in the new year ,south of the M4 of course .:snowman-emoji: