Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Hey Hotspur,

My 2 Miniature Schnauzers are the same. Took them out earlier & the look on their faces.. We were back indoors within 5 minutes.

It really is rotten out there

I am looking forward to winter and hopefully get a good dumping of snow and see what she makes of running in the snow as she hasn't experienced that yet lol as she is only 18 months old.

Re Captain shortwaves comment my best mate lives in Brussels and yesterday was 30 and today 27 and sunny both days. A real case of close but no cigar !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I nearly went down with early-onset SAD yesterday! That was a November day masquerading as an August Bank Holiday! Managed to cheer myself up by wading to my local pub and enjoying a great gig by 'Words and Music', a Beatles tribute band. 

Got some sunshine here at the mo and 15.5C, so a better feel to the day already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Raining yet again. Hasn't stopped since I returned from holiday.

The TV forecasts make me laugh, according to them I should have sunny spells now with a possible light shower late afternoon.. It's pouring down - cold & dark! If I got my job wrong I'd be sacked!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Raining yet again. Hasn't stopped since I returned from holiday.

The TV forecasts make me laugh, according to them I should have sunny spells now with a possible light shower late afternoon.. It's pouring down - cold & dark! If I got my job wrong I'd be sacked!

I  thought i was imagining it that the forecast said it will be sunny today, it is raining heavily here too 15.2c! :cc_confused: In fact it is supposed to be dry for the rest of the week, so expect the first snow of the winter instead. :ninja::D:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Why its only the most southern parts that are over average, parts of EA have only 50% rainfall, in fact most parts of the country seem to be average or below average.

Posted

The high is in totally the wrong place summer or winter at the moment.

So down here in the south east we end up with cloudy sunny bits and showers and the coolest area, actually after this summer I am looking forward to some fresher weather.

However it doesn't really seem much cooler, feels sort of damp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunshine and a couple of light showers. A high of 18C.

I guess that counts as a passable September day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, snow, and cold snowy snow

Despite the fact we all want a good bit of frost, snow, blizzards, power cuts....I hope we have some cold to kill off some of the hibernating wasp queens this winter. Last years mild winter means my apple trees and back garden are overrun with the annoying gits!!!!

• Like 2

Posted

Despite the fact we all want a good bit of frost, snow, blizzards, power cuts....I hope we have some cold to kill off some of the hibernating wasp queens this winter. Last years mild winter means my apple trees and back garden are overrun with the annoying gits!!!!

There seemed to be lots this year, but here they were mostly very small ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Absolutely tipping it down here . Very surprised there is no thunder and lightning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Torrential rain falling here.

Heavy showers here too!

Oh and DEATH TO ALL WASPS!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

A mix of sun and showers today in Cambridge, felt and looked more like an April/May day with convective showers and a cool breeze. A few heavy showers but some nice cloud scapes so not too bad overall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had my cloud spotters badge on today, lovely clouds about, then it got dark and produced maybe 5 drops of rain and off it popped.

Roll on autumn. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Missed all the storms here in Dover this weekend, was visiting family in London, plenty of rain all week but not one storm. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Down to 7.4C here at 06.30 this morning and a very heavy dew. Another day of dodge-the-showers coming up.

Will anywhere in our patch hear a rumble of thunder today? Yesterday the lightning detector was showing a scattering of storms but only for the Midlands and North of England. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Down to 7.4C here at 06.30 this morning and a very heavy dew. Another day of dodge-the-showers coming up.

Will anywhere in our patch hear a rumble of thunder today? Yesterday the lightning detector was showing a scattering of storms but only for the Midlands and North of England. 

We'll see, can see some convective build up already, might just be heavy rain again though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

You can sure notice the autumnal chill early in the morning. :cold:

This last week or so has really hit home, that we are into Autumn now..  :oops: