Cold?
IGNORED

Extreme Temperatures Hottest/Coldest

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

hottest around 38C in Paris, must have been around 95-96

coldest Stafford, around -11C 3rd and 7th Dec 2010

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Hottest was probably around 36-38C in late October 2010 in Dubai. I do remember the 10th August 2003 even though I was only 7. I was round a friend's house in the garden most of the day and just remember it being extremely hot. Writtle's station recorded around 36C that day I think.

Coldest would be the 21st December 2010 (I think, if not it was close to that date). Temperature dropped to -14C that morning, nothing like anything I'd experienced before. February 2012 came close at -12C on around the 7th.

Edited by 22nov10blast

Posted

Hottest would be 46 in Las Vegas, July 4th 2007

Coldest, the weather station I had in my garden read -19.5 in December 1981, 3 nights on the run were -18 or colder, my heating oil waxed up. I lived through the 1962/3 winter and my dad's max/min thermometer went down to -16 several times.

Pete 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Hottest was 40C in Zakinthos in 1997, and coldest -10C here in 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Remember back in the mid 90's i was on holiday in Gumbet in Turkey and for three days it was 43c - 46c never forget heat like it, even the locals were suffering with heat exhaustion,

we were told to stay in doors for them three days by the Police who were keeping everybody off the beach.

Finland was the coldest at -37 on boxing day 2009 remember trying to have a fag and in taking my glove off for more that 2 min's.....Trust me it bloody hurts!!!

Deep freeze is one of the best experiences...Try it one day :D  

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

39C in Girona Spain in 2003, this was coupled with a strong south easterly wind making it feel like being in a hair drier.

I am unsure about coldest temperature, but from memory I have only seen temperatures as low as -9C which was at university in Southampton.

Posted

Hottest - 42C in northern Australia, March 2013

Coldest - probably here in December 2010

Hottest feel to the weather has to have been Shanghai in July 2009 - mid-to-high 30s coupled with high humidity. One night didn't go below 31C. I was covered in sweat the whole time I was there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Hottest aprox 35 deg Marmaris ,Turkey 1996  or maybe slightly hotter sunshine coast ,Australia 2012,hottest uk aprox 33 deg,home 1990

Coldest -13 deg December 2010 but certainly matched by several days December 1981 and a couple December 1995

Coldest feeling has to be much of February 1986,not as cold as above but the biting east winds made it feel so much colder!

Posted

Hottest aprox 35 deg Marmaris ,Turkey 1996 or maybe slightly hotter sunshine coast ,Australia 2012,hottest uk aprox 33 deg,home 1990

Coldest -13 deg December 2010 but certainly matched by several days December 1981 and a couple December 1995

Coldest feeling has to be much of February 1986,not as cold as above but the biting east winds made it feel so much colder!

In terms of actually feeling cold, mine may well have been 11th March 2013. That wind was outrageously cold. I happen to have good recollection of it as that date is my birthday.

I was in Ashton under Lyne the day before, and that was positively polar, with strong, biting winds sweeping off the Pennines.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76103-monday-11th-march-2013-weather-and-general-chat/

Check out TM's second post...

Edited by March Blizzard

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Hottest: Whatever Birmingham got to on 10th Aug 03 (was visiting Cadbury's factory), although 34.1C in 1990 if not. 

Coldest: I believe it hit -16C in 2010. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

My hottest is probably in Majorca around 2004 when I think it got to about 43c. It was in the headlines for being around record point.

Coldest must be about 24th/25th December 2010 when it reached -15c here.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Hottest: Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt (June 2004) and Daly Waters, Australia, December 2002 (43C) - the latter with much higher humidity.

Coldest: about -16C, Farnham (December 1981).

Posted

In the UK;

Highest 36c ish in August 2003 or 1990

Lowest somewhere around -17c 1995 in C.Scotland -11c locally

Outside UK;

42c SE Asia

Haven't been anywhere cold outside UK. Maybe France December 2002 -8c I'd guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Never actually been abroad during extreme temps, so both in the UK:

Hottest: probably about 35 °C right here in Bewdley in July 2006. I was in Bristol on 10 Aug 2003, and while it was very hot I doubt it was quite that hot.

Coldest: perhaps around -15 °C when walking to school (elsewhere in Worcs) in January 1982.

Edited by Arctic Hare