Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April 2011: a lovely month!

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

April 2011 for me was the best spring month, in my experience. It is currently the warmest April on record with a CET of 11.8°C. It came four years after April 2007, which was also a very warm month with a CET of 11.2°C and I still think it's unbelieveable that that month was bettered, especially in such a short space of time! April 2011 was also the sunniest April on record, only recently beaten by April 2015, and the driest April on record too. It was a month that wouldn't look out of place in July.

Edited by Thunderbolt_
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

April 2011 was ceratinly the best month for sun and lack of rain for as long as I can remember.

Ther was an average temperature of 19.2C, which is 6 degrees up on the 30 year average, and less than 1mm of rain in the whole month.

I wonder if we will ever have another month like Aprill of 2011.

Posted

Not as good as 2007 here. Too many cloudy or partly cloudy days when other places had sunshine, it only ended up warmer because of night time temperatures. Only a couple of days were cloudless and warm 2007-style. 2015 was a lot sunnier too.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I tend to view 2007 as the superior month however it was pretty good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

I actually forgot about this thread. I made one of my historic videos a few weeks ago (similar to Gavin Partridge's) on the Aprils of 2007 and 2011: