Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 12th June 2015 onwards

Posted

sod all here.

Does feel more "ripe" for a storm out there though than it has all year.

Gordon, I understand you have a fear of thunderstorms but I think it may be an idea that you don't go on the forum as it will not help you. It's also quite a shame to see such negative posts on this thread. It may be an idea to find some help to try to reduce this fear.

coming from the guy who wanted to sue the BBC after the plume fail last week? alrighty then.

Pay no attention Gordon

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Wouldn't take a lot of sunshine to really spark these showers up. Next hour or so could be interesting if the sun does manage to break through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Met Office rainfall prediction looks interesting for the S and E Midlands this evening. Having said that, it's seems to be starting early with a rash of showers breaking out already, which isn't really what I wanted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

Looks like a strike nr Birmingham in the clear slot. That particular cell showing some red on the radar.

Edited by poseidon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Looks like a strike nr Birmingham in the clear slot. That particular cell showing some red on the radar.

the question is though how many clearer slots are with all these showers breaking out already

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Well another sat ot home....and another storm potential day ahead

With most of Birmingham still in the NSC......Best of luck to all of you Storm heads out there for later this afternoon :)

Suns breaking through occationally ... at least the clouds have a little form to them, this week

post-12214-0-33105200-1434805256_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted

A short pulse of thundery stuff just to the north of Birmingham. Currently there is very little deep layer shear modeled and so I would imagine any storms would be short lived. It is later on that shear increases - i.e 6-9pm but if things happen now and not later then things are not as promising for a more organised storm.

Incidentally, my weather app is showing heavy thunderstorm here at 3pm. I will know in less than an hour how accurate it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey days

the question is though how many clearer slots are with all these showers breaking out already

Quite. However, it is early and just for once GFS has actually increased the CAPE on the 06z for this area - must be a calculation error ;-)

And, MO have just issued a heavy rain warning for thunderstorms developing later (albeit low risk currently), so there is clearly some risk there.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ee&fcTime=1434754800

Edited by poseidon

Posted

A short pulse of thundery stuff just to the north of Birmingham. Currently there is very little deep layer shear modeled and so I would imagine any storms would be short lived. It is later on that shear increases - i.e 6-9pm but if things happen now and not later then things are not as promising for a more organised storm.

Incidentally, my weather app is showing heavy thunderstorm here at 3pm. I will know in less than an hour how accurate it is.

yep but by that time in'll be more in the SE parts of England or possibly East Anglia

Posted

Quite. However, it is early and just for once GFS has actually increased the CAPE on the 06z for this area - must be a calculation error ;-)

And, MO have just issued a heavy rain warning for thunderstorms developing later (albeit low risk currently), so there is clearly some risk there.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ee&fcTime=1434754800

yep warnings out for this region too , met seem to be covering there bases and just like for you the is a low risk of impact and I think they'll be gone before 10pm in my part of the world but like I said covering the bases for locations south and east during the evening period and as for sunshine it seems to be playing a game of peek-a-boo

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted

yep but by that time in'll be more in the SE parts of England or possibly East Anglia

Unfortunately for me, yes... fortunate for you though.

Still a chance of some pulse storms anywhere south of Liverpool to Hull this afternoon though with the possibility of something a little more organised running across the Met Office warning area later this afternoon/evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

See how things pan out, but I will be up for a 20-30 mile trip down the A1 if I clock some decent activity later on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

According to the skew-t for Norwich, Cape only appears on the 00Z and does not show on the 18z so if anything is going to happen here I reckon it will be early evening and could just become showers only if things start to die off. However summer solstace is only tomorrow so the day is long.

Posted

According to the skew-t for Norwich, Cape only appears on the 00Z and does not show on the 18z so if anything is going to happen here I reckon it will be early evening and could just become showers only if things start to die off. However summer solstace is only tomorrow so the day is long.

Summer solstice already would you believe that the days will be shortening again already even though very slowly at first (if too off topic feel free to delete)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Convection really kicking in now

19c and rising

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Strike between Brum and Worcester

Posted

Strike between Brum and Worcester

yep that's heading SE and there's some rain to my NW which I think maybe heading in the direction of Leicester , if it stays true to form it'll probably go barmy as it heads to the SE

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Still waiting for some sun. Drizzle here but cloud looks to be thinning now and here's hoping for some late warm spells to pack the energy in before showers arrive from the north later...

Posted

3 strikes around Cannock.

All too Far East...sadly.

Posted

One near Warwick