Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Sherman

Chase Day 28 - Another ColoradoFest! Tornado Pictures & Video

What a day again, Colorado has been the place to be this year. Started in Limon after yesterdays 8 Tornadoes and blasted west to a couple of Tornado Warned Supercells SE of Denver, after noting these were struggling we blasted east to a new area of Storms and got onto a storm east of us near Anton, blasted through Golfball Hail and into the bears cage and boom large Cone Tornado just to our South.

post-24-0-53188900-1433577508_thumb.jpg

Let this move towards us and when it was 200 yards away let it pass just behind us, at the time getting showered with hail and rain wrapping around violently.

post-24-0-74940200-1433577572_thumb.jpg

Then blasted east again through more Golfball Hail and cut south on a road near Kirk (Co) this was going to be a close shave as when we came out of the precip we had a large eastwards moving Cone Tornado over the road in front of us, we let this dance in a field 100 yards to our west and watched it lift up.

post-24-0-60899700-1433577690_thumb.jpg

About this time we got hit with extreme dry Rfd Winds which moved us across the road and upon looking up new another large Tornado was about to touch down. So re positioned 1/4 mile futher south and watched possible the fastest rotation I have seen put down a nice white cone Tornado where we had been sitting.

post-24-0-15730700-1433577814_thumb.jpg

A GrLevel3 Grab of where we were in proximity to the Supercell

post-24-0-64038800-1433577878_thumb.jpg

Some very aggresive chasing today but always in control of the situation and sometimes HP Supercells have to be tackled differently or you just wont see the goodies inside the beast.

Paul S

**Some Insane Videos to follow tomorrow when all encoded!

Great result again - CO is really delivering this year.

I'm sure I saw both you and Paul Kinghtley on the StormScapeLive stream last night. Is Paul out there?

More active chasing this evening.

Hi Neil

Paul Kn flew back a couple of days ago, Nathan flies back Today, just leaves us lot, Cammie and Tim and Dan Holley and Nick Parnell here I think.

Crackin' day, I bet the guests are buzzin, that was quite an amazin day. Well done in positioning, you really scored a home run yesterday (Oh and the day before).

Well done team.

Here's the video of the second and third tornado. I didn't get the first as I was on the wrong side of the car driving. Amazing chase again and such a buzz to be getting so close!

Warning, language is a bit fruity a few times but you just can't contain the excitement! Watch in 1080p for best quality :)

Ha, that first funnel was a proper tease.  

ps I hate you all, I'm doing 9 tours next year

Brilliant once again.. erm Tornadoes/ flash flooding ? which one would I choose to play with?  

no doubt about it keep you floods to yourself.

Tom

Next years Tour 1 & Tour 2 guests, will be expected to present their swimming proficiency certificates before climbing  on board.

BE PREPARED.