Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Snowyowl9

Your entire life is an ILLUSION: New test backs up theory that the world doesn’t exist until we look at it

Isn't that just the Copenhagen Interpretation taken to its extreme? I'm not suggesting that there's no truth in the article, just that interpretations of complex scientific stuff is not one of the Daily Mail's fortes... :D

I saw this on  my FB, and can remember something for years back about closing your eyes and asking yourself if the world was still there or something. It's the cat in a box theory taken up a bit, or the tree in the wood if it fell down would it make a noise.

When i call my family in OZ it's just an ILLUSION because I'm not looking at it, but i know it's real !

At the quantum level reality tells me that the family is on the other end of the line :hi:

So take the sense of sight away from a person does they mean they no longer exist in "our world"?

Experience in other senses should be included and just because we interpret something different the source is the same?

Bohr and Heisenberg's wave particle theory does the rounds time to time in the popular press ,now where did he leave the winnibago ,with scrodingers cat perhaps !!!..

If you want to know about life-as-an-illusion Google Daniel Dennet...It is a wee bit heavy.

Now you tell me, And there was me thinking this was all real! Now where was i..

Now you tell me, And there was me thinking this was all real! Now where was i..

I was in another world last night entirely the dreamworld,weird dream.