Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

et voila....a second elevated storm fires 50 miles west of the first one over Brest

I am glad there is at least someone on this thread thats not directed by their feelings (like me haha)

Also is this a Mouse Spider? It  abseiled in front of me and when I went to move it away with a bit of paper it became very aggressive and went straight for the paper I have never seen a spider do this before normally they run away, it then ran under some baby wipes, when I picked up the baby wipes I took this picture and it was froze like this and then ran away before I could get a glass to move it out. This is the second encounter with a mouse spider if it is, last year one ran up my the inside of my leg but I was able to get it out before it bit me. Dont worry I didnt harm the spider I actually love spiders in my house as they keep pests away.

post-12025-0-34840500-1433463262_thumb.p

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

TWO touching down at the same time now in the usa :shok: ,same location and feed

attachicon.giftornado 4.png

as for here,more strikes showing now S of the channel islands,i don't think i will see owt here in the morning,looks to be heading IOW terr and NE of that unless something crops up further west,night chaps,looking forward to your media if any.

Nothing is expected to be further West quoting BBC yet again storms heading to SE and places East of IOW moving NE in East Anglia and SE corner which is expected get worse as daytime heating occurs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Another two storms have fired just south of Alderney and north west of Cherbourg

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I am glad there is at least someone on this thread thats not directed by their feelings (like me haha)

Also is this a Mouse Spider? It  abseiled in front of me and when I went to move it away with a bit of paper it became very aggressive and went straight for the paper I have never seen a spider do this before normally they run away, it then ran under some baby wipes, when I picked up the baby wipes I took this picture and it was froze like this and then ran away before I could get a glass to move it out. This is the second encounter with a mouse spider if it is, last year one ran up my the inside of my leg but I was able to get it out before it bit me. Dont worry I didnt harm the spider I actually love spiders in my house as they keep pests away.

I can't see the picture, but a few days ago we had a mouse spider (false widow) in my house...

... and it attacked the paper when I tried to get it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just went outside for  quick weather update.....Wow!  the clouds are dark and menacing, I'm not surprised....

...as it's one o'clock in the bloody morning!  :fool:  :laugh:

• Like 5

Posted

just went outside for  quick weather update.....Wow!  the clouds are dark and menacing, I'm not surprised....

...as it's one o'clock in the bloody morning!  :fool:  :laugh:

You haven't quit your day job have you ?

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That storm near to Alderney erupted in just 15 minutes. 

Currently they would track just to the west of London if they get there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Amazing how quick elevated storms can develop! Half hour ago I was getting the yawns, then all of a sudden it's like the kick off whistle had been blown!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This a storm thread, not a bleeding spider thread! I don't want to wince at every quoted message! ;)

• Like 6

Posted

Haha im talking about European Mouse Spiders, not as scary I can tell you, they are beautiful they have shimmering grey hairs on their abdomens with brown legs, that's why I think this was a mousey but I am not 100% sure.

This a storm thread, not a bleeding spider thread! I don't want to wince at every quoted message! ;)

Sorry dude but this thing launched itself at me when I was trying to help it haha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Right I'm off to bed. It looks like nowt will really make it up here so there isn't really much point in me staying up, to be honest. Enjoy your storms guys. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Haha im talking about European Mouse Spiders, not as scary I can tell you, they are beautiful they have shimmering grey hairs on their abdomens with brown legs, that's why I think this was a mousey but I am not 100% sure.

Sorry dude but this thing launched itself at me when I was trying to help it haha.

next time put your foot down

Posted

next time put your foot down

Not with bare feet, Euro mouse spiders have one of the more potent venom's found in any UK spider.

Back to storms looking tasty over the channel but I have a feeling this stuff is not going to get here until mid morning at this rate unless it can gets wiggle on.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Very interesting. Just stepped outside and it definitely feels like the humidity has increased somewhat from earlier on. Also, loads of Ac Cas seem to be appearing out of nowhere looking as if they are trying to break any capping. Tiny bits of precip also look evident over MK area too. Could lead to something very soon!

Posted

Very interesting. Just stepped outside and it definitely feels like the humidity has increased somewhat from earlier on. Also, loads of Ac Cas seem to be appearing out of nowhere looking as if they are trying to break any capping. Tiny bits of precip also look evident over MK area too. Could lead to something very soon!

Was just thinking the same thing as they blocked the moon out!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Just popped back from the shop (than goodness for the 24/7) and it's still fairly warm out - only wore a t-shirt - and it started to feel a bit clammy/muggy when I was walking back. Shame the storm(s) around Jersey look to be heading towards the wrong side of the country to me. :'(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's all died as quickly as it erupted.

erm, no it hasn't!

Posted

Nothing on the lightning detector?

yes they're Dave....plus lightning detectors are a useful tool, but they don't pick up every strike