Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

This is it for us in Solihull, Warning flash drizzle may occur :laugh: ........Disclaimer! for now  :wink:

post-11006-0-48554300-1437076502_thumb.p

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Yawn as predicted, all the excitement over the usual suspects as ever, I heard Shropshire was one of the few places to dodge the storms the other week to.

July 2008 remains the last time we got a worthwhile, long length storm here.

Still a balmy 21.4c, shame couldn't of lasted for a Friday Night beer garden! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

This is it for us in Solihull, Warning flash drizzle may occur :laugh: ........Disclaimer! for now  :wink:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I'm near Bicester under that blob , I've got nothing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Im done with tonight, nothing anywhere near here! Hopefully something will wake me up later, doubt it though.

Posted

One or two flashes to the east, but they seem very distant.

Looks like the SE and East Anglia are getting hit quite hard tonight..........just for a change  :angry:

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan

Posted

East gets all the storms again. Some places there have had more in the last two weeks than we have in the last five years.

Just one decent, exciting overhead thunder and lightning storm. Why is this area incapable of that time after time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well another non event for shropshire YAWN! I dont even think we had any rain last night? This summer has been really poor if you work as the weekend have been dire. You could bet your house on a lousy Sunday! When we do get some sun the wind blows you away or you get cloudzilla piles in till 7pm in the evening!

The frustrating one tho is the storms as conor said 2008 was the last good storm we had. I know since i have been with my parnter there has been no thunderstorms that i have had the pleasure of been able to enjoy ( 4 years this year!) There was one in 2012 i think during the day as i remember seeing the pictures on facebook of the larger then normal hail when i got home from work. Did not here a thing at work!!

I think if i want to see a storm again then i am going to have to move as Shropshire is one of the most uneventful places to live weatherwise.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cloudy night here with some light rain in the early hours leaving 0.2mm. Currently cloudy damp, Temp 14.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Clouds

No overnight thunder but a warm night with a low of 14.6C.

There's a little cloud temperature is 15.7C pressure 1009 and humidity 84%.

Today should be a warm sunny day.

Posted

20C and sunny spells, feels fresher in that westerly breeze with dew points at 9c :D

Posted

The forecast clearance has never really arrived today surprisingly, expected a clear if blustery afternoon but stayed generally cloudy, 17.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Its been a really poor "summer" so far. Forecast looks pretty poor for the next couple of weeks the app on my phone has cloud... rain.... cloud cloud....cloud for a whole week! Bloody typical too because it happens to be the week i break up. That is still a week away so hopefully that changes!

Posted

Really gusty morning, around 60% cloudcover at the minute so less than normal for a Saturday but will wait and see.

Edit: Back up to usual 90%+ now, no sun for half an hour.. zzzzzz

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

post-10703-0-82952200-1437216360_thumb.jpost-10703-0-14930900-1437216371_thumb.jpost-10703-0-34836500-1437216381_thumb.jpost-10703-0-00055200-1437216391_thumb.jpost-10703-0-55024100-1437216400_thumb.jpost-10703-0-42853100-1437216411_thumb.jpost-10703-0-51750700-1437216421_thumb.jpost-10703-0-28345400-1437216842_thumb.jpost-10703-0-79091400-1437216863_thumb.jpost-10703-0-12978100-1437217391_thumb.jpost-10703-0-79182900-1437217402_thumb.jpost-10703-0-83886900-1437217411_thumb.j

You better watch out Telford Sunshine Shield, cause you're going down! :spiteful:

• Like 2

Posted

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

You better watch out Telford Sunshine Shield, cause you're going down! :spiteful:

Actually brightened up around lunchtime lol! but now the Saturday white haze has hit, seems to around 1pm every week even when unforecast.

• Like 1

Posted

My only issue is how much to apply smiley-sunglasses.gif

suncream--z.jpg  20c, Sunny Spells :)

• Like 1

Posted

Some cloud with a stiff SW wind, current temperature 23.2C.

But the temperature is considerably more in Stafford due to the fact that the M6 is shut southbound, the town and surrounding area is gridlocked!

Posted

Glorious out there now again, weird day, sunny start, generally cloudy 10-12, sunny lunchtime, cloudzilla 1-4 then sunny spells since  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Some cloud with a stiff SW wind, current temperature 23.2C.

But the temperature is considerably more in Stafford due to the fact that the M6 is shut southbound, the town and surrounding area is gridlocked!

was worse thursday, i was on the bus for 1 and a half hours, from gaol square to weeping cross, supposed to be 15 mins,

Posted

was worse thursday, i was on the bus for 1 and a half hours, from gaol square to weeping cross, supposed to be 15 mins,

Some people were reported to be stuck on the M6 for 6 hours, trying to get across junction 14 from Eccleshall was impossible.

Posted

Some good gardening rain this morning 3mm, it looks like the sky is clearing to the east.

A warm muggy night with a low of 12.5C current temperature 13.5C pressure 1007mb and humidity 95%.

Once the rain clears we should have some sunny spells with a stiff breeze.

Posted

A blustery morning with sharp showers rattling through.

Temp 13.8mm

Wind S/W 16mph

Gusting 34mph

Rain 4.4mm