Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

Polar Maritime

Posted

Well done Willinglossop and Laurie61, our first confirmed 30°C readings of the summer!  :yahoo:

29.1°C here, but we must be very close to the peak. We recorded our highest temp here at around 16:30 yesterday.

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Uppers are rapidly increasing so temps may rise for longer today. Not too far from 30c now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Uppers are rapidly increasing so temps may rise for longer today. Not too far from 30c now!

Upper air temperatures are increasing, yes, but they exhibit a much smaller diurnal range than surface temperatures. Surface temperatures are likely to have already peaked, or are very close to doing so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Max here 28.8 °C, which I'll take considering the forecast! I'd personally prefer not to have storms tomorrow, since I'd rather have more sun and 30 °C plus!

Posted

Latest Metars:

Birmingham, Shawbury, Liverpool 28

Manchester 27

Heathrow 30

Looking at that I find temps over 30 up in the Peak very hard to believe! 25 yes, hotter than Heathrow no.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not quite 30c here but close. Absolutely stunning day and couldn't ask for more. 11/10. Very blessed for my birthday. :)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Still rising slowly, The Davis currently recording a Max now of 26.8c. I'm sweating just stood still..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Still rising slowly, The Davis currently recording a Max now of 26.8c. I'm sweating just stood still..

Awful isn't it! Bring on the rain and cooler weather for Thursday. 22c etc, with a breeze and sunny skies are what I'd call perfect. This is just uncomfortable.

Posted

Very pleasant heat today, really doesn't bother me at all.

yes, I don't get some posts. I'm very susceptible to humidity, but it was really lovely sitting out for half an hour at dinnertime.

Posted

29.3°C ended up being my max temp, considerably higher than the forecast max of 26°C

It's still 27.1°C at half past seven in the evening, a very warm (and probably uncomfortable) night awaits.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

What a stunner of a day...crisp blue skies! Station is showing temperature of 28.6C 31% humidity and that is in the shade! Nice breeze taking the edge off a bit.

• Like 1

Posted

28.9 just measured in the shade outside, been totally clear for last 2 hours, this has exceeded what I was expecting. Hope tomorrow can go 1.1C better!

Hottest June day since 2006

Hottest day here since july 2006 and much higher than june here,that heat came early in the month which made 25.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It's been a particularly nice evening here: still above 25 °C until after 8pm and sun all the way to sunset. Hoping to avoid the storms and scrape a 30 °C tomorrow, though I think it's going to be touch and go here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

post-15744-0-18456100-1435698376_thumb.p

Quite surprised to see a level 2 so widespread tommorrow, that southern boundary is probably literally just overhead here. 

• Like 2

Posted

Today's max of 29.3°C represented my highest recorded June max since 27th June 2011 (29.5°C)

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

15.42 hours of sunshine today made it the sunniest day since June 16th 2010 when 15.48 hrs was recorded, about as much as it's possible to get on those dates at this site.

The maximum of 25.3c was the highest in June since the 27th in 2011 when 26.5c was reached.

• Like 1

Posted

Still 22c. Lush. :D

Posted

Indeed. I think the models will probably be wrong about any ppm for the midlands so there will be less Cloud. Let's go for that 32c! Going to feel hotter anyway with much higher humidity.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

24 hours ago we were on the lowest June high max since 1991, we ended up the highest since 2006. What a day can do. Gone unnoticed but a respectable 221 hours of sun for Shawbury in June, similar to April's total and the second June over 200 in a row. Overall then a better month than it often seemed like.

• Like 1

Posted

That Estofex forecast is much more promising for this region than I had expected for today. Not getting my hopes up, but nice to see nonetheless.

Currently 24.1°C

Bish