Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival 24th-28th June 2015

J10

This mornings charts seem seem to be firming up on a dry(ish) Wednesday and Thursday, even the ensembles look good :rofl: . Temps look decent as well into the low 20s for the most part.

Some rain still seems likely for Friday, but with higher pressure to the south, Glastonbury is current set to miss the worst of the rain. As you can imagine the difference of the site coping with 5mm and 15mm is large.

Looking showery into the weekend, perhaps moreso on Sunday.

The fluctuations in the models this years seems more than normal.

Edited by J10

Posted

So for these last few days the models all seem settled into: mostly pretty decent with some rain on Monday, Friday and Sunday - I can live with that. As you say, the severity on Friday will be key but I've had fantastic Glastonbury's with much worse.

Thanks as always J10. Your forecast very much part of the run-up for me and so many others :)

Thanks Jackone. I am liking the current forecast so fingers cross that there are no more turns for the worse.

I have already pretty much written today forecast and it looks very similar to yesterday and if anything slightly better, for Friday. 

i know we are supposed to have ups and downs, but this year takes the biscuit.

Actually, just checked BBC weather for Pilton tomorrow, it shows light rain between 8am and 9am, rest of the day cloudy until 3pm when the sun pops his head out....Can anyone confirm as we all know how accurate the Beeb can be sometimes...

Posted

Actually, just checked BBC weather for Pilton tomorrow, it shows light rain between 8am and 9am, rest of the day cloudy until 3pm when the sun pops his head out....Can anyone confirm as we all know how accurate the Beeb can be sometimes...

Most forecasts have rain, but not a lot.

The current suggestion for Glastonbury is 8mm or so of rain tomorrow, clearing into the afternoon. from GFS

UKMO4 which the UKMO base their forecasts on goes for less rain, closer to 2-4mm.

Fairly good agreement for dry or at least mostly dry from mid afternoon onwards.

Today's blog now up -

https://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4897-glastonbury-festival-2015-24-to-28-june-forecast-no-11/

next update tomorrow evening

if someone could update the ground conditions there after tomorrows forecast rain, I would be most obliged.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted

if someone could update the ground conditions there after tomorrows forecast rain, I would be most obliged.

Gladly. I should be onsite from about 1pm tomorrow and will post a few snaps.

• Like 1

STICK!

I'd take that latest forecast every year if offered. I don't think the small amount of rain expected tomorrow will have any real impact on ground conditions on the majority of the site, given that Tuesday is expected to be dry.

Incredible ups and downs in the run up this year. My dilemma now is whether I can risk only taking the intermediate footwear and leaving the wellies at home...

STICK!

I'd take that latest forecast every year if offered. I don't think the small amount of rain expected tomorrow will have any real impact on ground conditions on the majority of the site, given that Tuesday is expected to be dry.

Incredible ups and downs in the run up this year. My dilemma now is whether I can risk only taking the intermediate footwear and leaving the wellies at home...

take the wellies, unless burning man conditions are forecast !!!!!

Tonight has turned out to me much wetter than originally forecast here, and this may have an impact on Glastonbury rainfall overnight and into tomorrow.

STICK!

Take the wellies, it is better take them when not needed, than to not take them and need to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Panic not peeps, the rain is just heavy drizzle, it'll be good for settling the dust on site.

It seems a few of the other forecasts are showing more persistent rain on the weekend, it seems when Jackone predicts better conditions all the other forecasts change and vice versa! I hope they're behind the curve!

Posted

I've arrived and pitched up. It's all looking pretty good onsite :)

Grabbed a few photos on my phone on the way in - sorry they're not much cop! These are mostly facing south, where the clouds are. Going to go for a wander in a bit and will try to take some better ones from higher up.

Heard there was heavy rain overnight but it was welcome because the site was getting a bit dusty yesterday. There's light mud wherever the heavy vehicle traffic is, as you'd expect, but otherwise it's totally okay. Ground *slightly* damp to touch but not what you'd call wet - tent peg-friendly basically. Lovely sun - it's pretty warm actually - and a fair old wind driving patchy clouds past the vale at a fair old lick. There's a band including a few dark clouds off to the south but it's not coming overhead. Assuming no more rain the site will dry up this afternoon by the look of it.

post-3499-0-45710800-1434979554_thumb.jp

post-3499-0-15145700-1434979863_thumb.jp

post-3499-0-94647000-1434979959_thumb.jp

post-3499-0-54261100-1434980071_thumb.jp

• Like 4