Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well the Peak district may see some white stuff briefly tonight then it's a case of waiting for Wednesday too see what happens. That will depend on the cold sectors not being mixed out so tomorrows evenings model run will confirm a wintry mix or not.

Posted

Rainfall looks too light once again to produce Snow tonight pity as a bit of cooling due to heavy rain may have done the trick.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
30 minutes ago, Hull snow said:

Any one think we may see some snow in east Yorks this weekend ?

Unlikely, but not entirely impossible, wind turns to the east by the weekend but Hull would need sub -9c uppers for snow being so low and close to the coast, but further inland with elevation is a good bet, little drive into the Wolds and you could see some white stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Tonight is dissapointing, just a bit of sleet up here at the moment. Pretty breezy too!

More hopefull for Weds and Fri :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

What do folks think about West Yorkshire's chances for Monday? Certainly looks to have falling snow for some but just not sure for us! 

Posted

Monday too far away for now.

Wednesday looking better larger cold pool to work with on this mornings run but plenty of time yet for a downgrade.

Posted

Issued at:
1054 on Tue 1 Mar 2016

Valid from:
0005 on Wed 2 Mar 2016

Valid to:
1000 on Wed 2 Mar 2016

Showers or outbreaks of rain will turn wintry overnight, with the risk of a more prolonged spell of snowfall late in the night and during Wednesday morning, especially in the south. This will give a covering of snow with 1-4 cm possible in places and locally 5-10 cm, these higher accumulations mainly above 200 m. Icy stretches on untreated roads and pavements are also likely to form. Please be aware of some difficult driving conditions and the potential for travel disruption into the Wednesday morning rush hour. There remains some uncertainty as to where the greatest snowfall accumulations will occur and this warning will be kept under review and updated as necessary.

North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, York, Kingston upon Hull, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no
1 hour ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Issued at:
1054 on Tue 1 Mar 2016

Valid from:
0005 on Wed 2 Mar 2016

Valid to:
1000 on Wed 2 Mar 2016

Showers or outbreaks of rain will turn wintry overnight, with the risk of a more prolonged spell of snowfall late in the night and during Wednesday morning, especially in the south. This will give a covering of snow with 1-4 cm possible in places and locally 5-10 cm, these higher accumulations mainly above 200 m. Icy stretches on untreated roads and pavements are also likely to form. Please be aware of some difficult driving conditions and the potential for travel disruption into the Wednesday morning rush hour. There remains some uncertainty as to where the greatest snowfall accumulations will occur and this warning will be kept under review and updated as necessary.

North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Riding of Yorkshire, South Yorkshire, York, Kingston upon Hull, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire

Well certainly cant grumble with the forecast

CcdnAJmW4AAcLsl.thumb.jpg.67ebd0cf649bb4

Shame we cant get as much as NW Italy lol.... 

CcaXpTTUsAA2CIP.thumb.jpg.6275fafc93e5ec

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Thursday night starting to look potentially very good.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather
21 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Thursday night starting to look potentially very good.

Yes I think Thursday night looks a lot better than tomorrow. Firstly it will fall overnight. Trouble with tomorrow's event is by lunch time we will be looking at a watery slush mess. Not to say it won't be nice to see. But I know a lot crave settling lasting snow which with tomorrow mornings event I don't see lasting as temps are been shown around 7c by tomorrow afternoon on tv forecast. But as ever time will tell. But I think we stand a better chance Thursday night. 

Posted
36 minutes ago, terrier said:

Yes I think Thursday night looks a lot better than tomorrow. Firstly it will fall overnight. Trouble with tomorrow's event is by lunch time we will be looking at a watery slush mess. Not to say it won't be nice to see. But I know a lot crave settling lasting snow which with tomorrow mornings event I don't see lasting as temps are been shown around 7c by tomorrow afternoon on tv forecast. But as ever time will tell. But I think we stand a better chance Thursday night. 

Thursday is frontal, Wednesday is westerly and showery. For us, i'd say the order of preference is easterly showers>frontal>northerly>westerly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Have it...... Best Met forecast update for this region in ages too

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_16030212_0106.gif

Posted

mmmm maybe too far south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Hoping for the best tonight/tomorrow

Fully expecting any snow to take its usual route in across Lancashire, skirting West and South Yorkshire before ending up over the Midlands.

Some output suggesting eastern parts of Yorkshire along with Lincolnshire in with a shot too but I think this is more unlikely. Would love to be proven wrong, but this is the most usual outcome of any precipitation from the northwest for our region.

Posted

Looking like a Snow to rain event as it clears and then possible another spell of rain then snow in the evening for Yorkshire and then Lincolnshire. Looking like a messy day.

Posted

Thursday is potentially very interesting but I could definitely see it been a bit too marginal for low level. 

Tomorrow for South Yorkshire looks fantastic, I'm not hedging any bets for West Yorkshire.

I'm back in Leeds Thursday morning so hopefully I'll be greeted by an ever encroaching band of heavy snow.

Posted

Hoping to see maybe an slight covering for abit early morning Wednesday don't expect much though but any flakes will be an bonus these events can usually spring an few surprises no pun intended. 

Edited by Hessle Owl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Tomorrow morning does look interesting but the problem is it will mostly be all gone by early afternoon. Now Thursday night looks much more intresting think we could see a good dumping if it all comes together but as ever the devil is in the detail. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well latest BBC forecast is very good for Sheffield, has snow all morning shown on graphics from 7am right through to midday ish! Could be good up my way with up to 10cm forecast! We'll see lol.....METO website agrees though, this looks good:

tomorrowsnow.thumb.png.50bb81d97a3b554f8

Best thing is, even better to come Friday morning :D:cold: Look at that, heavy snow for HOURS. BANK!!  I can hope lol...... :cold:

fridaysnow.thumb.png.c6a2bae538cd814e1c3

Remains cold into weekend so if it gets deep Friday then it could last,  night time temps look to keep freezing it.

Edited by Winter Cold
added images/info