Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Chucking it down hail/sleety mix. The dog & I are soaked through!! Hopes raised for some white stuff later tonight:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

2'C currently with sleet, not really expecting much from this but nice to start the season off finally!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Have started on a cold note again after a bitter week. Frosty with not a drop of wind. Currently -1c.

Forecast looking decent for quite a few of us for snow. Let's face it, better this than another bizarrely monikered (as HC eluded) bag of wind, no "Storm Cuthbert" "Storm Sporty Spice" or "Storm Just for Men" to bore us to death. Nope, the snow ploughs are already oot and aboot in force, hopefully something good in the air

*fingers crossed for the Mongooses

'Storm in a teacup'?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

^ Wet fart?

• Like 1

Posted

'Storm Donald Trump'..hugely unpopular in Mexico apparently

Hmm checking the forecasts it's mostly downgrades with the snow potential for this northerly, hoping once the cold is established they'll be more surprises than not this weekend

Posted

Latest Met Warning is an upgrades of sorts for many South of Edinburgh. Certainly less 'East Coast only' than the earlier warning. I'm pretty much right on the border of the warning area so expecting a visit from our new friend the mongoose! 

Still - back to checking charts, forecasts, warnings and hopefully lamp post watching with a dram or 3. Great stuff :-)

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Storm Faecal Projection, aka super duperstorm... :oops:

No, I meant aka 541tstorm, thanks :fool: .  Kind of lost in translation...

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Just a mongoose in snow

post-15765-0-68899200-1448020298_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted

Cooling down  rapidly now after a wet dreich morning . Currently 3c after 5c at 7.00am this morning not far from seeing our first flakes I would think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

The showers have now reached Dyce and not surprisingly it's light rain as far as I can tell. Can't see anything on my cam at home, and nothing obviously wintry on the usual high route cameras on Traffic Scotland either.

Looking a little wintry on at least one of the Cairngorm Cams though. http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/cairngorm-mountain/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

We currently have clear blue skies and the temp has dropped from a positively blistering 5.6c around about 9.30 to 4.4c. After checking various forecasts if now looks as if we won't be seeing any of the white stuff here, its more likely to be sleet and rain, which is really what I expected. Enjoy the white stuff those of you who get any!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Not expecting anything here either. My parents in Kingussie had some snow last friday and Im surmising they might be in for some more tonight looking at the warning area?

Posted

Currently 4c/3c, cloudy with some light rain in St Andrews.

Good to see the updated Met Office warning has the caveat: this less likely near exposed coasts. They may as well have added  (that means you Hawesy)  :D

Good luck everyone - hope you see some of the white stuff later!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Aye the excitement starts this evening all eyes to the north. Wouldn't think anything wintry will fall until at least 5pm!

Posted

Well the temp has dropped off here in Dyce from 4.9C @11am to 3.3C @ 1pm. Been raining quite heavily at times for the last hour or more, and it got very sleety looking in the last heavy burst.

Posted

Well the temp has dropped off here in Dyce from 4.9C @11am to 3.3C @ 1pm. Been raining quite heavily at times for the last hour or more, and it got very sleety looking in the last heavy burst.

I'm not far from the city centre and it's very close to snow as I look out the window at the moment. I suspect it will be all snow further in land.

Posted

Drying up and a clearance  now coming in from the NW  across the Firth  as I switched off another outside water trough with  pink "cottonwool "   shower clouds in the clear skies on the horizon.  A very wintry looking sky! A dusting of fresh snow on most of the mountains to the north down to about 2000feet. Still 3c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

I'm not far from the city centre and it's very close to snow as I look out the window at the moment. I suspect it will be all snow further in land.

I can log into the Webcam that looks onto my rear garden. Hard to tell but it doesn't look like it's raining much there at the moment and certainly no signs of snow. Radar seems to confirm that the heavier rain is nearer the coast. It's probably just the cooling effect of the heavier bursts that's allowing it to sleet at sea level.

At worst I hope the local hills might have a covering. Might have to go for a walk tomorrow to get a 'fix'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The 6Z NMM had interesting potential for Glasgow around 7-8pm, with the main band moving south an hour or two later hitting Edinburgh about 9-10pm. It does look a bit more likely to be a wintry mix for coastal Aberdeenshire as upper air temperatures of around -5/-6C with a strong onshore wind meaning that DPs will be held just above 0C but for more sheltered areas further south there's a decent chance that it'll remain cold enough for proper snow tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just Sleet here so far, Hopefully later on as the cold air sinks South ☺

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Are any of you folks going to the Royal Met Society talk on jet streams in Edinburgh tonight?